Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 04-26-2017, 11:16 AM   #61
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Not what I expected, certainly. When I made it, the plan was to watch him start in the low minors and move up.

But a: I had never done this before and made him way too good.and b: the Giants were really terrible.

I decided to keep on it, but if I do this again, I will try to reign in his current abilities.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:41 PM   #62
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 18th, 1985

Today we face Ron Darling and the Mets. Darling is 6-0 with an ERA around 2.50

We have Terry Mulholland ditching for us. Tough day to be a hitter.

AT LEAST THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!

We got a New York Rain Out!

Tomorrow is now a double header.

May 19th, 1985

The schedule shift allowed us to change our pitchers as well. Mike Krukow will now match up against Darling and Mulholland will face Walt Terrell this evening.

GAME ONE

I led off the game, ready to show my mettle against the hottest young pitcher going.

I struck out.

In the bottom of the 1st Darryl Strawberry took Krukow deep, for a two-run homer.

In the 2nd I came up with two out and Kenny Smith on 3rd and John Castino on 2nd. I grounded out to Wally Backman at 2nd.

I came up next in the 5th, with two out and nobody on. I popped out to Backman.

In the 6th I had my first defensive play, starting a Priske - Castino - Aldrete double play to eraseCesar Cedeno and Larry Herndon.

Krukow, since the Strawberry homer, has pitched as well as Darling. He struck out 9 before being pulled in the 7th for Mark Davis. (A double switch bringing in Tom O'Malley for Aldrete at 1st.)

I cam up next in the 8th, with one out and nobody on. I grounded out to Hubie Brooks at short. It just isn't my day.

The game ended as a 2-0 shut out for Darling.

Old 04-30-2017, 04:26 PM   #63
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

GAME TWO

Terry Mulholland was facing Walt Terrell. Terrell was good so for this year, but he was no Ron Darling.

Painful way to start the game! What would have been ball four anyway hit me in the right knee. Corey Gianetti came out to check me out, but I was okay. This might affect my running game, though.

With stealing on the back burner I moved to 2nd the old fashioned way... with Kenny Oberkfell hitting an infield single. Terrell unloaded a wild pitch and we both moved up. Chili Davis grounded out, but I scored.

We scored 3 times in the 1st.

Defensively I caught a pop up by Hubie Brooks for the 2nd out. The Mets ended up getting 2 back right away.

I came up in the 2nd with one out and John Castino on 1st. This time Terrell struck me out.

In the bottom half Wally Backman hit one past me. I need to tighten up, in the field and at the plate.

Chili Davis led off the 3rd with a homer. We led 4-2.

I next came up in the 4th, with two out and nobody on. I grounded out to Backman at 2nd. I am hitting below .230 now. Why am I leading off?

I returned the favour for Backman as the 3rd out in the 4th, but only after Lenny Dykstra hit an RBI double. 4-3 for us.

I also got the 1st out in the 5th, handling a Hubie grounder.

In the 7th, once again, I was up with two out and nobody on. I flew out to Dykstra in centre.

Pat Perry came in two pitch for us in the 7th. He got all three batters he faced that frame. In the 8th he gave up a lead-off single to Darryl Strawberry and was lifted for Frank Williams. That inning ended with me charging hard to take a Danny Goodwin grounder to 1st for the 3rd out. Nice play to hold our lead!

In the 9th John Castino launched a 3-run blast that gave us the insurance we needed! 7-3! After Eddie Vargas reached on an error, I came up with him on 1st and still nobody out. Tim Leary came in to face me... and he got me to roll into a double play.

Ron Davis came in for the 9th. He struck out the side and we salvaged a split of the double header.

Tomorrow is another new city for me... Philadelphia!

Old 05-03-2017, 06:47 AM   #64
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 20th, 1985

In Philly to take on the Phillies!

We have Atlww Hammaker and they have John Denny. That would seem to be advantage us for two evenly matched teams.

I led off, as always, and dropped a single into centre! I tried to steal, of course, and they had me with a pitch-out... but I outran the throw anyway! Stolen base #30!
Chris Brown struck out and then Chili Davis walked. Chili and I pulled off a double steal and voila! Stolen base #31 and I was standing on 3rd with only one out. Rob Deer singled and Chili and I both scored! Kenny Oberkfell ended up knocking in Deer and we were up 3-0!

