Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Post bug reports here please!

Old 09-04-2016, 08:37 AM   #1
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

One owner with League FTP issues

I have one league out of 4 where I am the only one in the league having major issues either downloading file or exporting team.in game

Every other league works fine every time and no other owners in this league have any issues like this

It continually errors out either with the 201 error on export or cannot open FTP site on download.

I have tried everything:

Change FTP Settings, get a new accounts_gm file, close restart OOTP, restart PC, multiple combiniations of all of the above.

Sometimes one of the above will fix but it works ONCE.

For example, I can fiddle with it as above for 30 minutes and then I can download new league file after a change (BUT not always the same change as worked previously) . Make my changes and try to export and it fails with the 201 error. Repeat trying to change settings and at some point it works (50% of the time if I copy back an old gmaccounts file it will work) but it will fail the next time I try to download new league file OR the next export.

It generally takes 45+minutes of fiddling with it and trying different things to get it to work.

I turned my firewall off completely to eliminate that as an issue.

I am going to have to leave the league since I do not have 45+ minutes every sim to get ftp work.

Again this is the ONLY league this happens in. I have deleted the league and started it over from a starter league file MULTIPLE times and again that will fix it ONCE for either a download or export, but never both.

Last edited by MarkInCincy; 09-04-2016 at 08:48 AM.
MarkInCincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:40 AM   #2
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

FTP'ed league ZIP of .dat's to support ftp site as rdbl.lg.zip
Old 09-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #3
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Never mind, after 3 weeks of try everything, things would work once either on download or export but never both in a row and multiple new lg files, world.dat, Gm accounts file, complete new lg files I decided I no longer could devote multiple hours a week to stay in the league

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2016, 01:05 PM   #4
Recte44
Global Moderator

Change to passive ftp mode.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2016, 02:31 PM   #5
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Tried that multiple times and active and use html instead, even exiting ootp after changing and did not work to no avail, I am have just about every combination of settings, even turning off my firewall,

The Best that I could ever get was it working once, either an in game download or an export but never both back to back. It would take a new Starter file + new accounts Gm or a complete new lg file with deleting the ENTIRE .lg directory and then it would work for export or download.

Then repeat to get it to work for the other. In multiple other 17 leagues with no issues and in this lg I am the only one having this issue.

Doesn't matter now

Old 09-07-2016, 02:33 PM   #6
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInCincy View Post
Tried that multiple times and active and use html instead, even exiting ootp after changing and did not work to no avail, I have every combination of settings, even turning off my firewall,

The Best that I could ever get was it working once, either an in game download or an export but never both back to back. It would take a new Starter file + new accounts Gm or a complete new lg file with deleting the ENTIRE .lg directory and then it would work for export or download maybe, nothing consistently worked

Then repeat to get it to work for the other. In multiple other 17 leagues with no issues and in this lg I am the only one having this issue.

Doesn't matter now

Old 10-23-2016, 09:05 AM   #7
philbdoyle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've also had FTP issues with 17. I can't download a sim update with FTP. In one online league I can download using html but in a second I can't. I know of another GM who have has similar issues. There wasn't a problem with 16.

Would be grateful for any suggestions on how to solve this problem.
philbdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:38 PM   #8
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

My issue was league specific, it worked fine for 4 other leagues