Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-09-2019, 12:31 AM   #81
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Have this question I need to ask...am I a whale now? Here is some evidence to consider.

101-28 so far this season, btw.
Yes. I would consider it a whale roster, and to someone who hasn't been paying attention, they'd say you spent hundreds/4-figures to compile it.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:35 AM   #82
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs are rolling. A 105-30 record (+391) and percentage points behind the I-80 Defenders (.780 to .778) for league best record. With an 8-game lead in the division, things are looking promising. Twelve of the remaining 27 games are against teams in the hunt.

The Frogs are en route to probably setting several team records (wins, winning %, runs allowed, WAR, FIP, wOBA, homers...). The 2051 Frogs have already tied the franchise best with 136 HR. Both Yelich and Bonds have reached 30 HR already, so they have a good shot at tracking down SE George Sisler's franchise record 35 HR set back in 2041.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Yes. I would consider it a whale roster, and to someone who hasn't been paying attention, they'd say you spent hundreds/4-figures to compile it.
Funny that you say that. I looked back at the previous time I did a "valuation" of my roster Westheim-style and that was back in 2026. My entire team was worth 113K points back then based on last 7-day pricing. The current team's average player value is worth 114K. Just Ed Walsh and Ozzie Smith combined are pushing 1 million PP. The entire team is now worth 2.85M points, which is a bit over $1600 if I were to buy it directly. I did end up putting in some $$$, but only a small fraction of that.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 04:12 AM   #83
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Have this question I need to ask...am I a whale now? Here is some evidence to consider.

101-28 so far this season, btw.

Going by your record, maybe. Going by your roster, no. In my opionion, whales don't have guys like Paige, Santana and Seaver in their rotation, for example.

You always seem to get more from your team than should normally be possible. In other words, Jason was right... You're just a good manager.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:23 AM   #84
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I'm probably going to jinx us, but I just checked in tonight and found the Raccoons on a 19 game winning streak. But, all but 4 of those games were vs division mates, all of whom are at about .400 and below. But they still count. Maybe we can top our record of 22 straight? There, that should jinx us.

So we're 98-36 .731 with a +406 RDiff (530 pace) and considering our division, we probably should be doing better. One encouraging thing is that we're doing better against the whales (and not just this year).

Nice to see the Portland Raccoons in 1st place too. Your team is much improved since I last saw it. I hope you can hang in there and make the playoffs again.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:43 AM   #85
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

We are sort of envious to see the other pack of Critters on a 19-game winning streak and are preparing to raid your favorite berry bushes at this very moment!

The Rebs hold a wild card, but could also still win their division, none of which strikes me as wise. Oh, I'd take the PP for the free pack, but knowing my luck they might still somehow blunder into Perfect...

The Accountants have simply nothing left to play for...

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:46 AM   #86
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Dodgers on cruise-control with no whales in the league. If there was a time to get a title, this may be it. The Belfast Bridesmaids.
Attached Images
HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:22 AM   #87
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Surprised that the Corsairs haven't been ginsu'd (sliced, diced & chopped) so far this season, keeping their heads near water level at 68-65. Must be something wrong with their league ;-)
Reavers are tied for first with a record of 65-68, entire division has a record of 312 - 355.
Rifles & Scum both leading their divisions by a few games.
Marble Cutters are deep in the relegation zone, on the bottom seven games back of the team in 29th place.

Last edited by Will_L; 11-09-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:59 AM   #88
Magus978
All Star Starter

Magus-team review going into the playoff push. I will also post my thoughts on their tournament aspirations (if any).

New York Patriots (G324): 66-68, 4th in AC Central. While technically still within striking distance for a wildcard, the Patriots seem to have no desire to succeed and are happy to stay in gold and be irrelevant. This is one of many teams I've simply moved on from. We'll try again in PT21 as part of the BFF group.

Brooklyn Dynasty (P443): 52-81, 4th in NC West. After selling TOTY Yelich and investing it way too irresponsibly (packs), the Dynasty have floundered. However, they've held their own in the second half and are fairly certain that they will not be relegated.

Connor Joe Appreciation Society (S353, Meme): 73-61, 1st in NC West. Consistency has been the name of the game for the past two months, as the Appreciation Society made their move into 1st place in the division. Team mascot Connor Joe (.228, 8 HR, 45 RBI) is having his best year ever, posting a -0.5 WAR when he usually posts -2 WAR or worse.