In the bottom of the 1st Juan Samuel got on board but they we erased him and Craig Reynolds with a nice Oberkfell - Priske - Aldrete double play. They then got three straight hits before we took on Von Hayes trying to steal and narrowed the lead to one run.

I came up in the 2nd with two out and nobody on and Denny struck me out.

That inning we foiled a blunt attempt by Denny when Hammaker threw it to me covering third and we gunned down Ken Landreaux for the 2nd out.
Samuel managed to single after that to tie the game, though.

In the 3rd Atlee gave up a solo homer to Mike Schmidt and now we were trailing 4-3.

I handled a grounder by Ernie Whitt to start off their 4th.

In the 5th I came up with two out and nobody on again... and again, I struck out.

In the 6th I took a grounder by Whitt again, this time for the 2nd out. Pretty nice play, actually. I also got the 3rd out on a Denny grounder.

After 7 innings, Denny had struck out TWELVE.

Mark Davis came it to pitch for us in the 7th. He gave up a one out homer to Reynolds. 5-4 Phils. I took a grounder from Tim Raines for out #2. Schmidt got a double (he was now a single shy of the cycle).

I led off the 8th by striking out for the 3rd time. We scratched another run across that inning so we went into the 9th only down 5-4. They brought in their closer, Willie Hernandez. I was due up 4th. I never came to the plate.

13 stake outs for John Denny. We turn average pitchers into All-stars.

Tomorrow the rookie starts for us and a crafty 40-year old for them. Colin Ward vs Don Sutton.

Last edited by rpriske; 05-07-2017 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #65
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 21st, 1985

Still in Philly. Colin Ward facing Don Sutton.

I led the game off against the veteran righty by flying gout to Von Hayes in centre.

I got the 3rd out of the inning taking a grounder from Tim Raines.

In the 2nd Ward helped his own cause by hitting a single that scored Mike Aldrete from 2nd. Then I came up with Ward on 1st and two out. I lined out to Rick Schu at 2nd.

1-0 Giants

It was short live, however, as the Phillies score twice in thier half of the inning.

2-1 Phillies

But then came the 3rd. By the time I struck out to end it, we had nine batters come up to the plate and had scored 5 times.

6-2 Giants.

The Phils scratched one across in the 4th. I ended that inning taking a liner from inch-hitter Len Matuszek. Sutton's day was short. Marty Bystrom relieved for him.

Bad news int eh 5th when Rob Deer hurt his knee on a defensive play in centre field. He had to leave the game, replaced by Kenny Smith. Word is that it isn't serious.

Ward was lifted for a pinch-hitter in the 6th so I came up with none out and Tom O'Malley on 1st. I hit into a fielder's choice. No shock, I stole base #32 right away. With Chris Brown still up, I then stole 3rd for bag #33! Brownie singled and I crossed the plate.

Giants up 7-3

Pat Perry came in to pitch.

Mike Aldrete hit a solo homer in the 7th - his first of his career.

8-3 Giants

Perry was lifted for a pinch hitter after pitching one so Curt Brown was out there for the 7th. Pinch-hitter Chris Chambliss went deep for the Phils.

8-4 Giants

I led off the 8th against Steve Fireovid and hit what I thought was going to be a homer to right. The wind knocked it down, though, and I flew out to Raines.

In the 9th Aldrete hit a 2-run double. I made the 3rd out. 0 for 6. Ugh.

Giants up 10-4

Scott Garrett pitched the 9th for us.

On top of my poor hitting, I threw away what should have been the 3rd on on a Schu grounder. That is 8 errors for me.

It didn't change the final result as we won 10-4.

Tomorrow we have the struggling Jeff Robinson facing the hot Kevin Gross.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:21 PM   #66
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 22nd, 1985

In Philadelphia facing Kevin Gross who is 4-1 with a 2.44 ERA.
We are sending up Jeff Robinson who is 0-5 with a 7.11 ERA.

Time to turn things around?

I lead off the game by grounding out to Juan Samuel at 2nd.

We didn't score in the top half but the Phillies did better, with Rick Schu hitting a solo homer in the bottom half.
I took a pop up from Tim Raines for the 2nd out and grounder from Von Hayes for the 3rd.

Phillies lead 1-0

That lead did not stay intact for long as Terry Harper hit a two-run shot in the 2nd. I came up with two out and the bases empty and Gross struck me out to end the frame.

Giants up 2-1

I started a Priske - Oberkfell - Aldrete double play to get Barry Bonnell and Darren Daulton to end the inning.

In the 3rd I got more action, taking a grounder from Gross for the 2nd out.

In the 4th Harper hit his second homer of the game! I came up with two out and Aldrete on 2nd and Gross struck me out again.

Giants up 3-1

I got a Bonnell grounder in the bottom half, but the Phillies were pretty active, scoring twice before Daulton popped out to me to end it.

Tie game 3-3

Then came the 5th.

Chris Brown reached on error. Chili Davis walked. Rob Deer singles, scoring Brownie. Bob Brenly singled, scoring Chili. Kenny Oberkfell doubled, scoring Deer. Harper popped out. They walked Aldrete intentionally. Robinson flew out. I singled, scoring Brenly.

They finally lifted Gross for Marty Bystrom.

Brown singled, scoring Kenny O and Aldrete. Chili singled, scoring me. Deer flew out.

We scored seven times.

Giants up 10-3

They got one back in the bottom half after Aldrete dropped a throw from Kenny O, scoring Steve Jeltz on what would have been the 3rd out. I took grounder from Hayes to end things.

Giants lead 10-4

In the 6th I got another grounder by Bonnell for the 2nd out. After a Daulton double Frank Williams came it to relieve Robinson. He stranded Daulton.

I came up in the 7th with two out and nobody on. I struck out for the 3rd time today.

Pat Perry took the mound for us to start the bottom of the 7th. A couple of errors lead to the Phils scoring 3 times before Perry is pulled for Mark Davis.

Giants lead 10-7

Chili hits a solo homer in the 8th.

Giants lead 11-7

Juan Samuel hits a two-run shot off Mark Davis in the 8th. Then Don Baylor pinch-hits and hits a solo shot. The lead is down to one! Mark walks Tim Raines and Nestor lifts him for Ron Davis. He gets Hayes.

Giants lead 11-10

We don't score in the 9th so it is down to it. Three outs to go.

Ken Landreaux singled. Bonnell grounds to Chris Brown who gets Landreaux at 2nd. Fielder's choice. Ron walks Daulton and the tying run is now on 2nd. Jeltz hits a grounder and Oberkfell - Priske - Smith double play to end the game.

A nail biter but we are back to .500. 19-19

We have a travel day tomorrow and then we are back in my home country to face the Expos!

Old 05-09-2017, 03:31 PM   #67
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 24th, 1985

We are in Montreal!

I was more a Blue Jays fan than an Expos fan, but my grandfather will sure be watching this game!

We have Mike Krukow going and they have Ed Whitson. Good match-up!

Now I just have to start hitting.

I started off badly, striking out to lead things off.

I got into the act defensively early, taking a Pat Tabler grounder for the 2nd out of the bottom of the 1st.

In the 2nd I started a Priske - Oberkfell - Aldrete double play to get Al Cowens and Mickey Hatcher out.

I led off the 3rd by striking out again.

In the bottom of the frame Dale Murphy took Krukow deep with a man on. I got the 2nd out via a Tim Wallach grounder and the 3rd out via a Tim Flannery pop up.

Expos lead 2-0

I was up next in the 5th, with two out and Kenny O on 2nd. I grounded out to Flannery at 2nd... but he threw it past Tabler at 1st! Kenny O scored and I went to 2nd. Not as good as a hit, but I will take it.

Expos lead 2-1

We got a nice Oberkfell - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Murphy and Wallach to end the inning.

I also got the 1st out in the 6th off a Flannery grounder. Then another double play to end the 7th - this time it was Priske - Oberkfell - Aldrete to get Gary Matthews and Davey Concepcion.

I led off the 8th, now facing Greg Harris, and hit a nice single to left. Harris only faced me and was pulled for Gene Garber. You know what was coming. Everybody at State Olympique knew what was coming. Including the Expos who tried a pitchout on me but I outran it anyway. 34 for 36 in stolen bases. I then stole 3rd without Charlie Moore even making a throw. That is #35.

