Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Feature suggestions / Wish list

TBCB Feature suggestions / Wish list Discuss feature suggestions for Title Bout Professional Boxing here.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
mh2365
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (101)
TBCB 3 suggestion thread

I think it needs it's own thread!

Last edited by Lee; 05-20-2013 at 07:21 PM.
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
Scoman
All Star Starter

As stated by Andreas:

Title Bout Championship Boxing version 3 is already in development now! The plan is to release it in 2007. I'm currently giving it a complete overhaul to get a strong basis for the role playing mode, which will be added to the game in this upcoming version. Role playing mode means that you can play the game as a manager. Set up contracts with boxers, manage their training, schedule fights and either try to earn as much money as possible or try to win the championship in one or more divisions. Or try to achieve both.

So does this mean you will have control of the boxer in fights or will that be based on the trainer you hire?

How will Title fights be handled? Will we set how often we have them,or will the game determine that?

Last edited by Scoman; 06-08-2007 at 08:52 PM.
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Presumably the computer will run the rest of the universe while we're controlling our small corners of it. This actually sounds like quite a difficult job for the computer managers/promoters. I'll be very interested to see how the AI is implemented. The biggest difference between this and a game like football manager is that there is no schedule. Matching fighters up in a way that approximates real life will be a challenge, and doing it right is going to be important to the realism of the game.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #4
mh2365
Banned

Would like to see random out of the ring events effect your fighters also. There should be no area that is taboo either because we are dealing with boxers. HIV, Prison, Drugs, Deaths, Injuries .. all should be included.

Also if possible in this version or a later one, I'd like to see rivalries, sometimes spurned by and out of the ring experience also. Like Williams blowing up Margarito in Raspberries' training camp.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #5
JohntheHammerHeyes
Minors (Single A)

I would like to see media interaction. Giving quotes to reporters, getting asked questions by journalists. Maybe there could be an in game newspaper which could act as a central place for all the news, results, rankings and even rumours (Jones maybe in line to fight Smith, that kind of thing.)
JohntheHammerHeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:02 PM   #6
bear
Global Moderator

If a player is going to be able to act in the role of fight manager, how will the behavior of his rival fight managers be determined? Will there be generic managers where their personality traits can be fiddled with or will there be historical managers, or some combination thereof?

Bear

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:03 PM   #7
Ric915
All Star Starter

I'd like to see the game keep track of injuries so if a fighter cut takes longer to schedule his next bout as he needs to heal I also like the idea of a news section
Ric915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #8
mh2365
Banned

All good ideas .. keep them coming!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:41 AM   #9
JohntheHammerHeyes
Minors (Single A)

Would it be possible when starting out as a manager to have some kind of option just to manage fighters all from the same division, eg. all heavyweights? Or just fighters from the same country, eg. all Mexicans?
JohntheHammerHeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:12 AM   #10
mh2365
Banned

It will probably be up to the manager on who they sign. If when the game loads up you have the option of having a stable of fighters then I would imagine you would have some control over the stable.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:09 PM   #11
BigFiasco
Minors (Triple A)

re

+1 for a news section. that would add alot to the game.
BigFiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:42 AM   #12
withauthority
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I already posted this elsewhere but yeah, this game needs a career mode where you can "play promotor" It would take some thinking, such as how historical years and fighters and ages would play into it, but it would easily be worth it as the game would be SUPREME.
withauthority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #13
mh2365
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by withauthority View Post
I already posted this elsewhere but yeah, this game needs a career mode where you can "play promotor" It would take some thinking, such as how historical years and fighters and ages would play into it, but it would easily be worth it as the game would be SUPREME.
That would be the direction the next version of the game will take.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #14
Oneida
Minors (Triple A)

What about ability to play as just a fighter, to then evolve in to trainer, manager, promoter, as you age
Oneida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #15
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

After lots of thinking over the years about the RPG version of TBCB, I'd be happy just to have a way (without resorting to paper and pencil) to designate a group of fighters as being from my "gym" and "managed" by me, with a way for me to track their winnings (again, without having to write it down).

My ideal RPG version would also keep track of fatigue, and injuries as well. It would flag a fighter (not just my fighters, but all the fighters in my universe) who's been knocked out or had a severe cut, so he could be excluded from autoscheduled bouts. It would cause fighters to retire on their own (how is retirement handled now? I've never run a fictional uni long enough to find out).

I don't necessarily want to be a promoter and I really don't want to be a fighter either.

More ways to group and manage fighters and track their winnings would be great.
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:33 PM   #16
mh2365
Banned

In order to track winnings the $100 purse bug would finally need to be fix. I think that bug dates back to the board game.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:59 PM   #17
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

I wasn't aware that there's a $100 purse bug. Most of my time with the game consists of either auto-scheduling large numbers of bouts or running and watching one fight at a time.

The lack of any way to track earnings except with pencil and paper is one reason I don't do many fight cards. It seems kind of pointless to have the game tell you what the purse is but not give you a way to keep track of that. It keeps tracks your bankroll when you bet on fights, and IMHO should also keep track of "paydays" for fighters.

In the real world, fighters fight for titles and paydays, not always in that order.

I'm kind of ambivalent about the "being a promoter" aspect of the RPG because I'm kind of hazy on what, exactly, promoters do and why they are really needed.

I've never paid much attention to promoters, except to note that Don King is one and that he is really a...not-so-good person. Every time I see a picture of the guy I want to laugh and then throw up. Every thing about him irritates me.

Some members of my family knew Don King from the 'hood back in the day. My late grandmother's stories about him from way-back confirm all of the bad stories that have long been in the public domain.

When I think "promoter" I think "Don King." The idea of playing a promoter in TBCB is therefore less than appealing to me.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:04 PM   #18
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiasco View Post
+1 for a news section. that would add alot to the game.
I agree 100% with this suggestion. An automatically generated news section of the sort that exists in OOTP baseball would be great. Perhaps something that would also allow us to write articles. This would be nice for people who want to post articles about their universes here.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:28 PM   #19
mh2365
Banned

Every fighter in every venue in my universe makes $100 ... pretty sure it is tied to the dates as all my fights are currently in 1913.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:09 AM   #20
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
I wasn't aware that there's a $100 purse bug. Most of my time with the game consists of either auto-scheduling large numbers of bouts or running and watching one fight at a time.

The lack of any way to track earnings except with pencil and paper is one reason I don't do many fight cards. It seems kind of pointless to have the game tell you what the purse is but not give you a way to keep track of that. It keeps tracks your bankroll when you bet on fights, and IMHO should also keep track of "paydays" for fighters.

In the real world, fighters fight for titles and paydays, not always in that order.

I'm kind of ambivalent about the "being a promoter" aspect of the RPG because I'm kind of hazy on what, exactly, promoters do and why they are really needed.

I've never paid much attention to promoters, except to note that Don King is one and that he is really a...not-so-good person. Every time I see a picture of the guy I want to laugh and then throw up. Every thing about him irritates me.

Some members of my family knew Don King from the 'hood back in the day. My late grandmother's stories about him from way-back confirm all of the bad stories that have long been in the public domain.

When I think "promoter" I think "Don King." The idea of playing a promoter in TBCB is therefore less than appealing to me.
Promoters (like Tex Rickard, Playfair Brown, Mike Jacobs, Snowy Baker, Jack Solomon, etc.) match and sign the fighters, organize the funding to pay purses, arrange the venue, hype the card to help fill the seats with paying customers, etc.

Cap