Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #241
onyewu
Minors (Double A)

same issue here....my license key is entered and I try to "re-activate", but a message pops up "the game could nt be activated, please try again in a few minutes".....I only played one game of last season before giving up, but I thought I'd revisit this game again with the updates.......I guess I can't.......
onyewu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #242
BradC
All Star Starter

onyewu: I will PM you. If you're on OS X, that's a known issue with eSellerate. Until the problem is fixed, I can send you a Steam key.

Others on this thread: If you're having an activation problem with FHM on OS X, please PM me your order # and the date of the order (or approx. date; it makes it easier to look it up). I will verify and then send you a Steam key.

This is an issue that only affects FHM on OS X when the game was bought by us and needs to be verified by eSellerate. If you're having activation problems and don't fit those criteria, please file a ticket at support.ootpdevelopments.com. Thanks.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #243
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

With an impending update and patch upcoming (hopefully soon), will the rosters be updated to a specific time period ? I'm hoping that they are updated to at least the opening night rosters. Also will the July 1st rule for using the editor be done away with and removed in the current upcoming builds as there is currently no way to actually make the necessary transactions in the game before you start a season unless you have simulated an entire year until July 1st.

Last edited by BlackIce; 10-10-2014 at 06:16 PM.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #244
BradC
All Star Starter

The final FHM 2014 update won't have new rosters. Those will appear in FHM 2015. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #245
onyewu
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
With an impending update and patch upcoming (hopefully soon), will the rosters be updated to a specific time period ? I'm hoping that they are updated to at least the opening night rosters. Also will the July 1st rule for using the editor be done away with and removed in the current upcoming builds as there is currently no way to actually make the necessary transactions in the game before you start a season unless you have simulated an entire year until July 1st.

I agree BlackIce regarding the roster moves being locked....what good is being commissioner? I have just simmed to July 1, 2014 and was thinking of updating all the rosters myself (NHL & AHL)....not sure if I will undertake that task. Then I was thinking....even if I do, when does the player movement lock go back into place......??? I would like to have the ability to move players daily as I usually follow along with the actual season transactions for realism.

We'll see if I have the time to do this....
onyewu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #246
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

No one would buy the new version of the game if the rosters were updated on the last patch for the original game.

I agree about editing. That was the main reason I bought the game and my hands are tied for all but one day during the year.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 10-11-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #247
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
No one would buy the new version of the game if the rosters were updated on the last patch for the original game.

I agree about editing. That was the main reason I bought the game and my hands are tied for all but one day during the year.
I don't think the roster update would impact FHM15 as much as you think. In theory, a roster update is just a quick start game away. Only one person has to do it and then find a way to distribute it.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #248
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

One selling point for each years newer versions of OOTP is that it contains updated rosters.

I don't care one way or the other if the rosters are updated as long as the other features are working. Roster updates is important but not as much for me.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #249
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
One selling point for each years newer versions of OOTP is that it contains updated rosters.

I don't care one way or the other if the rosters are updated as long as the other features are working. Roster updates is important but not as much for me.
Definitely.. I don't disagree. I'm just saying with a little effort it could be done, that's all.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:56 PM   #250
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

If the rosters are not going to be updated for the upcoming FHM '14 patch then thats dandy. Please at least give us the ability and opportunity to use the in game editor so we can all do this ourselves as playing with rosters that are becoming very old and pigeonholing us into using the one day per year (July 1st) limitation is getting very frustrating to say the least.

Someone on this forum once made a pretty good point, and that was saving your rosters in a *savegame* format had the games engine determine all of the players potentials and hidden attributes saved to that *savegame* file becoming permanent. Thus making it so the eventual outcome of players will not be always determined randomly such as starting up a new game but the saved *savegame* file will stay saved to that permanent outcome without the game rolling determinations for players potentials and whatnot. If that makes any sense at all.

Last edited by BlackIce; 10-11-2014 at 04:06 PM.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #251
Hadehariast
Minors (Single A)

This is a question primarily for Sebastian:

Is it reasonable to expect a patch before the end of October?
Hadehariast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #252
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadehariast View Post
This is a question primarily for Sebastian:

Is it reasonable to expect a patch before the end of October?
When he knows the release date, he will announce it to everyone.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #253
BradC
All Star Starter

What Dave said: When we're ready to announce a release date for the update (and for FHM 2015), we'll do so. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #254
Spiller
Bat Boy

I just bought FHM 2014 on Steam yesterday and today when I tried to boot up the game, all i get is a white screen that is unresponsive, I can go to desktop but the program does not work, and when I opened up the problem details it says something is wrong with AppHangB1, I am running 1.6.19.0

Other than this problem the game has been nothing short of great!
Spiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #255
BradC
All Star Starter

To fix the white screen problem, delete the settings.dat file in:

\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\config

This is from the instructions for the version of the game we sell -- I assume it's the same with the Steam version, but it may put that file somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiller View Post
I just bought FHM 2014 on Steam yesterday and today when I tried to boot up the game, all i get is a white screen that is unresponsive, I can go to desktop but the program does not work, and when I opened up the problem details it says something is wrong with AppHangB1, I am running 1.6.19.0

Other than this problem the game has been nothing short of great!
Old 11-17-2014, 08:51 PM   #256
TheAlaskan
Minors (Single A)

You can't have it both ways:

Not update the rosters
Not be selling 2015.

Either update the rosters or release your game. If I purchased the game today I would be laughing in exasperation.

Think about it.
TheAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:30 PM   #257
Anton
Minors (Double A)

cry about it
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:03 PM   #258
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlaskan View Post

Not update the rosters
Not be selling 2015.

Either update the rosters or release your game. If I purchased the game today I would be laughing in exasperation.

Think about it.
And yet, it appears they can.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:52 PM   #259
TheAlaskan
Minors (Single A)

indeed it does.
TheAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:02 AM   #260
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlaskan View Post

Not update the rosters
Not be selling 2015.

Think about it.
I take all critics for FHM 2014 as a few are well deserved. But you can't critic us for a game that is not released (nobody paid anything for 2015 so far, no pre-orders, never promised any date), that is way out of line to be honest. And for not updating the roster in FHM 2013/14 (we had regular roster updates during the season, not many sport sims do this in that frequency), think about it.