Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:48 AM   #381
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
So Battery Point is rebuilding... selling off our top brass (like the 95 Chris Speier, already departed is the best player from my initial six pack opening --- the 85 rated Sheffield --- I am shedding a tear on that one) and actually moving towards a "team focus" rather than just buying the best players possible. As a result, we might be lying low for the rest of this season and next, down here in the bronze leagues... but when we are rebuilt, watch out!!!!

;-)

I didn't play PT 19, so I am still new to this. I put together a qualifying team for Our League, looking forward to tweaking it and trying some different strategies going forward!
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:12 AM   #382
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

While my Salem Witches have a theme (Pittsburgh Pirates), my much maligned Arkham Horrors do not (unless "door mat" is a theme). Therefore, we are joining Battery Point in the painful process of rebuilding. This will be something of a shock to our tens of fans, but it is the will of the Nameless Ones that it be done. Therefore, we will be ... eliminating ... all cards younger than I am and going with an Elder Being theme.

Thank you for your attention.

"Quod fuissem, fuit."

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:28 AM   #383
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

It is worth noting that, in pursuit of this goal (and celebrating the history of baseball;s Frontier League) we have signed "Ripper" Collings (1935) to our team.

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS

Old 04-12-2019, 10:41 AM   #384
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
It is worth noting that, in pursuit of this goal (and celebrating the history of baseball;s Frontier League) we have signed "Ripper" Collings (1935) to our team.
Since your goal is to have a bunch of really old players on your team, perhaps you should change his nickname to "R.I.P."
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:50 AM   #385
Charlatan
All Star Starter

On a different topic, it seems to me we're approaching 30 people in the league. This is a magic number because you can't have more than 30 friends on your friends list.

Seems to me that we will need to start tracking the league each team is moving to so we can customize our friends lists according to the league we're in. For example, before the end of the day Sunday we would create a list like this showing what league each team is moving to next week:

Team A : Iron
Team B : Bronze
Team C: Bronze
Team D: Silver
Team E: Gold
Team F: Silver
Team G: Iron

Iron friends: Owner A, Owner G
Bronze friends: Owner B, Owner C
Silver friends: Owner D, Owner F
Gold friends: Owner E

If your team is moving to Iron you'd make sure you added all the Iron friends, if moving to Bronze you'd friend all the Bronze friends, and so forth.

This ensures that Our League teams are placed in the same leagues when realignment occurs Monday morning.

If we don't have 30 people participating we wouldn't need to do this (actually maybe it's 31 because I never friend myself), but as I said, I think we're getting close.

Thoughts?
Old 04-12-2019, 11:57 AM   #386
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Maybe, we think of the Friends list as a "network"?

If we designate a few "anchor" players at each level and everyone friends all of them, then won't we all get pulled into leagues together?

For instance, if we ALL have the Bronze Bombers, the Bronze Baboons, and the Bronze Bisons on our friends list (and they, of course, are all on each other's) won't that pull all of us into their league?

This also means I don't have to worry if my Bronze team is promoted to Silver. As long as my list includes the three Silver anchor teams - I will be drawn into their league.

If that works, it will eliminate the need to constantly update our friends list or worry about limits.

I don't know how the sorting software works, but that seems logical to me.

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS

Old 04-12-2019, 12:02 PM   #387
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
On a different topic, it seems to me we're approaching 30 people in the league. This is a magic number because you can't have more than 30 friends on your friends list.

Seems to me that we will need to start tracking the league each team is moving to so we can customize our friends lists according to the league we're in. For example, before the end of the day Sunday we would create a list like this showing what league each team is moving to next week:

Team A : Iron
Team B : Bronze
Team C: Bronze
Team D: Silver
Team E: Gold
Team F: Silver
Team G: Iron

Iron friends: Owner A, Owner G
Bronze friends: Owner B, Owner C
Silver friends: Owner D, Owner F
Gold friends: Owner E

If your team is moving to Iron you'd make sure you added all the Iron friends, if moving to Bronze you'd friend all the Bronze friends, and so forth.

