Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-26-2018, 04:58 PM   #1
DrRicherdKimble
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
How Do I Export Since "No Pages" Is BROKEN

I have to assume people like to get the entire FA pool into a spreadsheet. Problem is the game doesn't listen to the "no page" option when the pool of players is > some very large number. Even if you then filter down from said large number, it will not go back to one full list. You do this so you can write the report to disk, copy, and paste in excel and manipulate data to your liking.

Am I missing another way to get all the info out of the game?
DrRicherdKimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:16 PM   #2
stiffy
Minors (Single A)

One workaround I've found is to put the entire pool into a shortlist. Sometimes you still have to break it up into multiple shortlists, but I much prefer than than the hundreds of pages.
stiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:30 PM   #3
Cobby
Minors (Triple A)

I would *so* love for this to be addressed.

For some reason that "large number" is now 4096 in OOTP19. In OOTP18 it was 8192. No idea what motivated that change, but 8192 was much easier to live with (although it would be better not to have a limit at all)

I have a 16-team league. If I include minor-leaguers I'm usually somewhere around 4096 players. As a work-around, if I'm just a few players over the limit (say 1-40 or so), I've been going into commissioner mode, sorting by age and then force-retiring the oldest minor-leaguers with 20-20 overall-potential until I'm under the limit.

Sometimes though I'm 200-300 players over the limit (usually just after the draft). In that case my work-around is to uncheck "include minor leaguers" then go league-by-league (majors, AAA, AA etc) for the export. Inconvenient, but doable.

Eventually, if this isn't fixed, I'll have to bite the bullet and do the work necessary to get what I need via the data export, but I'm still hoping I won't have to do this.
Cobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:35 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobby View Post
For some reason that "large number" is now 4096 in OOTP19. In OOTP18 it was 8192. No idea what motivated that change, but 8192 was much easier to live with (although it would be better not to have a limit at all)
The change was to get rid of complaints from users with slower systems, 8192 made those screens unplayably slow for them.

Having said that, we will fix the report output when the page selector is displayed instead of scrollbars.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:00 PM   #5
Cobby
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post

Having said that, we will fix the report output when the page selector is displayed instead of scrollbars.
Yay! I really appreciate all the work you and your team do and how responsive you are to all of us (sometimes cantankerous) users.
Cobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:45 PM   #6
jarmenia
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The change was to get rid of complaints from users with slower systems, 8192 made those screens unplayably slow for them.

Perhaps a new option, export to csv?

jarmenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:46 PM   #7
jarmenia
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Any timeline on this?

jarmenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:07 PM   #8
DrRicherdKimble
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
This still isn't fixed yet??
DrRicherdKimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:09 AM   #9
kq76
Global Moderator

Is this editable in app.cfg or some other file? If not, can we make it so in a future version?
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote