Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #1641
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Jack Bodell

I was working on Billy Gray, a British Heavy from the mid/late 60's, when I got to looking at the "official" data base of the British heavys from the 60's and I'm mystified by the "1" overall rating Jack Bodell has compared to the 3 for Brian London, 4 for Billy Walker and 7 for Henry Cooper. Comparing him to some others also in there, I just don't see how he can be a 1. So before I start my playtesting of Gray, I'm going to look at Bodell's rating some for the data base.

Rocco
Rocco Del Sesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #1642
bdennis2
Minors (Triple A)

Rocco,Jack is a hard one to rate he goes from one of his best fights vs a young Joe Bugner to one of his worst vs Jerry Quarry in a very strange fight only about 2 mo. later then drops his next 2 fights by stopages and then hangs them up. I rerated him a bout 6 or 7 mo ago. I changed a few things from his date base ratings cf 8/8 i dropped his kd's & rec.by 1 4/3 int up 2 to 6 FI 3 FO 1 and his PL & CP 36\36 i thank that kick him up to a 3 i hope this helps you. Bill
bdennis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:03 PM   #1643
Shaft081
Minors (Double A)

Jack had a very impressive looking record.

for thoses who haven't seen it, here is the Quarry fight, although going by his record he is better than this
YouTube - Jack Bodell - Joe Bugner - Round 1
Shaft081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #1644
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdennis2 View Post
Rocco,Jack is a hard one to rate he goes from one of his best fights vs a young Joe Bugner to one of his worst vs Jerry Quarry in a very strange fight only about 2 mo. later then drops his next 2 fights by stopages and then hangs them up. I rerated him a bout 6 or 7 mo ago. I changed a few things from his date base ratings cf 8/8 i dropped his kd's & rec.by 1 4/3 int up 2 to 6 FI 3 FO 1 and his PL & CP 36\36 i thank that kick him up to a 3 i hope this helps you. Bill
Thanks Bill,

I'll use your suggestions here as a start. I'm going to go through those Boxing News I have to see if they shed any information that might be usefull. There's a lot in them dealing with Bodell.

Rocco
Old 03-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #1645
madredmonkey
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Del Sesto View Post
I'm hoping that Mark McIlvaney is still around this forum some to be in touch.

I remembered from some time ago your message here about your father James McIlvaney. It was great of you to have written to tell a little history about your father. I wanted to touch base to hopefully let you know of my goal to do a rerating of your father's career to have posted in the official TB2.5 data base. I've got myself copies of the Boxing News during his career (unfortunately don't have any 1965, so won't have his very first fight), and I'm reading through them to see what they have to say about your fathers fights during his career.

I'm hoping they will help me to learn a little more about the kind of fighter he was and who his opponents were to help with my rating.

just thought I'd try and touch base. If you do happen to see this, anything else you could tell me about your father that you'd wish to share, I would love to hear about. I'm putting a goal for myself to work on some of the less heard about UK fighters from that time period to put into the data base.

Thank you again for your story on your father!

Rocco Del Sesto
Hello, Rocco, mark mcilvaney here again, you wanted to know who his first fight was against, he was 1965-12-09186¼Roy Seward187¾9-11-1King's Hall, Derby, Derbyshire, United KingdomWTKO66
my father was a southpaw, and was a heavyweight, who fought out of birmingham his manager was george biddleys. as i said before he is scottish and was born in bellshill 21/08/1943, he is now 67 and lives in the hall geen area of birmingham uk. if you need more i will try to help, when i can, mark.
madredmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #1646
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madredmonkey View Post
Hello, Rocco, mark mcilvaney here again, you wanted to know who his first fight was against, he was 1965-12-09186¼Roy Seward187¾9-11-1King's Hall, Derby, Derbyshire, United KingdomWTKO66
my father was a southpaw, and was a heavyweight, who fought out of birmingham his manager was george biddleys. as i said before he is scottish and was born in bellshill 21/08/1943, he is now 67 and lives in the hall geen area of birmingham uk. if you need more i will try to help, when i can, mark.
Mark, So good to hear from you. Thank you for your insite into your father. Since our last correspondence here I have in fact gotten a full set of the Boxing News during the 1960s. I looked up his first fight against Roy Seward and the article about their fight notes that Jim took some strong blows to the head in the first couple rounds of the fight but then after that he rebounded in the later rounds and was giving Seward and good work over such that then in 6th round the referee stopped the fight to "save Seward from further punishment". It noted the fans were quite pleased with the fight. "A shower of nobbins descended on the ring in aapreciation."
Old 04-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #1647
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Jim McIlvaney - HW Scotland 1965-68

I'm going through my Boxing News papers looking up McIlvaney's fights and i notice some accounts mention him as being from Birmingham and some mention Leicester. I looked on a map and see the two are somewhat close to each other. Would a fighter sometimes actually live in one place and maybe he was training/work out of another location? I see this quite a bit as I've been looking up fight accounts of various boxers in these Boxing News papers where they'll switch back and forth between two and sometimes three locations for the fighter.

I'll mention to Jim reach the Boxing News British heavyweight rankings, tied for 15th with Jim Monagham, in the Oct 7, 1966 News after the two Jims had fought their 6 round draw in September 1966. By the New's next British rankings at the end of that year, McIlvaney was not listed. His career pretty much spun out of control after that draw with Monagham.

I'm going to finish going through his fights and then work on an update of his TB rating that I did for him and will repost it here.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:37 AM   #1648
DestinyBowser
Bat Boy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Del Sesto View Post
Benny Lee Bowser Rating 1 USA
LHW 1959-70
22 wins / 16 losses / 3 draws / 17 KO

Hometown: Austin, TX

Rating by: Rocco Del Sesto

In his first career bout in October 1959, Bowser was KO'd in the 3rd round by Alejandro Lavorante who was making his 2nd pro bout in a career that started out promising by ended abruptly 3 years later. In his next bout Bowser took on another newbie on the LHW/HW ranks, George Scrap Iron Johnson. Johnson decisioned Bowser in 6 rounds. After a couple wins and a draw in his next fights, Bowser was matched up against George Price(16-6-2,7) for the then vacant Texas LHW Title in May 1961. Price knocked out Bowser in the 9th round of the scheduled 12 rounder.

Between 1962 through 1965, Bowser compiled a 17-3-2 record fighting guys like LHW Tommy Sims(35-36-4,12), LHW Elmo (Tex) Henderson(25-18-1,15), LHW Luis Gutierrez(61-15-5,38), LHW Alonzo Harris(13-24-7,6), LHW Matt Plachy(11-1-0,9), HW Sherman Goodman(2-23-0,1), HW Joe Murphy Goodwin(1-15-1,0), MW/LHW Santiago Gutierrez(18-10-3,12) and MW Aman Peck(23-54-4,7) plus a number of unnamed lesser sorts. In September 1962 Bowser knocked out Tommy Sims in the 10th round to win the Texas State LHW Title. He successfully defended it against Santiago Gutierrez in April 1964 with a 10 round majority decision. Bowser gave Gutierrez a rematch for that title two months later and Bowser stopped Gutierrez in the 3rd round by TKO with a bad cut over Gutierrez' left eye. Then in November of 1964 Bowser lost the Texas State LHW title when Elmo (Tex) Henderson knocked out Bowser in the 2nd round. Those two fought a rematch for the title in October 1965 with Bowser winning back the title by a 10 round split decision. Bowser was knocked down in the 2nd round of the fight but came back on points to win the title back.

From then on Bowser began to take on some higher echelon of the LHW ranks and his record of 3-10-0 over the last 4 years of his career showed he wasn't quite up to par with those fighters. He could stay in the ring with them, but didn't have enough to put them away like his earlier career opponents. The down turn started with a 10 round decision loss to Karl Zurheidein March 1966 and then was KO'd in the 5th round by Joe Dorsey(27-8-1,20) in April that year. Bowser was then inactive until 1967 when he fought five, 10 round decision fights, loosing 4 of them to Karl Zurheide, Joe Burns, LMW Gypsy Joe Harris(24-1-0,8) and HW Gene Romero. The loss to Romero in August followed the one win for the year, a 10 rounder over Romero in June. In 1968 he lost 10 round decisions to Romero and Mark Tessman. In March 1969 he was KO'd in the 2nd round by AJ Staples(11-7-0,9). After knockout victories over Frank Evans(12-32-1,9), and Eddie Gray(1-3-0,0) in later 1969, Bowser ended his career with another 10 round decision loss, this time to Eddie Jones.

I really like this is there anyway i could get a copy for my facebook i wanted your permission first. This is my Grandpa he raised me nd he would love to see this.
DestinyBowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #1649
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinyBowser View Post
I really like this is there anyway i could get a copy for my facebook i wanted your permission first. This is my Grandpa he raised me nd he would love to see this.
Hello Destiny,

Thank you for writing. It's really great to "meet" family sometimes of some of these boxers that we "gamers" and boxing fans try to bring to life in TB.

Your more than welcome to use any/all of this poster here about your Grandfather.

Rocco
Old 09-28-2011, 07:32 AM   #1650
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
Matthew Greer HW
Rating: 1
10(9)-3-0
IceTea or anyone else have this file? Saw him fight Boytsov this weekend. Good old fashioned bar room brawler.
Jackyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #1651
btown32
Hall Of Famer

Matthew 'Gator' Greer

Here is a file, do not know who created it though.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Greer_Matthew'Gator'_HW_Active_Prime.tbdx3 (2.1 KB, 135 views)
btown32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #1652
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by btown32 View Post
Here is a file, do not know who created it though.
Thanks so much!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #1653
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lawrence Tauasa HW
Does anyone have a fighter file for this guy.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #1654
sepia warrior
Major Leagues

Lawrence Tauasa is rated in the game as a CW. I don't know if his rating at HW would be much different. Anyway, here's the file I have in my database.

Tauasa_Lawrence.tbdx3
sepia warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #1655
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepia warrior View Post
Lawrence Tauasa is rated in the game as a CW. I don't know if his rating at HW would be much different. Anyway, here's the file I have in my database.

Attachment 241124
Thank you Sepia.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #1656
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Matt Hicks HW
10(10)-2-0
Rating: 1
Anyone have this file?
Old 04-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #1657
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyle View Post
Anyone have this file?
Never mind found it
Old 06-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #1658
lilparsons
Bat Boy

im joey parsons grandaughter im trying to find any old pictures of my grandad boxing the family have a few but over the years they have become damaged, or i would like to hear from anyone that maybe is still around that knew him thnk you......wendy parsons
lilparsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #1659
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Mamuka Jikurashvili HW
Rating: 2
Does anyone have this file?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #1660
Jackyle