Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 10-24-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
Hertston
Major Leagues

Cornwall Old Timers

Well, as the trade deadline approaches, it was tears all round at the Spaceport Stadium as Cornwall Old Timers supporters bid farewell to club legend, fan-favorite and arguably the franchise's only ever halfway decent draft pick, Roger Connor. Also leaving was promising rookie Sandy Koufax who, with regret, the General Manager decided was too young for the side. By fifteen years, to be precise.

As they say though, out with the old and in with the new. The departing players left with a hefty price tag attached, and with club coffers boosted fans are now hopeful the Old Timers' disappointing season to date can be turned around by new arrivals starters Paul Dean and Whitey Ford, 1B Frank Greenberg, and superstar infielder Jackie Robinson. General Manager Hertston further intrigued the club's long-suffering fans by indicating several players would not be having their contracts renewed for next season, and that a further 'big name' signing could be expected.

When asked to comment, Greenberg told this reporter "well, obviously it will be a great challenge to live up to the legacy left by Roger, but I am both delighted and excited to have been given this opportunity. I can assure the fans I will do everything in my power to ensure I fulfil the expectations and respect the traditions of this great club."

Replica shirts featuring the names and numbers of all the new signings are now available in the club shop.

Last edited by Hertston; 10-28-2019 at 09:54 AM.
Hertston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:54 PM   #2
Hertston
Major Leagues

Another new arrival at the Spaceport Stadium

In a press conference today, Old Timers general manager Hertston announced that free agent Dazzy Vance will also be joining the club, contract negotiations having been completed. Hertston refused to comment on reports that pitchers Babe Ruth and Vean Gregg were unhappy with recent personnel changes, saying only that there were "no plans" for either player to leave the club.

Hertston also paid tribute to outfielder Martin Dihigo's 29 game hitting streak which came to an end with last night's loss to the Saigon Tritons, only one game short of the long-standing franchise record. "Martin really is the ultimate utility-man every manager wants to have on their team", commented Hertston, "we are very lucky to have him."
Old 10-28-2019, 09:44 AM   #3
Hertston
Major Leagues

Sensational news from the Spaceport Stadium today, with GM Hertston announcing he will be taking a temporary leave of absence from his post to take charge of ailing Double-A affiliate the Ballymahon Bassets. The board have stated they requested the move in order to strengthen the long term prospects of the organization. They will not be appointing a replacement, and the assistant GM (Baseball Operations) will take the reigns until Hertston returns.

In his first press conference at The Kennels, Hertston surprised nobody present by announcing his well known policy of acquiring only the most experienced, long serving, players would not be used at the Bassets. In contrast, he intends to use only new talent whose potential has not yet been fully established. According to Hertston, "I am very much looking forward to embracing the challenge of a new challenge. But don't quote me on that."

Last edited by Hertston; 10-28-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Hertston is offline   Reply With Quote