Blitzkrieg Boppers (P443): 59-74, 3rd in AC East. The retooling is finally on for the Boppers, who have put 99 Jackie Robinson & 99 SE Rickey Henderson on the market. Whale Hell has not been kind to the Boppers, who are eagerly traveling on the road to nowhere.

Northeast Corridor Capitals (G324): 71-63, 2nd in NC East. The combined efforts of Hughie Jennings (.308, 8 HR, 79 RBI) & Eddie Collins (.329, 11 HR, 68 RBI) are helping keep the Capitals in the race. Their pitching is awful, and there's not much they can do about that unless they sell one of the big pieces, which isn't happening.

Metuchen Mariners (P437): 80-55, 1st in AC Central. For the first time ever, the Mariners have a championship-caliber pitching staff, and despite their mini-slide as of late, they are in position to make a real run at a title (barring unjustified acts of RNGjesus). There was recently an exception made to this pack-only team, allowing them to buy SE cards that are not in packs. They took full advantage, buying 97 Smoky Joe Wood for 50k and bolstering the back of their starting rotation even more. If they figure out how to win those one-run games, the Metuchen Mariners could be the ones holding a perfect league title come Sunday night.

Nico-Nico Kneecappers (D380): 68-66, 2nd in NC West. It's been a very inconsistent season for the Kneecappers, who have followed up successful months of 18-9 (May) & 15-8 (July) with 9-17 (June) & 13-16 (August), and are not getting off on the right foot in September. What it all adds up to is a team that's probably going to fade into irrelevance as today's games wear on, meaning another week at diamond for #1 SuperIdol Nico Yazawa and her famous baseball friends.

St. John's Steelheads (S324, Pack-Only): 84-50, 2nd in NC Central. I don't know what to make of the Steelheads this week. The records and stats are pretty good, but they just cannot get into a division-winning position. Something for one reason or another is letting them down, and it's a bad sign when I can't think of the reason for it. They will have to be content with a wildcard.

Steelport Saints (P443): 80-55, 2nd in AC East. Landing in Whale Hell was not ideal for the Saints coming off of an LCS appearance in their first perfect season, but it has gone surprisingly well for them as they've feasted on the teams they're supposed to beat and not embarrassing themselves against the megawhales (7-14). Thanks to that, Steelport are cruising to a WC2 and a date with Matt Arnold's Nomadic Developers, who have simply kicked the Saints to the curb all season. They will hope for a weaker league next week for a shot at a title.

Staten Island Silverbacks (I161, BFF): 77-58, 3rd in AC West. For the past two seasons, the Silverbacks have had epic collapses to miss out on the playoffs. It's believed they got that out of the way in May, but an 18-8 run in August has brought them back into the race. However, they are not focused on promotion...instead, they are focusing on being the best they can be for silver & lower tournaments.

Baron Red Wings (B208, Pack-Only): 93-43, 1st in AC Central. Having already clinched at worst a wildcard spot, the Red Wings have their eye firmly towards not just a division title, but a second championship in as many seasons. Jacob deGrom (16-6, 2.42) is in the hunt for a triple crown, while big pack acquisition 2019 All Star Mike Trout (.261, 20 HR, 65 RBI) leads a dominant lineup that is far too good for this level.

Brooklyn Blackhearts (I201): 82-53, 1st in NC West. Pack luck has not been with the Blackhearts, but they've been able to move into 1st thanks to an offense that won't stop hitting. If they hit like they've have all season, promotion to bronze isn't an unrealistic possibility.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:14 AM   #89
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
Dodgers on cruise-control with no whales in the league. If there was a time to get a title, this may be it.
Oh, man. My Xenos were in a similar situation last year. There were, I think, 2 Whales but both were eliminated in the playoffs ... clearing a path for us to a PL World Series, which we lost 2 games to 4.

We're in a similar league this year but my team isn't performing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Connor Joe Appreciation Society (S353, Meme) ... Team mascot Connor Joe (.228, 8 HR, 45 RBI) is having his best year ever, posting a -0.5 WAR when he usually posts -2 WAR or worse.
This is brilliant. Connor Joe, I think, was a starting outfielder on Opening Day 2019.

Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:36 PM   #90
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
Dodgers on cruise-control with no whales in the league. If there was a time to get a title, this may be it. The Belfast Bridesmaids.
You got this!

Also, noticed an OL team in there that might've got lost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_L View Post
Surprised that the Corsairs haven't been ginsu'd (sliced, diced & chopped) so far this season, keeping their heads near water level at 68-65. Must be something wrong with their league ;-)
Reavers are tied for first with a record of 65-68, entire division has a record of 312 - 355.
Rifles & Scum both leading their divisions by a few games.
Marble Cutters are deep in the relegation zone, on the bottom seven games back of the team in 29th place.
Nice. I think this is the first time I've seen more than 3 teams in someone's signature. Congrats for figuring the technology out on that.