This ensures that Our League teams are placed in the same leagues when realignment occurs Monday morning.

If we don't have 30 people participating we wouldn't need to do this (actually maybe it's 31 because I never friend myself), but as I said, I think we're getting close.

Thoughts?
Smashing idea!
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:02 PM   #388
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I dunno how it all works, so maybe I'm worried for nothing!
Old 04-12-2019, 12:11 PM   #389
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I pulled a 91 Live Severino in a pack this morning - hopefully I can sell it for some much needed upgrades on the Gutter Cats....first Diamond I've pulled with my FTP team.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:19 PM   #390
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I pulled a 91 Live Severino in a pack this morning - hopefully I can sell it for some much needed upgrades on the Gutter Cats....first Diamond I've pulled with my FTP team.
Pack only Kaneohe is .500 and on schedule to be promoted to Diamond. It is fun opening packs, but I haven't seen an upgrade since I started this team. Sigh. If I get promoted I am going to get smashed liked the Atom Smashers smashed the Puppies.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:41 PM   #391
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Pack only Kaneohe is .500 and on schedule to be promoted to Diamond. It is fun opening packs, but I haven't seen an upgrade since I started this team. Sigh. If I get promoted I am going to get smashed liked the Atom Smashers smashed the Puppies.

On the positive side, if you get clobbered out of diamond, you'll likely have an Our League to land in.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:35 PM   #392
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

First Our League Title of 2021 to Mokes

Kaneohe took two of three road games from the Seattle Pilots in G318 to claim the 2021 title, finishing at 8-2, with Seattle ending at 2-4 in the schedule-ly challenged league. The Ewa Beach Fighting Chickens, now at 1-2 still have a three-game home stand left against the Port Ruppert Mundys, who are 2-5. Given the truncated nature of the league season, Kaneohe's fan club president, Don Ho-hum, said a large scale celebration was not in the works, "We're just planning a loco moco breakfast bash, and then hit the surf. No worries - we plan on making a bigger splash in the future." He then extended an invitation to the scheduled fete, adding, "But hey, if you're hungry, e komo mai no ka ua i ka hale welakahao."

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 04-13-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:46 AM   #393
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Bobcats Ground the Jets to Take S261 Lead

Ozark (OZ) protected their home turf, taking 3-of-4 from Wheatland, setting up the final series of the Our League (OL) season, a 3-game road trip against those same Jets, as a date with destiny. The Bobcats, now 5-2, have a straight forward task - win the series - win the pennant. The Jets, 2-5, must sweep to avoid at least a share of the cellar. With Aina Haina (AH) already finished, at 6-4, the tie-breaker may see its first use since the start of Our League in PT 19. It is, with current scores of Aina Haina and Ozark:

1. Head to head - n/a in this case
a. Run differential head to head - n/a
b. Most runs scored head to head -n/a
c. Least runs allowed head to head - n/a

2. Run differential in OL - OZ, +6; AH, +5

3. Most wins in OL - n/a

4. Most runs scored in OL - OZ, 48; AH, 38

5. Least runs allowed in OL - AH, 33; OZ, 42

6. Best record in PT play - AH, 78-55; 62-71

The numbers show that the Bobcats are the masters of their destiny and, given tie-breaker step #6, show how Our League play represents an opportunity to turn an also-ran PT season into a run for glory.

Terra Incognita finished their OL year at 4-6.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 04-13-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:24 AM   #394
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Annandale Update

Lots of action this month both at The Reactor and away from home for Annandale. We had a lot of trouble with Waffletown.

Annandale (1) at Waffletown (2): a long road trip took its toll on the Atom Smashers, as Annandale looked fatigued in Waffletown. The Syrups took two of three. The Syrups' Mel Harder (11-4, 3.86 ERA) pitched a gem in the first game while Cecil Travis (.301/.349/.401) went 4-4 to batter Atom Smasher pitching. Annandale's Catfish Hunter pitched a gem in game 3, leading the Atom Smashers to a 9-0 shutout victory.

Waffletown (3) at Annandale (1): Annandale played a kind host to Waffletown next, winning just one game in four game series. Stan Musial (.270/.339/.389) hit a 3-run homer in the top of the ninth in the first game to give Waffletown the 3-0 victory, foiling Max Scherzer once again! Annandale got a bit of revenge in the second game as Catfish Hunter allowed only 2 hits over 6 innings in a 3-1 Annandale victory.

Annandale (3) at Cooper (0): The Atom Smashers walked all over the Gutter Cats, sweeping a series at Under My Wheels stadium. Shane Victorino (.272/.299/.403) lead the bats in game one of the series, going 2-4 with a homer and a double.

Shasta (1) at Annandale (2): Dick Donovan (9-15, 4.25 ERA) scattered 7 hits over 7 innings as Shasta took the second game of the series. In game three, Fred Newman (13-5, 2.98 ERA) pitched a gem for Annandale, allowing 5 hits and just 2 runs over 8 innings, and Annandale scored 5 runs in the 5th inning to power their way to a 5-2 victory.

Annandale (1) at Asheboro (2): The Road Dogs were dynamite at home, taking two of three from the visiting Atom Smashers. Bobby Bonilla (.246/.307/.396) was smashing in the first game, going 2-4 with a HR and a double as Asheboro won 10-3. Annandale took game two 10-4. Keith Hernandez (.288/.346/.439) was 2-4 with 3 RBI for the visitors.

September games
Waffletown @ Annandale 3x (due to the weirdness of the sim schedule, two of these games have been played, but I'm pretending they haven't!)
Asheboro @ Annandale 3x

October games
Annandale @ Asheboro 4x

Last edited by Charlatan; 04-13-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:36 AM   #395
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

B213 Big Bang Theory: As Complicated as 1-2-3

The Annadale Atom Smashers continued to set a blistering pace, 16-8 in yesterdays sims, and are now perched on the precipice of the pinnacle that is the Our League championship. By the numbers cited in the headline:

1 - As in the first game of today's sims against Waffletown. A win by Annadale at home makes the Syrups' already daunting task to take the top spot more treacherous. Should the Atom Smashers prevail, Waffletown could afford just one more loss, providing Annadale went on to lose their last seven. One is also the only amount of losses third-place Cooper could suffer and retain their slim hopes, and that would necessitate the league leaders falling into an 0-8 tailspin.

2 - The number of losses that eliminates the Gutter Cats. Also, the number of wins that Annandale needs to insure that even a single loss by either of the already marginal contenders clinches the league crown.

3 - The number of Atom Smasher wins that makes it all academic.

The standings:
Attached Images
Old 04-13-2019, 08:55 AM   #396
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
The Annadale Atom Smashers continued to set a blistering pace, 16-8 in yesterdays sims, and are now perched on the precipice of the pinnacle that is the Our League championship. By the numbers cited in the headline:

1 - As in the first game of today's sims against Waffletown. A win by Annadale at home makes the Syrups' already daunting task to take the top spot more treacherous. Should the Atom Smashers prevail, Waffletown could afford just one more loss, providing Annadale went on to lose their last seven. One is also the only amount of losses third-place Cooper could suffer and retain their slim hopes, and that would necessitate the league leaders falling into an 0-8 tailspin.

2 - The number of losses that eliminates the Gutter Cats. Also, the number of wins that Annandale needs to insure that even a single loss by either of the already marginal contenders clinches the league crown.

3 - The number of Atom Smasher wins that makes it all academic.

The standings:

I'm just surprised my boys are doing that well within our group.... overall Waffletown is a lackluster 62-71... some seasons ya got it, some seasons ya don't...
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:37 AM   #397
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

A Few Thoughts, Suggestions, a Final Plea

It's really great that more people seem to be catching the writing bug. I enjoy penning the occasional blurb, but my schedule doesn't permit me as much time as I'd like. The articles that others post make for enjoyable reading.

With that in mind, I'd like to suggest that everybody who has a mind to might post a little post mortem of their season and a look toward the future. It could be as simple as a survey of which players performed best, worst, which team had your number, who you beat up on, what awards your team won, your plans for improvement, who has reached the end of his rope, a BOTS, how your Our League season compared with your PT season, and so on.

I also think it might be fun to conduct a poll early Mondays to see how people think the next season will go. I could even envision a time where we could nominate players for awards based only on Our League play, and perhaps a Manager of the Year across all the Our Leagues. Let me know your thoughts.

Finally, I know I've asked this multiple times, but I would appreciate if people use a distinctive primary logo, rather than the generic looking ones that the game produces. I go through the schedules to put up the home and away lists and it makes it much easier if they stand out. Given the many great logos Our League has, and the willingness others have shown to make them, I think it's doable. All you need to do is copy and paste the logo from the forum onto your desktop, or another file. Then go to customize in the game, select advanced, and then browse in your computer to select it into the game. Even a large single letter, such as Seattle and Wheatland use (see below) stands out. I will confess, however I miss the Pilots logo from last year, which I guess has moved into the secondary spot, I assume so the "S" will appear on the cap in the player picture. I guess that's also true for Wheatland's "W." That said, I would like to see the Jets logo more often.

I've also included Stephensville's logo to show how terrific a single, stylized, letter can look. I'm putting the soap box away on this issue. Hope I haven't gotten too whiny about it.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 04-13-2019 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:23 AM   #398
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
I've also included Stephensville's logo to show how terrific a single, stylized, letter can look. I'm putting the soap box away on this issue. Hope I haven't gotten too whiny about it.
Glad you like the logo. As added encouragement to everyone, I did not create this logo, I just searched through all the logos provided in the game and found this.

Try a search on the first letter of your team city or team name and you might be surprised what you see. Also try variants of your team name.
revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:30 AM   #399
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

With that in mind, I'd like to suggest that everybody who has a mind to might post a little post mortem of their season and a look toward the future. It could be as simple as a survey of which players performed best, worst, which team had your number, who you beat up on, what awards your team won, your plans for improvement, who has reached the end of his rope, a BOTS, how your Our League season compared with your PT season, and so on.

if anyone wants to read along, you'll find my write-ups/post mortems/etc in my dynasty thread (link at the bottom of my sig)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
Glad you like the logo. As added encouragement to everyone, I did not create this logo, I just searched through all the logos provided in the game and found this.

Try a search on the first letter of your team city or team name and you might be surprised what you see. Also try variants of your team name.

and if you don't find anything in the ootp logo folder that jumps out, just do a search on the net... if you find something interesting there, you can use that to create your own logo... that's what I did with the Syrups... it's an actual logo used by a minor league team (for one game)... I just nabbed it and ran it through justafan's logo creator to make one for the game

(and to be an honorable logo thief, I bought a hat from that team with the logo on it to give them a little patronage)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:10 PM   #400
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

It's Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
if anyone wants to read along, you'll find my write-ups/post mortems/etc in my dynasty thread (link at the bottom of my sig)

and if you don't find anything in the ootp logo folder that jumps out, just do a search on the net... if you find something interesting there, you can use that to create your own logo... that's what I did with the Syrups... it's an actual logo used by a minor league team (for one game)... I just nabbed it and ran it through justafan's logo creator to make one for the game

(and to be an honorable logo thief, I bought a hat from that team with the logo on it to give them a little patronage)

Just finished reading your Waffletown thread, and it was terrific. Count me a regular subscriber from now on. I would implore you to carve out a little time to lend your obvious talent to the Our League thread.