Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-27-2019, 03:33 PM   #21
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
It might be technically impossible to ban the player until the league has completed its season, i.e. tonight.
Hope so, I failed to get promoted so if he isn't banned I'm stuck with him for another year. If he is going to be banned then he's none the wiser, as he's clearly set his playoff roster and "strategy" today
emilempenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 03:44 PM   #22
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilempenza View Post
Hope so, I failed to get promoted so if he isn't banned I'm stuck with him for another year. If he is going to be banned then he's none the wiser, as he's clearly set his playoff roster and "strategy" today
The leagues reshuffle each week. If you're in the same league again it's random chance.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:34 PM   #23
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
The leagues reshuffle each week. If you're in the same league again it's random chance.
Really? Phew, good to know. I had wondered if that was the case but I was figuring I'd find out tomorrow. I will not miss 100 AS Mike Trout and Cy Young
emilempenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 11:31 PM   #24
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

LMAO...sorry...this is hilarious
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 02:53 PM   #25
Hertston
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
There's an option to either stay put or be placed in a random league at the appropriate level. Not sure it's actually used much, though.. on both occasions I've chosen to stay put only a couple of the other names were the same.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:59 PM   #26
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

You will only stay put with the other teams who have selected to stay put. I don't think many people use that feature outside of intentional large friend groups making their own league.

So anyone see if this guy still has a team this week?
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:04 PM   #27
bailey
Hall Of Famer

He does.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:09 PM   #28
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Old 10-28-2019, 03:18 PM   #29
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

So to answer the inital question "Do tankers actually get punished?"

Apparently not. Disappointing.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:47 PM   #30
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Maybe he was banned and the team was just left idling? Hopefully?
Old 10-28-2019, 05:25 PM   #31
joehart
All Star Starter

I wonder if the current reporting system fails since it requires repeated reports but the person making the initial report may not ever see the same team again in their league hence they can't easily check and report them a second time using the system that is build into PT20.

I remember a Mustangs team a while back with a solid Diamond/Perfect roster that bounced up and down in the Bronze-Silver levels with a roster that could easily win in Perfect league. The team lost in the Silver finals but then bounced back to Silver two weeks later.

I wonder if the developers need additional help from the community to point out and track teams that continue to go up and down to collect trophies/rewards, ....

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:35 PM   #32
bailey
Hall Of Famer

It shouldn't be up to the players to police the game. How hard is to have the software identify teams that get demoted 3 or 4 weeks in a row and "report" them automatically?
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 06:33 PM   #33
joehart
All Star Starter

If the problem is not big enough, a community such as this one is easily capable of pointing out the few whale teams that impact lesser teams during their weekly up/down movement.

Of course, software and a dedicated resource is always the best way (and also my preferred way) to handle this. But if it is not *yet feasible, a trusted intern, beta tester, or community member can easily fill in the hours needed to follow up on some of the manual review tasks.

To be honest, I don't know how big the problem really is. I don't encounter problem teams every week. Just every once in a while you see a team that is clearly trying to accomplish something else (collect trophies, collect points, achieve certain game rewards, ....).

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 06:46 PM   #34
screamingpalm
Minors (Single A)

I have nothing to add to the actual topic other than I have enjoyed experimenting with an all iron card team in ootp19 which failed- and sorry if that was tanking (it was in gold and I was relegated to silver before I quit doing it). Maybe it could be nice if we wanted to do something like this- to be able to start over back in an Iron league? I don't know. I'm guessing tournaments will scratch that itch in the future if I understand correctly?

What I really wanted to say was hello to Hertson who I remember the unique name from the matrix games forum from years ago. And also cheers to Germaniac who I played in the Division series last week- I enjoyed your Brewers theme team and want to give you a cap tip. I watched every game of it without spoilers and was exciting til the end.

Last edited by screamingpalm; 10-28-2019 at 07:05 PM.
screamingpalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:36 PM   #35
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I wonder if the current reporting system fails since it requires repeated reports but the person making the initial report may not ever see the same team again in their league hence they can't easily check and report them a second time using the system that is build into PT20.
Except in this case, we know he has been reported at least twice.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:08 PM   #36
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I have notified the mods. If he did get a warning, he will get banned today.
Maybe he had not received a warning before...
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:29 PM   #37
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

And then according to the thread went straight back to benching everyone in the playoffs, so it seems that warning was ignored.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:47 PM   #38
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
And then according to the thread went straight back to benching everyone in the playoffs, so it seems that warning was ignored.
That's a very good point. They were looking into it Saturday.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:34 PM   #39
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Part of the problem is that we don't know how many teams have been reported, warned, and banned. The process is not transparent. Who receives the reports? Who issues the warnings? It's all shrouded in mystery. Based on what I've seen, either the process is broken or there is a reluctance to ban obvious TOS violators.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:26 AM   #40
sharknut
All Star Reserve

There's a dude in my Perfect league who now has lost 18 in a row while stocking his active roster with nothing but Iron players.....

....looking at his history, he seems to win Diamond League, get promoted to Perfect, they tank and then go back to Diamond.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote