Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-26-2019, 11:30 AM   #401
raslavens
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
So far our investigation has not found any technical errors on our side. If you experience anomalities, please let us know your username and the tournament ID where you saw the problem, and explain the problem in detail. Also keep in mind, that the DH is a differentiator now, so for example Open tournaments with the DH enabled use a different roster export than Open tournaments with the DH disabled.
You're not looking hard enough. Again, a number of veteran players with beta/early tourney experience reported this problem. It was not user error. Something went wrong on your end and you don't want to fess up to it. It happened twice to me -- the second time after I was aware with the first random switcheroos and made extra sure that my roster was locked in properly. In both cases, there was no load in of a saved roster.
raslavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:07 PM   #402
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raslavens View Post
You're not looking hard enough. Again, a number of veteran players with beta/early tourney experience reported this problem. It was not user error. Something went wrong on your end and you don't want to fess up to it. It happened twice to me -- the second time after I was aware with the first random switcheroos and made extra sure that my roster was locked in properly. In both cases, there was no load in of a saved roster.
Instead of just telling him that he didn't look hard enough, you may want to provide some of the details he asked for. You can at least provide your username...
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:05 PM   #403
raslavens
Minors (Single A)

I have provided all of my info, screenshots, etc. to both Markus and Kris.
raslavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:18 PM   #404
skep
Minors (Double A)

Sometimes the game file doesn't seem to download, so I can't sweat the games. I'd also like to see a spoiler-free experience when I've got "Hide Scores" checked. Now I know if I won or lost a game based on, for instance, the announcement that I've won x prize for doing well. If I don't get the "you lost" announcement when I'm down 3-2, I know I won the game. I very much want to watch replays without knowing what's going to happen, that's the game for me mostly, the sweat.
skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:37 PM   #405
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Reservations anyone?

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:17 AM   #406
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by raslavens View Post
Of course there were issues in the beta, that's what the beta were for. But, those got fixed. Again, we are currently seeing no issues with imports / exports other than misunderstandings or bad timing (eg. submitting a roster while the server has already started creating the tournament league files).
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:18 AM   #407
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
Sometimes the game file doesn't seem to download, so I can't sweat the games. I'd also like to see a spoiler-free experience when I've got "Hide Scores" checked. Now I know if I won or lost a game based on, for instance, the announcement that I've won x prize for doing well. If I don't get the "you lost" announcement when I'm down 3-2, I know I won the game. I very much want to watch replays without knowing what's going to happen, that's the game for me mostly, the sweat.
Yeah, maybe we should hide that popup when "Hide scores" is enabled. I'll add it in for the next patch.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:37 AM   #408
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Strategies

Would it make sense to copy the global strategies from seasons to tournies as a basic starting point?

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:15 AM   #409
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Let it be Known

I like the following formats best:

Best of 5
Best of 7
Round Robin + Best of 3s
Double Round Robin + Best of 5s

I know 1 or 2 of them (the second two?) don't exist yet but I thought you might consider them.

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing but it feels like many of the quick tournaments in general have become a sort of haven for junkies.

And you know, I don't dislike any of the formats or arrangements...but it is a card game. And some card games are better than others. Maybe over time you can figure out which ones are the classics.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 11-27-2019 at 09:29 AM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:57 AM   #410
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Of course there were issues in the beta, that's what the beta were for. But, those got fixed. Again, we are currently seeing no issues with imports / exports other than misunderstandings or bad timing (eg. submitting a roster while the server has already started creating the tournament league files).
I don't know if this is an import error, but I am in two bronze tournies right now #3300190 and #3290314 with a five man rotation set to Always Start Highest Rested, and in both of them it seems to think my #5 is actually my #1 because he started the first game and it skips the #4 guy to go back to him when he's rested. I don't always check so can't say if this is happening in every single one I enter.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:28 PM   #411
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Tournament ID #330163 Bo7 Silver. For some reason #4 starter Flaherty has decided he's the boss and took the mound in the first game and every four days after on short rest, skipping the #3 and #5 guys (who didn't make any relief appearances to be tired)

Every tournament I check the rotation usage is just completely whack.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #412
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I definitely don't use 7 day lineups. I don't even submit a roster at any time which would overwrite a previous tournament, I simply have the same set-up for every bronze and silver tournament which looks perfectly fine when imported then just does it's own thing once the tournament starts.
Old 11-27-2019, 03:21 PM   #413
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I don't know if this is an import error, but I am in two bronze tournies right now #3300190 and #3290314 with a five man rotation set to Always Start Highest Rested, and in both of them it seems to think my #5 is actually my #1 because he started the first game and it skips the #4 guy to go back to him when he's rested. I don't always check so can't say if this is happening in every single one I enter.
Your situation appears to be rather similar to my situation, where my #5 starter seems to regularly wind up with more starts than any other despite the "Highest Rested" setting.

Edit: Live examples of this phenomenon happening right now are #3300193 and #3300196

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 11-27-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:51 PM   #414
Morgans Magic
Minors (Single A)

Just checked two of my Bronze games (3290331, 3290332) and in both games the #5 starter was treated as the #1, and when we swept the first series, it had the #5 guy start the next one.
Morgans Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:32 AM   #415
skep
Minors (Double A)

I said elsewhere (or here, I can't remember) that I think you should allow us to be in two queue tournaments at once and as many dailies/weeklies as we like.

I also think that, perhaps for the next iteration of the game, you might like to eliminate the cap on players for your dailies/weeklies altogether. If you can incorporate byes in you should be good and then you can see how many people wanna play the daily silver (and the daily bronze once that comes out).

I also think that, going forward, you shouldn't entirely eliminate the possibility that some tournaments have a "buy-in". I think that what you want to avoid is having a consolidation of currency that might occur if some players dominate these tournaments. So I would say, simply pay out card packs or cards as tournament rewards, never currency. Especially with regard to "sealed deck" tournaments where you open x packs and construct your team, which I hope you implement in some future iteration, I think buyins for some portion of your tournaments is not unreasonable. You will certainly make more money. I don't see how this is in any way a gambling mechanism, as you can never cash out. Just my two cents, I mostly hope you do the first two suggestions.

Old 11-29-2019, 01:17 AM   #416
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

http://prntscr.com/q3o03p

The above pictured in the screenshot really shouldn't be happening. Brand new tourney, but it starts with my #4 starter b/c I am in another tourney at the same time that started before.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:52 AM   #417
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
http://prntscr.com/q3o03p

The above pictured in the screenshot really shouldn't be happening. Brand new tourney, but it starts with my #4 starter b/c I am in another tourney at the same time that started before.

yeah, just checked the 32 team tourneys I signed up for last night and noticed the starters order wasn't following the highest rested (as you'd assume a brand new tourney would have everyone fully rested to start and would thus follow the 1-2-3-4 order at minimum for the first 4 games)...

Q-Gold-B07-T32-ID104 = starter's order 1-3-2-4

Q-Gold-B07-T32-ID105 = starter's order 3-1-2-4

rotation set to ''always start highest rested / do not allow starters in relief"
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 03:12 PM   #418
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

The starting rotation doesn't work at all. Fortunately they are all pretty much even anyway so you really only get screwed if it decides to start someone on short rest over and over
Old 11-29-2019, 04:05 PM   #419
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Anyone else having issues with color schemes changing when toggling back and forth from tournaments and main PT? My main PT team has a certain color scheme, but the last tournament color scheme I was in seems to carry over back to main PT. I can fix this by going into customize team-->advanced settings-->ok but it's kind of annoying.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 11-29-2019 at 04:06 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:02 PM   #420
skep
Minors (Double A)

I noticed another spoiler today. I was game 7 of the finals in a silver 32-team. I had hide scores clicked and the simulation downloaded, and exactly two packs showed up in my account, the prize for 2nd.