Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-20-2019, 02:57 AM   #341
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I think "wasting" the slots is part of the point. There is a pretty severe opportunity cost to joining a tournament right now. I would support the idea of being able to join 1 weekly/daily/monthly in addition to any 3 others, but there is a risk of tournament creep. And the most active users and whales would then saturate each and every tournament with worthwhile rewards. I'm glad the 3-team limit is restricting people from spamming tournament entries to some extent.

That said, I do think the larger tournaments never reaching a critical mass and postponing day after day is a problem. Many OOTP'ers are withdrawing or staying out until some higher % is reached. Maybe having one "long-term" entry, in addition to the three we already have, would solve this. Or you can do one daily, one weekly, one monthly, and a couple of quick tourneys.

The idea to convert timed to quick tourneys is also interesting.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 11-20-2019 at 02:58 AM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:51 AM   #342
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

I am not good at shuffling around rosters in minimal time frames, particularly not with the cards I don't know well. Who the hell has researched the iron cards??

(heh, who would have thought they'd ever matter?)

I'll sign up for the super-long [six days from now] tourneys just to work out and save a lot of variant rosters ahead of time, I guess.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:20 AM   #343
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I like starting on time with 1st round byes issued to some of the players in the order that they signed up. Some extra value for locking down a spot early.
I like this idea. There should be a minimum threshold for participants though, say, two thirds of the prescribed field? If less, the tournament still shuffles on.

Then we should also look into the pushback times. Another 24 hours seems excessive.

Another idea: if a daily/weekly does not fill by, say, an hour before start time, let people join with their second and third teams under the same licence.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.

Last edited by Westheim; 11-20-2019 at 04:22 AM.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:14 AM   #344
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Spamming Bo1 8 man tournaments is now the best way to make PP by a long shot in tournaments. I don't know if this is the intent of the developers, but these formats are warped and encourage bizarre builds (3 games long total, best-case! That isn't baseball). Bo1 is a fun gimmick format, not a staple mode. I am not necessarily suggesting we go back to 2k Bo5s, but at least that's real baseball. Even just doing 1k 16-man Bo5s is a lot more tolerable, even with the lower per-game payoff.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:19 AM   #345
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemandria View Post
I am not good at shuffling around rosters in minimal time frames, particularly not with the cards I don't know well. Who the hell has researched the iron cards??

(heh, who would have thought they'd ever matter?)

I'll sign up for the super-long [six days from now] tourneys just to work out and save a lot of variant rosters ahead of time, I guess.
Most of my research and team creation is done without actually playing in any active tournaments. I've done this two ways.

The first is simply to look through your roster of eligible cards on your league team, which is easy enough for most formats (eg Building a bronze tournament team? It makes sense that you'll want to be looking at your Bronze cards ). The only hang ups here is that you'll need to identify which cards have been trained up at new positions and possibly if you don't want to disrupt your reserve roster (eg a theme team where only certain players are eligible but that eligibility is based on something not tracked in game, such as my team built on any and all collection rewards).

The other way I've done it is to just quickly join a tournament, let the ai build the team, import all eligible cards, and take your time inspecting them long after the tournament that you didn't really care much about has ended. The only hang up here is that it won't help you view all your cards if you have more than 200 (25 active, 175 inactive, and I hope my math is correct ).

The only format that doesn't really work very well with these two techniques is the cap tournament. This is one reason why I've mostly avoided them so far, though they definitely have the most replayability of any of the formats.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:55 PM   #346
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

2 of my last 3 tournaments problems

3 tournaments ago, I entered a 1875 cap tourney with a 20-man roster that I filled out carefully...ended up at about 1860, and it submitted successfully (wasn't sure about only 20 men out of 25 possible) but it got wiped out 10 minutes later before the start of the tournament with an AI dud I guess? Something happened...and Jacob deGrom had become my DH with only 1 or 2 of the same players I had picked. (Q-Cap-1875-Bo7-T32-ID5)

Most recently I was surprised to see that I wasn't able to use any of the cards that were active in my other tournament. I don't really like this restriction. (We're using the cards in the season. There is already a limit of 3 teams & limit on total tournaments. It gives people with multiple rosters worth of cards an advantage.)

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 11-20-2019 at 08:24 PM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:53 PM   #347
bailey
Hall Of Famer

The Tuesday Super Non-Live, goes directly to Play Now when it should say "Preparing". edit: either that or just can't log into it.

Last edited by bailey; 11-20-2019 at 08:02 PM.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:20 PM   #348
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
3 tournaments ago, I entered a 1875 cap tourney with a 20-man roster that I filled out carefully...ended up at about 1860, and it submitted successfully (wasn't sure about only 20 men out of 25 possible) but it got wiped out 10 minutes later before the start of the tournament with an AI dud I guess? Something happened...and Jacob deGrom had become my DH with only 1 or 2 of the same players I had picked.

