Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-24-2020, 10:00 PM   #1
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Season 49 (2067) - Discussion Thread

My turn!

Huntley is in P422 this week with a lot of unfamiliar teams. Only 2 AC teams have even a single Perfect League medallion, the AC Central Seattle Mac (out to a slow start at 8-10) and the AC West Vracov Citizens (a slightly better 11-9 record thus far).

Over in the NC, the NC East is home to 3 teams with a PL medallion: the Los Angeles Dodgers (2 PL championships), the Diamond Street Strays (1 PL title and an early season sweep of Huntley!), and the Poughkeepsie Singles Club (again, 1 PL title). The lone NC West team with a PL title is the Bangkok Tuk Tuks, who are off to a fantastic 14-4 start.

So, Huntley's 8 PL titles stand out in this league. What doesn't stand out so far are the Red Raiders themselves: at 13-6, we are in first place in the NC Central, but with a worse record than the other 2 early early early season division leaders. Not surprisingly, two of the biggest culprits for the slow start are the two newcomers to the lineup: returning friend Arky Vaughan (a 28 OPS+ thus far...ugh), and new to the Red Raiders 100 SE Mike Schmidt, the 3B against lefties (a 53 OPS+, which is better than 28, and that's all that can be said about that). I know that players added to a team don't automatically stink up the joint at first, but man, it sure seems like it sometimes.

In any case, good luck to all this week!
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:41 AM   #2
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Oh sure, NOW I pull a perfect Babe Ruth.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:50 AM   #3
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Just posting to note that my Frogs are in the same division as the venerable San Angelo Warbirds this week in P488. Not sure if macacks is still checking on his team or not, but it'll be a bruising battle for division supremacy this week I'm sure. 18 PL titles between our two squads.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:37 PM   #4
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Been wanting to try Rickey for a while but finally sold Ichiro SBC and bought in the 99 SBC Henderson, on a 10 game win streak since acquiring him, feels good to have a real stolen base threat in the lineup

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:05 PM   #5
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Haven't seen one of these in a long time. My 95 Satchel Paige pulled off a no-hitter!

FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:15 PM   #6
Sipimi
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySkunk View Post
Haven't seen one of these in a long time. My 95 Satchel Paige pulled off a no-hitter!

That's the one with 30-something endurance, right ? If so, it's very impressive (117 pitches) !
Sipimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:57 PM   #7
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipimi View Post
That's the one with 30-something endurance, right ? If so, it's very impressive (117 pitches) !
Yup, 31 stamina on the card. I've used him exclusively as a starter anyway, though, as he can still pretty consistently give 80-90 pitches.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:53 PM   #8
daves
Hall Of Famer

This week’s theme for my 3 teams, Sometime you draw an easier league and sometimes you don’t!

P477: Incredibly competitive this week for the Doubledaysl Doubledays will most likely not be a #1 seed or even a division winner. Wildcard card is the most likely outcome. Here is the list of the 41 Perfect champions by division in the 477:
AC East:
Orlando Carlissians-8
AC Central:
DC Senators-5
AC West:
San Antonio Silver Sluggers-3
NC East:
Charlotte Mustags-5
Doubledays -7
NC Central:
Evergreen Forest Racoons-10
Austin Autobots-1
NC West:
Blue Farm Bombers-2

Doubledays clearly have a tough conference with Charlotte and Evergreen. Should be interesting who wins this league!

P450: The Woodpeckers can win their division or at least make the playoffs, but the competition is too good to win it all. Total of 32 prior Perfect Championships listed below. Only one prior Perfect champion in the American Conference and four in the National Conference.
AC East:
None
AC Central:
None
AC West:
Dallas Renegades-7
NC East:
WoodPeckers-1
Sunlight warriors-2
NC Central:
Fresno Losers-12
NC West:
Macungie Midgets-10

Dallas is predicted to play Fresno or Macungie in the series. But who knows, maybe the Hamtramck Tigers or Madeline Nicks will surprise in the AC?

P403: There are only 2 prior Perfect title winners in the P403 this week. Those prior champions are:
AC Central Yay Area Kitties-1
NC East Cape Coral Swamp Rats-1.

Owlz drew the AC East and should win the division. Kitties provide the greatest competition for the title.

How random is that? 41, 32 and 2 prior champions in three different perfect leagues.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:17 PM   #9
zagtastic
Minors (Rookie Ball)

zags are in p439, and it's a doozy. the AL has the 18x champion brooklyn cyclones, the 12x champion realmadrid el blanco, and the 5x champion anaheim mighty ducks.

over on the NL side are the 10x champion homestead grays, the 9x champions denver doggos, and (sharing a division with my zags) fellow 6x champion budapest red devils.

beyond those headliners, another 4 teams combined for 7 previous PL championships.

so, should be a competitive league.

so far zags vs budapest has a familiar feel as i've won 2 of 3 head-to-head, but he's 1.5 up in the standings due to more consistent play against the rest of the league.
zagtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 01:40 AM   #10
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Ken Griffey Jr scored 4 runs with no hits. Any one know what the real life record is for that?
Attached Images
Old 02-26-2020, 09:45 PM   #11
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Well you certainly don't see either of these things super often, let alone by the same team in the same game.

