Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 06-03-2003, 10:02 PM   #1
BigHits1
Bat Boy

Start up errors

If I close out of OOTP5, and try to run another program, my computer always freezes with an error message.

The game runs fine while it's running.

I can minimizw the game while doing other easy things like surfing the net, but of course to run another game, OOTP5 must be closed.

This has been happening for a few days in a row now. Just got the game this past weekend.

This is causing me to have to constantly restart my computer every time I go to run another program.

My system is otherwise very stable, and I can open, run and close some very heavy duty (graphic intensive, etc) games in a row with no problem, just since installing OOTP5

Other than that, I love the game. This is the first sports sim I've bought. I've checked out a couple other demos, but OOTP5 seems to be the best, overall.

Last edited by BigHits1; 06-03-2003 at 10:05 PM.
BigHits1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 10:10 PM   #2
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Can you give me some system specs, what you are running "in the back ground", etc? As much info as you can.
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 08:11 PM   #3
BigHits1
Bat Boy

additional info

Hi Steve,

Thanks.

Pretty much, I'm talking only thing running is OOTP5, just like when I run any other game, everything else is shut down. I usually go so far as to check ctrl/alt/dlt, before running a game. All that's usually on is explorer and systray.

My System: PIII 933 mhz (Complete Dell system, not a home brew)
387 ram
Nvidia Gforce II Ultra
Windows ME (I know, but I'm up to date, and other games, including serious stuff like Unreal Tournament 2003, I've got no similar problems with)
Sound blaster live

So what's happening is if I run OOTP5, then close (shut down completely, not just minimize) the program. Then if I go to run another game, my computer freezes with an error message, can't even do a ctrl/alt/delete, have to hit the reset button, that's how bad it freezes.

I have the newest version of OOTP5, just purchased whole thing this past weekend.

Thanks for any help
Old 06-04-2003, 08:48 PM   #4
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

People at times think that because a game is "high graphics" that it is using alot of memory....but in fact it maybe using very little of the system resources and most or all of the video memory. OOTP crunches TONS of numbers for each game or day or sim that you run......so it could possibly be using more resources than other games(not sure just speculating).

Kind of a side note, ME is about the worst OS you could use. I ran it for 6 months and had to "reboot" 8 or 10 times a day to run programs so I understand. If I were you I'd check ebay or you may even have a copy of Win98 SE that I would use to replace ME.

Have you run scandisk and defrag recently? They may help.
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 11:13 PM   #5
BigHits1
Bat Boy

Start Up Crashes

I rebooted and made sure even my internet browser was closed.

I did have better results.

I'll run a scan disc and defrag this weekend, to keep it running as smooth as possible.

Thanks again Steve.