Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-04-2019, 09:05 PM   #21
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

By the way - sick of looking at Colorado Lions and Jersey Revolutionize all the time, I took the Redlegs off of "Stay Put" - and immediately got randomed into a league, and division, with the Huntley Red Raiders!

At least we've beaten 'em twice. Lost to them four times, but we've beaten them twice. We're in second place in the division, at - you guessed it - .500 ball. Huntley is first, of course.

Did I mention we've beaten them twice so far?

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:49 AM   #22
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs find themselves in P457 this week. We've tinkered a little bit with ballpark factors after finding 100 Barry Bonds in a pack. But, the only other newcomers to the roster are SE David Wright (he's learning to play 1B) and old chum Garry Maddox to provide some OF depth.

P457 is not quite the gauntlet that P442 was last week. Teams with PL titles to their name in P457: San Dimas Wyld Stallyns (3, plus gratuitous use of the letter 'y'), Interstate 80 Defenders (3), St George Slammers (1), IB Breakers (3), and La Crosse Fighting Frogs (3). So, only 13 titles altogether. No super whales.

There are also some of "those teams" that are very solid and win 100+ games each season, but for whatever reason haven't bagged a medallion yet. The Bel Air Barleys have won 100+ games in each of the previous 4 seasons, but no titles. The Yokohama Mean Green have 9 division titles (and King Kelly leading off), but no titles. The Las Vegas Knighthawks are in a similar boat (but no King Kelly). The St. Louis River Raiders are a whale's secondary team judging by the "Sabastus2" manager name. Established in 2036 and no PL titles yet, but a host of high-tier whale cards and a .717 winning PCT.

The Fort Lee Christies require special mention. This team is full-blown whale and has a 3455-1752 lifetime record (.664). Has been in Perfect since 2023 and has seventeen 110+ win seasons. But, shockingly no PL titles yet. This week could be their chance...

Even though the league as a whole is not fear-inspiring, the Frogs have one of the tougher divisional placements in the NC West. That's because we're sharing the division with the 3-time PL champ IB Breakers and the whale-ish St. Louis River Raiders. This should be a spirited 3-way race all week long, and the 3rd place finisher might not make the playoffs at all because the St George Slammers look to be a strong wild card contender in a much weaker NC East.

The tanker in P457 (there's always one, right?) is the Subterranean Homesick Aliens. When I moused over their name, I noticed 3 Silver titles and 2 Bronze ones which is certainly odd. A cursory look at the roster reveals, yep, it's a tanker. Rolling with an all-bronze roster save for silver Bobby Jenks and gold J.T. Realmuto. With Ed Walsh, Luke Appling, Doc Gooden, another dozen diamonds, and another 50 golds looking on from the inactive roster. Reported!
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:58 AM   #23
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Tough league this week. Some familiar faces too. I see the Portland Raccoons in the other conference, for example (hey fellow Raccoons!). But I also see the Ann Arbor Space Cadets (Oh no, not those guys again!), the Texas Texans, the Penticton Bobcats, Bayou WhoDats, Brooklyn Dodgers and Pawtucket Poets, all of whom have a higher WPct than the Raccoons (.669 WPct). On the plus side, none of them are in our division. And thankfully, the Bronx Bombers aren't the 19 championship, .809 Career WPct Bronx Bombers.

5 of us have 7 perfect titles (Raccoons, WhoDats, Bobcats, Dodgers, Space Cadets) and 2 more have 5 perfect titles (Poets and Texans - the Texans would probably have more if they hadn't played in a whale league).
That NC West is downright stoopid. Ann Arbor, Brooklyn, and Texas all in the same division. LOL

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 11-05-2019 at 01:01 AM.
Old 11-05-2019, 01:15 AM   #24
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
By the way - sick of looking at Colorado Lions and Jersey Revolutionize all the time, I took the Redlegs off of "Stay Put" - and immediately got randomed into a league, and division, with the Huntley Red Raiders!

At least we've beaten 'em twice. Lost to them four times, but we've beaten them twice. We're in second place in the division, at - you guessed it - .500 ball. Huntley is first, of course.

Did I mention we've beaten them twice so far?
Wait, so, how many times have you beaten us so far?

Huntley and the Redlegs are in the NC East in P440. The Red Raiders got off to a slow start, dropping 3 of their first 4 games of the season to a familiar face, the NC Central's Excelsior Dodgers, and--as you may have heard--the aforementioned Redlegs, before going on a nice roll to close out April at 18-7. Huntley has matched wits with the Excelsior Dodgers on several occasions in PT 2.0; it is incredibly hard to believe that they have not yet won a Perfect League championship, as they are a very strong team.

It's going to be interesting to see which teams emerge as the pennant races heat up this week, as the only team other than Huntley with a Perfect League title to their name in P440 is the AC Central's Amberg Legends, a perpetually strong team with 3 Perfect titles, most recently in 2048.

Current standings follow...
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:08 AM   #25
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Corsairs are back up to Perfect and hoping they give a better showing than last time they were there. They'll probably get rolled like a 3 A.M. passed out drunk on the A train though LOL.
Those poor Reavers, been stuck in Silver forever now and two of the three teams I started 7 weeks ago have passed them into Gold leagues. Only luck the Reavers have is bad luck...

Last edited by Will_L; 11-05-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:38 AM   #26
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Hi.

Tired of the limited dexterity that my best players possess, the Flyers are starting 2051 with almost all switch-hitters. So far, so good.
The switch-hitters are off to a 21-5 start in P434. Lots of hits & speed...& hitting from the right (and/or left) side of the plate. Not many home runs but did not need them. Pitching staff had a great first month while the lineup sprinkled singles, doubles & a few triples and homers. Better month than I imagined they were (likely) capable of.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:47 AM   #27
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

The Xenomorphs are treading water in a what could be a whale-free Perfect League, P148! The best team after a month of games has a record of 18-8, a winning percentage of .692. We are 13-13 but Johan Santana is 5-0 in 6 starts and he's leading the league in ERA at 1.29. Closer Joe Nathan is on pace for 56 saves and hasn't allowed a run in 10.2 innings over 11 games.

Mision Leyendas Juniors and the Boys has been rebranded as Mision Futuros Sensaciones and I don't even speak Spanish. Rookie Sensations Francisco Liriano and and Smoky Joe Wood have joined the team. We're in P.456 sitting at 13-15 in P.456, a league with several mini-whales and one mega-whale, the Washington Explorers who have 9 PL titles. Yeah, we're in their division and 10 1/2 back.

Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:05 AM   #28
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Hey Bailey - did you put any money on the Melbourne Cup today? I did - on Vow and Declare at 12-1! That money is going straight into the kitty I'm building up to buy Perfect Points for PT21...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 11-05-2019, 11:41 AM   #29
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

So far this season is going great in all 3 of my leagues, well over .500 in each. No super tough opponents in any of them, so theres a legit chance of a good postseason run in all 3, which would be a miracle.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:09 PM   #30
dbqs
Major Leagues

Just noticed this serendipity from P.452 2049 - the Youngin Everlands, Madison Billys and the Brooklyn Deckers combined for a "YOU MAD BRO" kinda year.

dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:19 PM   #31
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Finally, there's the Redlegs. They have officially entered the dreaded Perfect League doldrums - strong enough to stay up, not so strong to regularly challenge for a playoff position (except for that one glorious year), and just bobbing along at or below .500 each season. Something needs to be done, and I have 43,000-odd PP. So I'm opening packs. Unfortunately, funds are a bit tight here at BigRed Manor so I'm not able to fly Westheim out here from Germany to open these pack for me, which is what I really need. But hopefully I'll get something good. Like Historical Perfect good. I haven't pulled a perfect card in a while.
Opened up the first two packs before I went to work. Highlights of the packs were Jack and Squat. 11 bronze and iron and one Live Nick Senzel. Put the first 11 up for auction and kept the Senzel.

Sold Joe Jimenez for 158 profit, Cameron Maybin and Allie Clark for 31 each, and a couple of the Live irons for 7 or 8 points. Ended up auto-selling the rest for another 90 points.

I don't even know why I kept the Senzel. Maybe I think I'll need him someday when I fall back down into Bronze? I don't even need him to complete the Reds Live mission because I went ahead and bought Pete Donohue anyway.

I really need Westheim to open up the rest of these packs.

SPTT team

Old 11-05-2019, 01:27 PM   #32
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

No packs to open for myself at this time; just before I could turn my funds into 48 packs and another seven historical diamonds/perfects, I instead bought (99) Carlton Fisk for the Critters, who needed an improvement at catcher.

When I checked this morning, all my teams were just over .500 … will report on details later. For now, the real Raccoons demand attention.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.

Last edited by Westheim; 11-05-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:42 PM   #33
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

I opened another five packs, because I am weak.

I got buyer's remorse opening the first pack and that feeling did not abate.

Again, just one Live silver card. Max Kepler.

I have put all the cards up on the block except for the Bill Terry. But he's a bronze and there's no real profit in historical bronzes.

At least the Redlegs have pulled back to the .500 mark

SPTT team

Old 11-05-2019, 03:39 PM   #34
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

The Little League Champs got off to an absolutely awful 12-20 start this season as the offense and the pitching have both underperformed massively out of the gate. We were in May and there were 4 players who had more home runs than my entire team.

Made a couple changes. Picked up Rookie Ichiro to play RF for me, as the 88 Clemente I was using just wasn't cutting it anymore. Also decided to run bronze Bill Madlock as a stopgap DH vs. RHP while I re-build funds and shift a couple pieces around. For 50 PP, the card should put up some good numbers still with these ratings:

Started a nice little 3 game winning streak after the changes, but we're still dead last in the conference in OPS, wOBA, and HR, and 13th in runs scored.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 06:47 PM   #35
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Seems like all my teams are either half a game ahead or half a game behind in their divisions. Which is a genuine surprise in some cases…!

The Raccoons are only just barely over .500 in a weak division, but it seems like they have a +42 run differential and might actually be able to set some things on fire down the road. Or it's all a sham again...

Old 11-05-2019, 08:41 PM   #36
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

The Quendas hit a bit of a skid, and now find themselves looking up at the Vercelli Celts instead of on top of the division. The 26-19 record sees them 2 1/2 games out.

The #3 spot in the rotation continues to be a concern, as we are now working on our third pitcher in this spot this season. Luis Patino, after some stellar bullpen work (1-0, 0.76 ERA in 23.2 innings) gets the nod as Sixto Sanchez goes back to the bullpen. And Austin Riley in two years has gone from starting 3B to backup 3B to minor league 3B. Hitting below the Mendoza line, he's been replaced by Ke'Bryan Hayes, who gets his first taste of action as a Quenda.

In the DMV, the Beltways are battling back! After a horrendous 4-12 start, the team is actually playing .500 ball, running their record up to 17-25. Still in last place, but now out of the relegation zone (by 1/2 game, but still). The overall trend is encouraging. The bullpen is keeping us afloat and the bats are starting to wake up. 60% of the rotation was overhauled - the new guys might be playing replacement-level ball but that's still better than the negative-WAR turned in by the previous players.

And the good ol' Redlegs are plugging along, still at .500, which is where they were the last time I posted. In P440, where all the dominant teams are conveniently placed in separate divisions, that's good enough for a WC spot. I have managed to sell off some of the more "valuable" (read: 30-85 PP) cards from those five packs I opened eight hours ago. That, along with the points associated with a 20-3 drubbing, put me back above 1,000 PP. I decided to buy yet another pack, because I am a masochist.

SPTT team

Old 11-05-2019, 11:07 PM   #37
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Wow, I'm in a league with a mega-whale and a mega-tanker.

Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 11:45 PM   #38
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
The switch-hitters are off to a 21-5 start in P434. Lots of hits & speed...& hitting from the right (and/or left) side of the plate. Not many home runs but did not need them. Pitching staff had a great first month while the lineup sprinkled singles, doubles & a few triples and homers. Better month than I imagined they were (likely) capable of.
Tacked on 13 wins in 22 games today, struggling at the plate rather mightily...(after a very good month yesterday)..., so we sit at 34-14. I'd guess "the truth" is somewhere in between yesterday's show & today's 60%...See ya tomorrow.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:46 AM   #39
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs ended the night on a high note with a 7-4 win over division rival IB Breakers.

That nightcap of a win came on the heels of a disappointing 4-game losing streak, including two 1-run losses and one 2-run loss. The Frogs are a very unlucky 3-7 in one-run games thus far.

But, overall things have been much rosier. The team is 41-13 (would be 38-6 filtering out the one-run games) and 21-3 at home, with a +163 run differential. This is good for a 1.5 game lead over the St. Louis River Raiders (39-14, +164) and a 4-game margin over said IB Breakers (37-17, +156). The Frogs are 4-1 against the IB Breakers and 6-4 against the River Raiders so that could bode well for winning this 3-team divisional race.

The best achievement so far was a 128-pitch no-hitter tossed by SE Harry Brecheen against the Fort Lee Christies on May 14th. This could be the best lineup the Frogs have spun a no-hitter against. The Christies boast 100 Hornsby, 100 Ted Williams, 100 George Brett, 100 Babe Ruth, 100 Lou Gehrig, 100 Vlad Jr., 100 Willie Mays, 99 Honus Wagner, 100 Josh Gibson. Take a bow, Mr. Brecheen.

The Frogs have really become a more multi-dimensional team lately thanks to some pack pulls. We still play good defense, pitch well, and hit for average. But, the team is starting to hit for power after adding Yelich, Gehrig, and Barry Bonds in recent weeks. Bonds and Yelich have combined for 26 HR so far and that reminds me of this...
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2019, 04:33 AM   #40
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Furballs: 26-29, 3 1/2 GB

That was an appalling second half of May. They are 4-11 for their last 15 games.

Seems like Brooks Robinson tops out at 92 at short. We'll now start the next shifty move, sending Mike Trout to leftfield in place of SE Strawberry to get Griffey jr. to play centerfield. That probably adds little overall…

Rebs: 33-21, 3 1/2 GA

Weirdly enough, they STILL don't produce any PP. It's been going like this for weeks where they, at best, make like 3,500 PP for the season. This season got underway with Chris Sale banking 580 on April 8 for a Maddux and assorted things, and since then they've made … 760. It took them until May 20 to exceed the 580 PP Sale got in that one game. Weird ****. Can't explain any of this.

Accountants: 31-22, 4 1/2 GB (of those Fighting Saints)

Oh well, while they're rather steady, them Saints only got grips on them in that initial series (0-3 for KC) so far. Three games today, six in July, seven in September should knock the Accountants back to .500 ...