Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-05-2019, 12:10 AM   #801
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Latest Hrabosky went unsold for 150K.

Maybe, just maybe some of these sellers will start to get the idea to lower the prices?

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:42 AM   #802
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I guess the current system is working as intended then. It makes me think about how I want to play next year's game. It won't be this way to be sure.
Yea, I've given that same subject a fair amount of thought myself.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:03 AM   #803
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I get that there were a lot of unknown factors when the first collections came out. Expecting them to be perfect was unreasonable.

What's most concerning is that it's now been documented for months how easy they are to abuse, but instead of making efforts to help they go the other way and make bottlenecks even worse with two mandatory diamonds in the Tigers collection. Just a huge middle finger to the player base who has stuck with the game the entire season.

I don't like playing a game half-assed. If I'm committing to it then I'm going to try to maximize the value from it. I hate the feeling of "missing out," if I need to keep the game up the entire evening refreshing every ten seconds while watching TV or playing on the other monitor then I'm going to do it. The alternative is not playing at all. I only play Ultimate Team every other year because I end up investing so much into it and it looks like PT is going the same path. Not to mention the overall structure of the leagues and promotion and rewards is fundamentally flawed as well but that's been talked about to death in other places, we will see what gets changed.

Last edited by dkgo; 11-05-2019 at 08:05 AM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 11:13 AM   #804
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I completed the Cardinals missions this morning. It took six days to collect the first 85 cards and three more to decide that I was tired of looking at the auction house every hour. I started this mission set because I am a Cardinals fan and I wanted a lot of the cards. I especially wanted Ozzie and SE Harry Brecheen, but I also wanted other reward cards like the SE Hernandez, SE Lanier, SE Carpenter, and even SE Boyer. I didn't do it for profit although I had hoped that I would get "Ozzie and Harry" at a bargain price. The final battle for Hrabosky/Gibson made me realize that was not going to happen and, frankly, made me decide that I am done with missions.

I paid 120K for Hrabosky, which is a ridiculous price. As my mother used to say, I have more money than sense. Yes, I have heard all of the arguments... I was really buying Ozzie and he is worth the price that I paid in total for the 86 cards. I get that but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Hrabosky finally dropped below 150K this morning so I just held my nose and clicked BIN to put an end to my misery. I knew if I didn't do it someone else would, and then I would spend another week (or more) refreshing the AH. I felt dirty paying such a stupid price, and I don't intend to do it again... which means I am done with missions unless the system changes in the future. I might go "f2p pack only" next year to see how the other 99% lives, skipping missions entirely unless they complete themselves. But I digress...

I spent 530K on the collection, including points spent for cards that I already had (McCarver, Molina, Wainwright, Dayley). I also bought some diamond cards that I especially wanted over cheaper alternatives (Rolen, 96 Cooper, 96 Hornsby, Schoendienst). I am sure that it could have been completed under 500K with careful shopping and more patience. It could have easily been completed for less than 400K if the reward cards were sold (I only sold the gold ones).

In summary, I spent a lot of points for a lot of cards, and I probably got my money's worth because I wanted to collect many of the expensive cards anyway. If I sold everything that wasn't locked, I would have made a profit but not enough to be worth the irritation and time spent IMO. I am happy to own Ozzie, and I am also happy to be done with this part of the game.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 11:19 AM   #805
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

grrrr. I saw the 120K Hrabosky and was hoping it would sit unsold forever

Aside from the gibson/hrabosky the cardinals mission really isnt that bad. You need one of the mid level Deans or Hornsby for about 35K but those were already somewhat pricy decent cards. The rest of the diamonds seem around 15-20K which is what always happens when they are in a good collection and are usually pretty available.

Just a lot of cards required. 72 Smith is probably the second toughest to find.

Last edited by dkgo; 11-05-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:49 AM   #806
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
grrrr. I saw the 120K Hrabosky and was hoping it would sit unsold forever
Yeah, it should have. I would have felt ok paying 80K, but I figured it would be a long time getting there and I didn't want to have the same regrets as bailey (waiting for Freehan).
Old 11-05-2019, 02:34 PM   #807
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I completed the Cardinals missions this morning. It took six days to collect the first 85 cards and three more to decide that I was tired of looking at the auction house every hour. I started this mission set because I am a Cardinals fan and I wanted a lot of the cards. I especially wanted Ozzie and SE Harry Brecheen, but I also wanted other reward cards like the SE Hernandez, SE Lanier, SE Carpenter, and even SE Boyer. I didn't do it for profit although I had hoped that I would get "Ozzie and Harry" at a bargain price. The final battle for Hrabosky/Gibson made me realize that was not going to happen and, frankly, made me decide that I am done with missions.

I paid 120K for Hrabosky, which is a ridiculous price. As my mother used to say, I have more money than sense. Yes, I have heard all of the arguments... I was really buying Ozzie and he is worth the price that I paid in total for the 86 cards. I get that but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Hrabosky finally dropped below 150K this morning so I just held my nose and clicked BIN to put an end to my misery. I knew if I didn't do it someone else would, and then I would spend another week (or more) refreshing the AH. I felt dirty paying such a stupid price, and I don't intend to do it again... which means I am done with missions unless the system changes in the future. I might go "f2p pack only" next year to see how the other 99% lives, skipping missions entirely unless they complete themselves. But I digress...

I spent 530K on the collection, including points spent for cards that I already had (McCarver, Molina, Wainwright, Dayley). I also bought some diamond cards that I especially wanted over cheaper alternatives (Rolen, 96 Cooper, 96 Hornsby, Schoendienst). I am sure that it could have been completed under 500K with careful shopping and more patience. It could have easily been completed for less than 400K if the reward cards were sold (I only sold the gold ones).

In summary, I spent a lot of points for a lot of cards, and I probably got my money's worth because I wanted to collect many of the expensive cards anyway. If I sold everything that wasn't locked, I would have made a profit but not enough to be worth the irritation and time spent IMO. I am happy to own Ozzie, and I am also happy to be done with this part of the game.
My question long term is how viable is this for OOTP in the next few years? With each release of OOTP we get a brand new PT and how many people are going to be willing to shell out $500 to $1,000 or more on virtual baseball cards?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2019, 02:44 PM   #808
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgjocki View Post
My question long term is how viable is this for OOTP in the next few years? With each release of OOTP we get a brand new PT and how many people are going to be willing to shell out $500 to $1,000 or more on virtual baseball cards?
I think tournaments could be a first step to more. Custom leagues spring to mind.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:19 PM   #809
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
72 Smith is probably the second toughest to find.
This is why I believe missions, as currently constituted, are flawed. A low silver, even one as useful as Ozzie, should not be a limiting factor. His absence doesn't make the mission difficult, just annoying.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:42 PM   #810
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
This is why I believe missions, as currently constituted, are flawed. A low silver, even one as useful as Ozzie, should not be a limiting factor. His absence doesn't make the mission difficult, just annoying.
70 OVR Rickey Henderson would like to have a word...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:49 PM   #811
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Ha you thought it was actually a useful card. The 72 is Lonnie Smith. I guess he's in another mission too
Old 11-05-2019, 07:54 PM   #812
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The market has been pretty stubborn on the Ozzie Smith missions. On both sides.

So, Orcin paid 120K for the final card but that's not unheard of. It seems 120-130K has been shelled out a couple of times now. But the demand drops off a cliff above that price point. The seller(s) stubbornly haven't wanted to drop below 140-150K for some reason. Most cards are going unsold at this price. Makes me think the 'bottleneckers' are just sort of bad at pricing. Or exceptionally greedy over 10-20K PP.

It's been quite the standoff and I'm willing to keep waiting. I'm all in for 142K PP on the Cardinals' 10-pack so far accounting for the SE cards that I've already sold. Still need to get Hrabosky or 97 Gibson and also still have a handful of SE Cardinals to sell off. Will probably end up completing this one for about 200K.

A 97 Gibson has appeared for 139/140K if anyone is interested. I'm also thinking that because no more than 1 card is appearing at a time, this whole thing is probably being bottlenecked by just one person.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 11-05-2019 at 07:56 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:02 PM   #813
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
70 OVR Rickey Henderson would like to have a word...
There's one on the AH right now for another hour or so. Current bid is 11k with a 16k BIN

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:06 PM   #814
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Ha you thought it was actually a useful card. The 72 is Lonnie Smith. I guess he's in another mission too
Even worse then, since the card's only utility now is mission related. My bad for forgetting that Smith is a surprisingly common surname and assuming you meant Ozzie

My still contend my point remains valid, whether its Ozzie, Lonnie, Rickey, or anyone else with a Silver card, their presence or absence is independent of their difficulty.

Speed bumps make a road slower and more annoying to navigate, not more difficult.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:12 PM   #815
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchthedamnball View Post
There's one on the AH right now for another hour or so. Current bid is 11k with a 16k BIN
And that current bid is 2K+ under 7-day average...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:25 AM   #816
Spieler
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
The market has been pretty stubborn on the Ozzie Smith missions. On both sides.

So, Orcin paid 120K for the final card but that's not unheard of. It seems 120-130K has been shelled out a couple of times now. But the demand drops off a cliff above that price point. The seller(s) stubbornly haven't wanted to drop below 140-150K for some reason. Most cards are going unsold at this price. Makes me think the 'bottleneckers' are just sort of bad at pricing. Or exceptionally greedy over 10-20K PP.

It's been quite the standoff and I'm willing to keep waiting. I'm all in for 142K PP on the Cardinals' 10-pack so far accounting for the SE cards that I've already sold. Still need to get Hrabosky or 97 Gibson and also still have a handful of SE Cardinals to sell off. Will probably end up completing this one for about 200K.

A 97 Gibson has appeared for 139/140K if anyone is interested. I'm also thinking that because no more than 1 card is appearing at a time, this whole thing is probably being bottlenecked by just one person.
No, there were two Gibson cards. I put one up for 149k/179k just to see what would happen. Shortly after, the 139k/140k card appeared (BTW thanks…).

So I cancelled mine and put it back up for 124k/129k. It sold in minutes.

There is a price point for these final collection cards. I have paid up to finish a collection myself. I do not see anyone getting 100 Ozzie (or any of the other end game cards) today for under 100-200k unless you are extremely lucky and/or patient. I imagine it will get only worse as the offseason continues.

And yes, while the sellers seem to be exceptionally greedy over 10k, the buyers seem to be extremely cheap over the same 10k. A virtual line in the sand, I guess.
Spieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:02 AM   #817
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgjocki View Post

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
This model has worked on a much larger scale for other online sports-game modes. Less people play OOTP, but if the model works for FIFA, there's no reason people won't drop $1,000+ year after year on OOTP either.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:15 AM   #818
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

For some people, $1,000 is a ton of money and it would be prohibitive to spend as much on a silly electric baseball card game.

Some people can spend $1,000 on a bottle o' booze without feeling a pinch. Dropping one grand or five on PT is no harm to them, and if that is the bill that gets them all the Yankee Greats of history on Day 1 every year, so be it.

And as much as 90% of players don't want to hear it, group #2 is all that matters for a developer from a financial point of view; that 1% that spends a small fortune, and more than say the bottom 80% of players combined.

Disclaimer: I am somewhere in between here

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.

Last edited by Westheim; 11-06-2019 at 08:16 AM.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:32 PM   #819
UDRays
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just sold a Bob Gibson for 69k on the auction house. It sold rather quickly, obviously. Wasn't feeling greedy, hope one of you that needed it got it!

Of course I had just bought it seconds earlier for 32k. So... they are out there.
UDRays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:41 PM   #820
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDRays View Post
I just sold a Bob Gibson for 69k on the auction house. It sold rather quickly, obviously. Wasn't feeling greedy, hope one of you that needed it got it!

Of course I had just bought it seconds earlier for 32k. So... they are out there.
Somebody listed it at the last 7 average because they didn't know any better. If you weren't feeling greedy, you would have left it alone rather than making 30K off it.