Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM Mods

FHM Mods This is the place to check for mods for both FHM10 and previous versions.

Old 01-21-2020, 02:32 AM   #1
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

Daximus' Fictional Canadian Hockeyverse

Hey guys. Over the last few years of FHM, I have been constructing many fictional universes. As of FHM6, thanks to the developers, I can now see more and more of those fictional universes come to life. It still has a long way to go before all of it is realized but it's getting closer. This thread will be focused on my all-Canadian hockeyverse. Where every single team is Canadian based.

Disclaimer: I am not a logo designer, so many of my logos have been taken from elsewhere on the internet. I have tried to credit the creators where I can but if I credit the wrong person or can't remember where I got the logo from please let me know so I can give credit where it is due.

Anyways without further ado I will introduce the leagues and teams one at a time until I get them all out there. First off is the top level professional league, you guessed it. The Canadian Hockey League (CHL)
DaximusPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:33 AM   #2
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

Chl- CHA

First off the logos for the CHL.I basically just took the Hockey Canada logo and removed the puck and wording to make a nice and frankly very obvious logo for an all Canadian League. There is also a grey/white/black version I used for the collars on the leagues jerseys.

The CHL was created through an amalgamation of 4 separate leagues which came together to form two conferences with two divisions each. The league decided that they would eventually try to expand to have at least one team in every province in the nation. If people want more history on the league I can go all the way back to the beginning in 1920 but I'll only be posting the modern day stuff I have for now.

As I go along and introduce teams I'll update the league info below.

Western Conference
BCHL

Burnaby Bruins

WHL
Calgary Flames
Edmonton Oilers

Eastern Conference
OHL

EHL
Charlottetown Islanders

Last edited by DaximusPrimus; 01-21-2020 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:33 AM   #3
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

Junior Leagues

Place holder post for Junior level leagues and teams.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:54 AM   #4
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

Burnaby Bruins

Since I'll be going in alphabetical order. The very first team is the Burnaby Bruins.

Team Name: Burnaby Bruins
Conference: Western Conference
Division: BCHL
Founded: 1924
Owner: EA Sports
Arena: EA Sports Arena - 14,245

The Burnaby Bruins were one of the first expansion teams to the CHL. Founded in 1924 (yeah the same year as the real word Boston Bruins), originally owned by a Burnaby mill owner, the team changed hands a number of times before being bought by Electronic Arts in 1999 to help promote their brand and becoming the first sports franchise owned by a video game developer. EA also built them a brand new arena in 2001, located right near the EA Vancouver campus. They have a fanatical fan base that regularly sells out home games.

Primary Logo

This logo was borrowed from user "JJ Anderes" concept thread Redefining the NHL on Sportslogos.net.

Secondary Logo

This logo is the Chilliwack Bruins secondary logo with some color alterations.

Home Jersey

The jersey is a slight tweak on the Boston Bruins current jerseys.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:15 AM   #5
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

Calgary Flames

Next up is the Calgary Flames. Don't fix names if they aren't broken. Of course I decided to change up the look a little bit.

Team Name: Calgary Flames
Division: WHL
Founded: 1920
Owner: Calgary Sports and Entertainment
Arena: Scotiabank Saddledome - 19,289

The Flames were originally founded as the Calgary Tigers during the inception of the CHL in 1920, making them one of the original 16 founding teams. Though due to some naming discrepancies they changed their name in 1925 to the Calgary Flames, named after the Great Calgary Fire of 1886.

Primary Logo

This logo was borrowed from user "sparky chewbarky" from their thread Re-designed Calgary Flames "Flaming C' logo on sportslogos.net

Secondary Logo

This logo is the infamous flaming horse head logo with some slight color tweaks to match the primary a bit better.

Home Jersey

This jersey is a slight tweak on Calgary's current jerseys.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:35 AM   #6
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

Charlottetown Islanders

Next up is first Eastern Conference team, the Charlottetown Islanders. Name taken from the current QMJHL team with some tweaks.

Team Name: Charlottetown Islanders
Conference: Eastern Conference
Division: EHL
Founded: 2017
Owner: Charlottetown Islanders Group
Arena: Eastlink Centre - 6,890

The Islanders are the newest team to join the CHL, completing the leagues goal of having a team in every province in the country. Owned by a group of local investors they renovated the Eastlink Centre to provide more seating. Although it is the lowest capacity arena in the league, Islanders fans have been selling out the arena for the past few seasons.

Primary Logo

The much "beloved" fisherman logo becomes the primary for the PEI team. With some slight color tweaks to the original.

Secondary Logo

The current QMJHL teams primary logo gets a bit of a color tweak to become the Isles secondary logo.

Home Jersey

The Isles '95 road jerseys with some tweaks.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:56 AM   #7
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

Edmonton Oilers

Next up, going back to the WHL, is the Edmonton Oilers. Another case of if it isn't broken, don't rename it.

Team Name: Edmonton Oilers
Division: WHL
Founded: 1911
Owner: Oilers Entertainment Group
Arena: Rogers Place - 18,347

The Oilers were one of the original 16 teams joining the CHL at it's inception in 1920. Originally founded as the Edmonton Eskimos, the team changed it's name to the Edmonton Oilers in 1947, after the major crude oil discovery at drill site Leduc #1 just south of the city.

Primary

This logo is from the Oilers 2019 3rds. I darkened it up because the dark blue just looks so awesome with that orange.

Secondary
The Oilers currently don't have a secondary logo.

Home Jersey

The Oilers current 2019 3rd with a darker blue and bigger front logo. Still making tweaks to this one.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:41 AM   #8
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

Fraser Valley Aeros

Heading back to the BCHL we meet the Fraser Valley Aeros.

Team Name: Fraser Valley Aeros
Division: BCHL
Founded: 2009
Owner: Aeros Sports and Entertainment
Arena: BC Hydro Center - 14,151

The Aeros made their debut in the CHL in 2009 named after the cities growing aerospace industry. They play their home games at the newly built BC Hydro Center.

Primary Logo

The Houston Aeros AHL team logo with the Houston wordmark removed.

Secondary Logo

An Aeros alternate logo I found some time ago. I cannot remember where I found it so if anyone knows please let me know so I can credit them.

Home Jersey

A fairly original design that is still in development.