Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 10-26-2019, 12:20 PM   #1
popimorenito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Title Bout II

Hi fellas,
The computer version of Jim Trunzo's new Title Bout II will be available this month on the Straight Jab Media website. A free trial version will be offered and then the ability to upgrade to the full game. The programming is done by Bill Salm, who also programmed Legends of Boxing. I apologize in advance if this is not the place to be posting this. I just know that there are many on here who have been frustrated at the delay with the new Title Bout from PISD and have also been having problems with the bugginess of 2013, the lack of support, and Windows upgrade compatibility with 2.5. Many of us are up in age and while playing the card version of Jim's upgraded Title Bout II would be exciting, it is time consuming and would not offer us an opportunity to get as far as we want in our universes. Perhaps this is the answer. No disrespect at all is intended to Paul by this post. I simply acknowledge that he is very busy with other projects and that Title Bout is just not a priority at this time. Hopefully this will be a welcome alternative.
popimorenito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:17 PM   #2
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

thanks for the heads up i'll look into it
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:22 PM   #3
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

apparently the link to download is down?
Old 10-27-2019, 01:55 AM   #4
popimorenito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just read in the forum on Facebook that the link will be up and functional before the end of the month. So it shouldn't be much longer.
Old 10-27-2019, 12:08 PM   #5
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimorenito View Post
Hi fellas,
The computer version of Jim Trunzo's new Title Bout II will be available this month on the Straight Jab Media website. A free trial version will be offered and then the ability to upgrade to the full game. The programming is done by Bill Salm, who also programmed Legends of Boxing. I apologize in advance if this is not the place to be posting this. I just know that there are many on here who have been frustrated at the delay with the new Title Bout from PISD and have also been having problems with the bugginess of 2013, the lack of support, and Windows upgrade compatibility with 2.5. Many of us are up in age and while playing the card version of Jim's upgraded Title Bout II would be exciting, it is time consuming and would not offer us an opportunity to get as far as we want in our universes. Perhaps this is the answer. No disrespect at all is intended to Paul by this post. I simply acknowledge that he is very busy with other projects and that Title Bout is just not a priority at this time. Hopefully this will be a welcome alternative.
I just hope the boob who programmed the Trunzos first computer version is not involved. That was a disaster.

Cap
Old 10-27-2019, 01:20 PM   #6
popimorenito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cap! How are you? I hope all is well. I enjoy following your universe and I have to tell you that it is an honor to get a response from YOU! Well, I suspect that it should be pretty thorough. The last program that he did was Legends of Boxing for Windows and it was really good. There were no bells or whistles, but it was a solid program which I think can still be found on the internet. I am including the link to the q&a for the computer version of Title Bout II and Jim has stated that if there are anymore questions that we are free to ask them and he will forward them to Bill.
https://www.straightjabmedia.com/computer-q-atre

Last edited by popimorenito; 10-27-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:33 PM   #7
popimorenito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I apologize for the error on the link. I was typing from my phone earlier. Here is the corrected link for the Title Bout II Q&A. https://www.straightjabmedia.com/computer-q-a
Old 10-28-2019, 11:54 AM   #8
Bogie
All Star Reserve

I've been watching the new Trunzo games for a while now, even purchased the board game! But really waiting to see the new Title Bout II computer game! I don't believe the game here will ever happen!!!
Bogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:31 AM   #9
Bogie
All Star Reserve

Jim Trunzo announced this morning that his new computer game is ready!
www.straightjabmedia.com
Old 10-31-2019, 10:53 AM   #10
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Save your time and money folks. This is nothing but a bare bones computer replica of the box game, with very, very few boxers included and no (that I could see) record keeping of any kind. In other words, it's playing a universe with the box version except the computer flips the cards for you.... and with no tutorial and/or manual (again, that I could find) it wasn't at all clear how that even works.

Maybe it will expand at some point, but right now, IMO, better off leaving this alone.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:26 PM   #11
Bogie
All Star Reserve

Hey OFG,
It does seem pretty simplistic, but you can sim a Fight with a quick fight option, and I think multiple fights at a time. I also thought there was some recording of stats. Very few boxers were included. I downloaded the trial version, which was said to be a full version of the game and boxers! For this to ever be something I would be interested in paying for, it would have to be improved.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:56 PM   #12
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Sounds like going backwards instead of forwards....

