Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues

Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues All issues that have been logged and given a TT # are stored here until fixed

Old 12-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
Hrbek14
Minors (Single A)

BZ 1979: Hitting streak bug?

I'm posting this, but I'm not sure if it's an actual bug or not. I was just playing a game and I have a player who was on a 15 game hitting streak. He hit a single early in the game and was thrown out trying to stretch it into a double. He walked in his next couple of plate appearances. Then, in the 8th inning, he hit a single and the play-by-play let me know that he had extended his hitting streak to 16 games. Does that mean that if he hadn't gotten another hit that his hitting streak would have come to an end despite the fact that he got a hit?
Hrbek14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:35 AM   #2
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Not sure. The PbP seems a bit off, at least. Which version of the game were you using, please?
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #3
Tony M
Global Moderator

Is it the case then in the rules that if you reach first and try to make second and get thrown out that you get credited with a hit despite being out?

Do you have to stop at first and make a second attempt to reach second or does carrying on round the base count?
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
Lintyfresh
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yep.

You are always given credit for the last base you passed.

So say you try for a triple but get thrown out at third... you'd be given credit for a double.

Same rule applies for going for a double.
Lintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:20 PM   #5
Hrbek14
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
Not sure. The PbP seems a bit off, at least. Which version of the game were you using, please?
That's why I'm not sure if it's a game bug or a PbP bug. It's also a very difficult one to test for without running the code in a debug mode - you need someone on a long hitting streak to get thrown out trying to stretch a hit for an extra base and then immediately remove that player so he doesn't have a chance to get a second hit.

I'm using 9.2.11 - I downloaded the latest patch last week and this just happened a couple of days ago.
Hrbek14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:51 PM   #6
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

This, I believe, is a pbp bug. In playing out my games, I frequently see players on a long hitting streak get multiple hits in a game. With each hit, it tells me that the player extended his hitting streak.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:43 AM   #7
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrbek14 View Post
That's why I'm not sure if it's a game bug or a PbP bug. It's also a very difficult one to test for without running the code in a debug mode - you need someone on a long hitting streak to get thrown out trying to stretch a hit for an extra base and then immediately remove that player so he doesn't have a chance to get a second hit.

I'm using 9.2.11 - I downloaded the latest patch last week and this just happened a couple of days ago.
Do you still happen to have the game log and box score so we can see if both hits are recorded. If so, it's a PbP issue.
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #8
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I can verify this. At first I considered it a bug, but it is not a critical bug.

If a player has a streak and he continues the streak, it always says that he extended his streak to xx games, even if he got a hit earlier in the game.

No big deal, it should actually say 'He extended his streak to 15 games in the 4th inning'

The wording is not too bad, so I just take it as another reminder that he has extended his streak.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:50 PM   #9
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

This was logged as BZ 1979.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote