Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 12-03-2019, 03:12 AM   #1
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Def. Games Played Statistical Error (and Poss. Related Def. Sub Issue)

I'm having fun playing with my shiny new toy I acquired over the weekend, Special Edition Cesar Cedeno. His stats currently show that he has started 24 of our 27 games in CF. What is curious about his stats is that he claims to have appeared in CF in 33 of our 27 games. His batting stats show 24 starts and 27 total appearances.

I suspect this is linked to another thing which is probably more of a design flaw than a bug. I have Martin Dihigo set to come in off the bench as the defensive replacement in CF to make use of his 79 positional rating. Cedeno is set up to move to RF as the defensive replacement there. It is a new card so he isn't fully trained up yet, but his starting rating of 64 in RF is better than Peak Sheffield's 50.

Looking at applicable games, it appears that the AI tries to give lip service to my desired defensive alignment (Dihigo's 79 in CF, Cedeno's 64 in RF) before telling me to bugger off to play what they deem best (Cedeno's 74 in CF, Dihigo's 90 in RF). I suspect that this pump fake the AI is giving me is what is leading to the Games Played count being so wrong.

I have moved Cedeno to be the primary sub for RF against both LHP and RHP (while still starting in CF). My hope is that getting him fully trained up in RF will make the AI more willing to sub him there late game, allowing Dihigo's superior glove to take over in CF.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 12-03-2019 at 03:14 AM.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:02 AM   #2
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Cedeno is now showing as having played CF in 68 games when I have only played 55 total. That's a lot of extra games from someone also claiming to have started 50 games in CF

Obviously this trend is persisting as the season continues. He has only played in one game (based on his stats, which... *shrugs* probably?) in RF so far, upping his positional rating from 64 to 66. I'll only provide updates as the situation changes, or short of that, when his positional training appears to be complete. Since my lineup as currently constructed only plays him out of his primary CF position when the RF is tired but Cedeno is not, it may take a while.

I'm also open to any advice from developers or fellow players on ways to possibly address these issues that result in the implemented lineups more closely resembling my actual strategic intentions.

Primary Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 12-04-2019 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:29 PM   #3
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

183 games in CF is probably wrong.

https://imgur.com/a/Oq61IPe

Embedding images is beyond my technical comprehension.

Primary Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 12-08-2019 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:55 AM   #4
Mark Jamil
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I directed your report to the appropriate devs. Hopefully someone will have some insight on what you are observing.