Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:27 PM   #1
gfas
Minors (Single A)

Ratings question

Why is it that many of the current and potential ratings for players on the Rosters & Transactions Overview page differ from those on the Player Profile Scouting Reports page? The R&T page has my scouts ratings selected. I have not advanced any days into the game yet. I noticed this in OOTP17 as well. Maybe I'm missing a setting correction somewhere?

For example: on the R&T Overview, scout ratings show a player has current and potential of 4 stars each. Click on his name and go into the Scouting Reports page, and his current and potential are both 4 1/2 stars according to the scout.
gfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:21 AM   #2
Mills
Minors (Single A)

My guess is the scouting ratings on the R&T page are as of right now where as the scouting page ratings are from the last time he was scouted, which maybe is a few days or weeks ago at least?
Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:38 AM   #3
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I usually see this behavior when I've started and simmed a game with scouts off, for instance, then turn them on, or the opposite. If you've made no changes at any time along the way, then I'd have to look up old explanations that, frankly, never rang the bell of lasting truth for me. It's always been a difficult and confusing concept. I wish I had a concrete answer for you, but opinions and interpretations always differ. What doesn't differ is the topic arising every version.

I'll try to do a bit more homework before the official release and when I'm less worn down than I am and can be more attentive.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:12 AM   #4
gfas
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills View Post
My guess is the scouting ratings on the R&T page are as of right now where as the scouting page ratings are from the last time he was scouted, which maybe is a few days or weeks ago at least?
I'm not sure that's it because the scouting report is dated for the same day that I'm actually on.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:25 PM   #5
gfas
Minors (Single A)

Maybe it has something to do with my having ratings compare a player to all players, not just players of the same position? I don't know. It wouldn't be a huge deal if I just knew which one meant what. I don't know which one to trust though. It's the same thing on the trade page. Am I trading for a prospect who looks like a future big league regular as would be suggested on the trade negotiation page, or a fringe guy at best as it suggests once you click on him and go into the scouting report?
Old 03-26-2017, 12:04 AM   #6
gfas
Minors (Single A)

Looks like I originally posted this in the wrong section. Just bumping it in case anyone has any suggestions.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:57 AM   #7
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Is it possible one of the ratings comes from your head scout, and the other comes from OSA (the leaguewide scouting service) ? Those reports will often be different, and for young players can be wildly different.

If you're sure that's not the explanation, then I don't know what it could be. I don't think I've ever seen that behaviour, when comparing the R+T screen with player profiles.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:03 AM   #8
malor
Major Leagues

My request would be that the rating everywhere in the game reflect your Head Scout rating, except for the OSA ratings on the Scouting page or when you change to it on the various list screens.

The ratings on the Player Scouting Tab should always match those shown on the main Profile Page in the Summary Tab. They should also match those shown in the various lists unless you change the scouting option from your head coach to OSA scouting.

The Team Scout rating should be shown everywhere unless specifically change by the player so we don't have to guess which rating we are looking at.

Question for Developers, On the Team Pitching, Lineups page and other "List" screens, the option for Scouting only has one choice, OSA. This should default to Team Scout with an option to toggle to OSA and back to Team Scout. This is probably the reason for confusion with Ratings display.

Thanks,
Malor
malor is offline   Reply With Quote