Cap
Old 11-02-2019, 01:48 PM   #13
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

It does keep records, compile rankings and have champions. I really enjoy it. You only get 20 fighters with the trial version.
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 06:52 PM   #14
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

unless someone found something different I have a huge problem with all the clicking through the rounds/game this IS a step backwards...(unless someone saw something different)
Old 11-03-2019, 09:46 AM   #15
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

It’s like the Legend of Boxing pc game (same programmer), it doesn’t look great but it allows multiple bouts to be simmed.

Definitely NOT a step backwards for me but each to their own.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:42 PM   #16
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

There is a 5 day demo, check it out and decide for yourself. I like the stat keeping, still on the fence about buying, somewhat clunky few bugs that will be squashed hopefully soon. Thanks.
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:19 PM   #17
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

From the webpage:

"First download the program located below. Get the complete, feature-filled Title Bout II Computer Game at no cost and try it for FIVE DAYS."

Bold mine. COMPLETE tells me those few fighters are all that come with it even if you buy it. Now if others have a different definition of complete I'm okay with that, but I do believe (haven't purchased so don't know for sure) that these are all of the fighters that come with the game. Their pricing strategy appears to be to make the most on people buying card sets rather than the game, but again, could be wrong as that's just what it looks like to me.

And I still can't find any record keeping of any kind, and in fact, still don't really know what I'm doing other than clicking on the BAC tab to turn over new cards. There was no tutorial (that I could find) and no manual (that I could find) and so perhaps ALL of these problems I've listed are indeed merely a result of me just not knowing what I'm doing.... but it seems to me you shouldn't sell games that leaves paying (or potentially paying) customers in such a bind. Manuals/tutorials should be part of any game it seems to me.

This simple game leaves me frustrated every time I try to play it because all I'm doing is clicking on something with no clue as to what's happening. I'll finish a couple of rounds (all options on default, I never change anything until I know what I'm changing) and the "round scores" always just show 0-0 as if nothing happened during the entire rounds. Which from my point of view is accurate, because the only things I could "see" happening was me clicking on that BAC card every time.

I bought the boxed version and like it pretty well. I guess I'll have to stick with that. No way would I pay for this (unless I can somehow figure out what I'm doing wrong if I'm doing something wrong. It sure sounds to me like it's all on me but again, no manual, no tutorial..... are people supposed to mind read on how to play a computer game???)
Old 11-04-2019, 11:34 AM   #18
Bogie
All Star Reserve

Honestly ... I changed my mind. I probably was unfair when I said it would have to improve for me to buy! I'm sure I will buy it. I have pretty much every incarnation of Jim's little game, and need to have this one also. I already got the board game!!!
Old 11-04-2019, 01:34 PM   #19
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
From the webpage:

"First download the program located below. Get the complete, feature-filled Title Bout II Computer Game at no cost and try it for FIVE DAYS."

Bold mine. COMPLETE tells me those few fighters are all that come with it even if you buy it. Now if others have a different definition of complete I'm okay with that, but I do believe (haven't purchased so don't know for sure) that these are all of the fighters that come with the game. Their pricing strategy appears to be to make the most on people buying card sets rather than the game, but again, could be wrong as that's just what it looks like to me.

And I still can't find any record keeping of any kind, and in fact, still don't really know what I'm doing other than clicking on the BAC tab to turn over new cards. There was no tutorial (that I could find) and no manual (that I could find) and so perhaps ALL of these problems I've listed are indeed merely a result of me just not knowing what I'm doing.... but it seems to me you shouldn't sell games that leaves paying (or potentially paying) customers in such a bind. Manuals/tutorials should be part of any game it seems to me.

This simple game leaves me frustrated every time I try to play it because all I'm doing is clicking on something with no clue as to what's happening. I'll finish a couple of rounds (all options on default, I never change anything until I know what I'm changing) and the "round scores" always just show 0-0 as if nothing happened during the entire rounds. Which from my point of view is accurate, because the only things I could "see" happening was me clicking on that BAC card every time.

I bought the boxed version and like it pretty well. I guess I'll have to stick with that. No way would I pay for this (unless I can somehow figure out what I'm doing wrong if I'm doing something wrong. It sure sounds to me like it's all on me but again, no manual, no tutorial..... are people supposed to mind read on how to play a computer game???)
yea this one is a no go for me did 10 rounds all 10-10 scorecards tons of fouls (no point deductions) and ZERO punches landed.....sorry but just not impressed.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:01 AM   #20
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Here is a video of someone playing the PC version if it helps

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3wJUDmENg5c