Old 02-26-2020, 11:44 PM   #12
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P422: An Odd But Mostly Good Season So Far

The Huntley Red Raiders are having a relatively odd 2067 so far. The boys are in first place with a 54-22 record, which is good enough for second in the NC and overall in P422 but also 6 games worse than their Pythag record of 60-16. A 7-11 record in 1-run games is a major culprit here, and there is plenty of blame to go around.

First up is Mariano Rivera, who, as his game log below shows, had a major role in 5 of those 1-run losses. Mo was removed from the closer's role after he fell to 0-5 with an unsightly 7.63 ERA--the first time that's happened in his illustrious Red Raiders career. He's done well in a setup role for Lee Smith in his 8 appearances since, but the Pythag damage was done.

The next contestants in the blame game are the offensive trio of Norm Cash, Arky Vaughan, and Yogi Berra. The third image below is the team's offensive performance versus righties, an area in which all 3 players should excel, but with OPS+'s of 101, 84, and 78, respectively, that has not been the case thus far.

Finally, some of the blame lies with the humble manager's mind-set. As one can see in the standings at the bottom, Huntley is doing just fine, so what's with all the negativity? Keep on keeping on, Red Raiders! Just, you know, also do better--don't let those Bangkok Tuk Tuks get too far ahead in the race for the #1 playoff seed!
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:55 PM   #13
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Just posting to note that my Frogs are in the same division as the venerable San Angelo Warbirds this week in P488. Not sure if macacks is still checking on his team or not, but it'll be a bruising battle for division supremacy this week I'm sure. 18 PL titles between our two squads.

Just getting back from holidays tomorrow. I have not been checking and have been letting the AI manage.
Will check in some time tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2020, 12:42 AM   #14
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Whale league this week; not quite as many whales as last month, but a good group anyways.
Attached Images

pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:55 AM   #15
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbucket View Post
Ken Griffey Jr scored 4 runs with no hits. Any one know what the real life record is for that?
WITH HITS it is 6 by many, 7 by one player pre-1900 so... Ken Griffey, Jr.?

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:34 AM   #16
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Was up 3-0 in the final on my way to winning my first daily tournament and proceeded to lose 4 in a row...

Anyway, White Tigers are sitting at 65-41, 8 games back in the division but safely in the wild card by 9.5 over the second placed team, and 11 over the first team out. Now that Ruth has enough at bats to qualify he's leading the conference in OPS. Despite not joining until 30 games into the season he's sitting in 6th in the conference in WAR and tied for 4th in home runs, maybe I'll have a chance to win an MVP with a player who didn't join until May. Feller is only a relatively unlucky 12-8 but he has a sub-3 ERA and is first in Ks and third in WAR and leads the conference with a .205 opponents' batting average.

Sold a few historical diamonds that I wasn't using in my diamond tournament roster and ended up pulling a 97 Walter Johnson, 98 Campanella and a 97 A-Rod. Johnson had one crappy game so far but he's 5-1 in 6 starts. Wouldn't say my starting pitching is elite now but I'm doing a lot better than I was a few seasons ago when I still had Verlander going as my #5. Now I've got 100 Feller, 97 Johnson, 95 Maddux, 94 Plank, and DeGrom, with a 96 Gibson as my long reliever. Best bullpen ERA in the conference though, which was always a strength with perfect Gagne-Gossage-Eck to close things out for me.

Golden Lions started off well after their second straight promotion but cooled off a bit, they're on a 1-6 run at 54-51 and 2 games back in the division. Not as good for the Black Panthers in their first season in Perfect, at 45-61, bad but not bad enough to be close to relegation. My hitting is pretty decent; my pitching (outside of my 96 Ford) is awful.

Last edited by Warhawk; 02-28-2020 at 02:41 AM.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:38 AM   #17
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbucket View Post

Per BR, at least since 1904, there's like 20 players with 4, and two players tied with 5.

Max Carey for the Pirates in a 12-2 win over the Phillies in 1913; he also had 4 stolen bases. 4 walks; no game log but the Phillies had 4 errors so that probably explains the 5th run.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...91307250.shtml

And Joe Morgan for the Reds in an 11-5 win over the Giants in 1977. His first 3 were from walks, then a fielder's choice that then turned into an error allowing him to get to second, then an error.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...97706300.shtml
Old 02-28-2020, 11:13 AM   #18
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
Per BR, at least since 1904, there's like 20 players with 4, and two players tied with 5.

Max Carey for the Pirates in a 12-2 win over the Phillies in 1913; he also had 4 stolen bases. 4 walks; no game log but the Phillies had 4 errors so that probably explains the 5th run.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...91307250.shtml

And Joe Morgan for the Reds in an 11-5 win over the Giants in 1977. His first 3 were from walks, then a fielder's choice that then turned into an error allowing him to get to second, then an error.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...97706300.shtml
Morgan was a madman once he was on. Hoppin' mad.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:18 AM   #19
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Not a bad pack I just opened.
Attached Images

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:18 PM   #20
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post

The Frogs are in trouble now. Fresh of a scouting trip to the Caribbean the Warbirds (now, under old management) are on a 13 game winning streak!!! Coincidence you say?

Oh Wait...the Frogs are on a 14 game wining streak. Game on!

PS: It was a nice surprise to see SE Buster Posey on the inactive roster when we logged back in. Apparently we won him in a tourney a couple of weeks ago.