Old 11-09-2019, 03:58 PM   #91
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I've never seen anything like this before (well, except for with whales, of course). 29 straight and still counting!! What's up with the Raccoons?! Once I saw the streak going last night, I resisted the urge to tweak things and will continue to resist until the streak's over. I had earlier put Hubbell into the starting rotation, but only intended for him to start one game, but that's when the streak started. He's now started more games than he has in 11 years. So I'll just leave him to the end of the season now.

Another really cool thing just happened... I'm not sure if I've ever had this happen to any of my teams since I started playing OOTP back in 2003. Don Sutton pitched a perfect game for our 28th straight win!!

We also have an RDiff of +457 which is 2nd best, behind only the Penticton Bobcats and our record is -4 from our pythag record. It's true we have easy competition this season, but we've had easy competition before and never got this lucky.
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 11-09-2019 at 03:59 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 06:58 PM   #92
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs are 115-35, but even 120 wins might not be enough to win the division.

The IB Breakers (101-48) had been running in 2nd place for most of the season, but they've tailed off a bit, now 13.5 games out.

The St. Louis River Raiders (110-40) have come on strong and are riding an active 12-game winning streak. St. Louis has gone 39-7 since August 1st to narrow the division to 5 games.

La Crosse and St. Louis will finish the 2051 season with what's looking to be an important, Mississippi River battle of a 3-game series. The Frogs hold a 12-4 record h2h.

While this division isn't exactly the NC West in old timer's league this week, it's pretty tough.

Old 11-09-2019, 08:17 PM   #93
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The streak finally ended at 31. We almost kept it alive. We were down 2-0 in the top of the 9th and tied it, but they scored off of Hoffman in the bottom half and won it. Speaking of which, we sure have done poorly in 1-run games this year (16-22).

We did net 9k in a week span which was great, though I am disappointed that the achievement for such a winning streak was only 4k. Since the streak ended, we've lost 5 of 6 games to some of the weaker teams.
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 11-09-2019 at 08:42 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:45 PM   #94
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Clarkson says it the best
Attached Images
HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:08 PM   #95
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

With win #121 of the season, the Frogs have clinched their division. That's the good news, and before the 2nd place team ever came to town for the final 3 games of the season.

The bad news? The 2nd and 3rd place teams in the division have clinched wild card spots. And they'll have about 230 wins between them. And as #1 overall seed in the NC, we'll have to face the winner of that WC game. *gulp*

The other good news? The I-80 Defenders have fallen off the pace a little bit at 116-39, so it's looking almost certain that the Frogs will have the overall best record in a Perfect League for the first time ever.

The other, other good news? 100 Barry Bonds has 38 homers so he's set the franchise mark in his first week on the job. Hoping he can get to 40.

Old 11-09-2019, 11:10 PM   #96
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

The YakAnglers are tied for 1st in their division with a record of 88-70 with the Vermont White People. The Los Angeles Trolly Dodgers (86-72) are a close 3rd. The YakAnglers had a miserable 1st half of the season and were 12 games back at the All-Star break. The season ends with a 3 game set against Vermont, so that series will decide who wins the division. It appears all three of he above teams will make the playoffs - barring collapse.

The Marathoners. Ahh who cares. Oh they did beat those Fighting Frogs once or twice this season.

The Miners have played poorly this season and sit around 13 games back and 3 or 4 games out of the wildcard.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:48 PM   #97
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Looks like the tanking team in P457 accomplished what they set out to do...

...unless the devs intervene.
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2019, 01:17 AM   #98
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

There's one day of sims left and it will be the difference between...hosting the #3 seed in the LDS & being the hosted #3 seed in the LDS round...as we have clinched the division but are currently tied with the Louisiana Legion at 94-67, both a few games off of the #1 team in the conference at this point.

On the bright side, I have one of the theoretically easier paths to a Perfect Series this week.

On the other hand & on the dark side, I still see plenty of ways in which I could lose tomorrow before a final showdown...

We shall see.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:30 AM   #99
yno88
Minors (Double A)

Last edited by yno88; 11-10-2019 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Salty
yno88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:35 AM   #100
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Looks like the tanking team in P457 accomplished what they set out to do...

...unless the devs intervene.
I reported them earlier in the week, was hoping others did the same.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote