Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues All issues that have been logged and given a TT # are stored here until fixed

Old 01-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
trreinhard
Minors (Rookie Ball)

BZ 1998: Too Many Ballparks

Long time OOTP user (since OOTP3), first time poster. I thought I would share this error I found in case there are others who have a massive minor league and feeder system. Over my previous offseason, I added a bunch of HS feeder leagues. Now I get to Spring Training and OOTP crashes when I click on "Manage Game" on the Schedule page. Other saved games I have still work when I try this.

On one of my games that doesn't crash, I looked at the Options & Preview screen to see if there was anything that might be specific to the league that I am running. The only thing other than team managers was the ballpark option. Knowing I added a ton of ballparks when I added more feeder leagues, I went to the edit ballparks page to see if I could delete some of the ball parks I don't use. (There doesn't appear to be a delete parks option.) Since I have one generic High School stadium that all my teams use, I wouldn't mind cleaning up that list. When I was clicking through the Edit Ballpark options, OOTP crashed when I clicked the Pictures & Coordinates tab.

I found a smaller parks.dat file (older verion) from another league and posted it my league that I had problems with. That league now works. So I would say I exceeded the number of parks that the application can handle. I would attach parks.dat file (1008 K) in this thread. But the posting rules say I may not post attachments. First time poster restriction probably.

Thanks.
trreinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

How much RAM does your computer have?

Are you running version 9.2.13? If not, which one?
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
trreinhard
Minors (Rookie Ball)

3 GB RAM
Running Version 9.2.13.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #4
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Why don't you FTP a copy of your .dat files with the troublesome parks.dat file included and let us know the file name per the following instructions:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-files-us.html
Old 01-29-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
trreinhard
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've ftped a zip fille (trreinhard.zip) containing all my .dat files to the ftp location.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:41 PM   #6
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

I logged this one as BZ 1998.