Most recently I was surprised to see that I wasn't able to use any of the cards that were active in my other tournament. I don't really like this restriction. (We're using the cards in the season. There is already a limit of 3 teams & limit on total tournaments. It gives people with multiple rosters worth of cards an advantage.)

I have played several tourneys and have had the same roster at the same time. Not once have i ever had your issue.

Is it possible you entered a non-live or historic when your last roster was open or vice versa... just a thought.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:23 PM   #349
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
I have played several tourneys and have had the same roster at the same time. Not once have i ever had your issue.

Is it possible you entered a non-live or historic when your last roster was open or vice versa... just a thought.
No, they definitely took the cards out that were active in the other tournament. It might be new...try it today.

I was on the page with all my cards & those were the ones that weren't available; the ones in my other active tournament.

Or the 2nd tournament was lives only and the other one was a diamond & lower historical. So yeah, essentially all the cards I was using in the other tournament weren't eligible for the live one. Totally overlooked that.

That's one out of two problems solved. Thanks.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 11-20-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:55 PM   #350
raslavens
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
3 tournaments ago, I entered a 1875 cap tourney with a 20-man roster that I filled out carefully...ended up at about 1860, and it submitted successfully (wasn't sure about only 20 men out of 25 possible) but it got wiped out 10 minutes later before the start of the tournament with an AI dud I guess? Something happened...and Jacob deGrom had become my DH with only 1 or 2 of the same players I had picked. (Q-Cap-1875-Bo7-T32-ID5)
I had the same thing happen to me in the 1625 cap Hunt for Perfect Pedro league. Spent 1 hour setting everything up -- submitted the team successfully several times as I tweaked it. Everything fit under the cap just fine. And then sometime before play, the lineup completely changed and I wound up with players I'd NEVER choose on the roster.
raslavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:32 PM   #351
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Yeah, it's a bummer when you don't have a digital copy of the roster you want to use...

I guess in the future we can export our desired roster to a file and then import it before specific tournament starts. (I haven't tried this yet but I noticed the options.)

In the meantime, I'm just wondering I guess, what might have happened.

I wasn't even on the set rosters page when it changed...I was however on the global strategy settings, changed them, hit submit on new strategies, and that's when I discovered the new roster a few minutes before the tournament started. After leaving that section.

Old 11-20-2019, 11:28 PM   #352
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

Tuesday Super Non-Live for the Ted Simmons card - Is this broken? It just cycles through play now every 10 minutes but doesn't actually show any games and I'm pretty sure it was suppose to start 3-4 hours ago.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:49 PM   #353
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

1. Daily Historical Double RR: stuck on the first round for hours, never started but can't withdraw
2. Tuesday Super Non-Live: I guess it is stuck. I can't get in now. I can't withdraw from this one either.
3. Hunt for Pedro: I was eliminated in the first round, but at least it ran.

Those were my three tournaments for today. I am not really feeling the fun here.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:09 AM   #354
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
2. Tuesday Super Non-Live: I guess it is stuck. I can't get in now. I can't withdraw from this one either.

)
Everyone will be given the Ted Simmons card for their troubles.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:26 AM   #355
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Add one more to the list: Daily 50s, which had the earliest "start time" of any of these: about 10 hours ago. I suspect all the daily tournaments are messed up, but the quick tournaments (and Pedro) are going without a hitch. I have posted to the Bug Reports Forum, but so far no replies.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:26 AM   #356
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Ok, so more wierdness... up to now, the Quick tournaments were all working fine. But I signed up for one an hour and a half ago, which went to the PREPARING status, and it is still in the preparing status now. The tourney is Q-Bronze-Bo4-T16-ID83

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 03:23 AM   #357
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Add one more to the list: Daily 50s, which had the earliest "start time" of any of these: about 10 hours ago. I suspect all the daily tournaments are messed up, but the quick tournaments (and Pedro) are going without a hitch. I have posted to the Bug Reports Forum, but so far no replies.
There seem to be some issues with a few tournaments not starting. We're looking into it.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:51 AM   #358
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I log in this morning to find this tournament running in the early stages now with very frequent sims. The roster I submitted is nothing like the roster that's currently active in the tournament.

There's a good chance I'll just sit out tournaments now until they can function properly.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:51 AM   #359
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
There seem to be some issues with a few tournaments not starting. We're looking into it.
This issue should be resolved now. Those tournaments will probably sim pretty quickly to catch up now.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:57 AM   #360
raslavens
Minors (Single A)

Will the Devs address the serious issue that's been brought up by many that the tournament rosters are changing randomly before/once they start? Several have reported this issue in the last couple of days. I spent an hour setting up my team for the 1625 cap Hunt for Perfect Pedro for my roster to be swapped out/completely populated by random players at the tourney start.
raslavens is offline   Reply With Quote