If only I was actually hitting. I would be stealing a lot more. As it is I am on pace for well over 100. More importantly, Chris Brown singled and I scored the tying run.

In the bottom of the 8th I snagged a Murphy grounder for the 2nd out.

Jeff Reardon came in for the Expos in the 9th and Nestor pulled Terry Harper for Tom O'Malley. That paid off as he singled. Eventually the bases were loaded with one out for... not me. Nestor went with John Castino.

That sucks, but I can't blame him. I am just not hitting.

Castino struck out but then Chris Brown knocked two in.

Giants up 4-2.

The Expos got one back in the bottom of the 9th but we still got the 4-3 win. Ron Davis got his 9th save and we were up to 20-19.

I just heard that my buddy Dave Linton is now pitching relief in AA Shreveport. He is doing well down there. Hopefully he can work his way back up.

And hopefully I don't see him on the way down.

Tomorrow we have Atlee Hammaker facing Bryn Smith.

Last edited by rpriske; 05-09-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:27 PM   #68
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 25th, 1985

In Montreal facing the Expos. Today we have Atlee Hammaker facing Bryn Smith. I feel like we have the edge here.

I lead off, as usual. Unfortunately, also as usual, I made the first out, popping up to Davey Concepcion at short.

In the bottom half I got the 2nd out, handling a Tim Wallach pop.

In the 3rd I came up with one out and Tom O'Malley on 2nd. I struck out.

I should have had the 2nd out in the bottom half, but the grounder I took from Dale Murphy ended with O'Malley dropping my throw to 1st. Error for Tom. That was costly as Murphy ended up scoring on an Al Cowens single with two out.

1-0 Expos

Rob Deer got it right back with a solo homer in the 4th.

Tied 1-1.

I got the first out in the bottom half by catching a foul pop by Mickey Hatcher. Another error, this time by Bob Brenly, led to a Concepcion sac fly to score Charlie Moore and give the lead back to Montreal.

2-1 Expos

In the 5th I came up with two out and O'Malley on 2nd. Smith threw a wild pitch past me and Tom moved to 3rd. I grounded out to Wallach at 3rd and left Tom there.

The bottom half went poorly as a series hits, and a passed ball, and a balk, gave Montreal two more runs.

4-1 Expos

I got the first out in the 6th, taking a Concepcion grounder. After Pat Table doubled, Nestor lifted Atlee for Frank Williams. He got out of it.

Williams was pinch hit for in the 7th, to no avail, so Mark Davis came in to pitch for us. He allowed one hit but I caught a pop by pinch hitter Tim Flannery to end the frame.

I led off the 8th, now facing Greg Harris and flew out to Murphy in centre. Chris Brown followed with a solo homer.

4-2 Expos

Tim Wallach hit a sac fly before I started a Priske - Oberkfell - O'Malley double play to get Murphy and Cowens to end the inning.

We went into the 9th down 5-2 facing Jeff Reardon.

It ended the same way.

We are 20-20. I am hitting .211. How can they keep me at lead-off.

How can they keep me on the roster?

(Well, I know the answer to the last one. They don't have a better option.)

Tomorrow we send up Terry Mulholland (2-2, 4,46) to face Bill Gullickson (4-3, 3.11)

Last edited by rpriske; 05-13-2017 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:56 PM   #69
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 26th, 1985

Another game in La Belle Province. We have Terry Mulholland facing Bill Gullickson.

I lead the game off the right way for a change, cracking a single to centre. Chris Brown followed with another single and I moved up to 2nd. Unfortunately Chili Davis damned near hit into a triple play, erasing me and Brownie.

In the bottom half Al Cowens hit and RBI single.

Expos up 1-0

In the 2nd I came up with Mulholland on 1st and two out. I grounded out to Tim Wallach at 3rd.

I grabbed a hot liner by Davey Concepcion for the 2nd out in the 2nd. Nice! Pat Tabler hit an RBI single after that, though.

Expos lead 2-0

The 3rd got worse. By the time Concepcion grounded out to me, Montreal had scored three times, including a Bill Gullickson triple.

Expos lead 5-0

In the 5th I came up with Tom O'Malley (who pinch hit for Terry) on 2nd and none out. I hit a trickle to 3rd but outran it for an infield hit. O'Malley moved to 3rd. Brownie followed with a single again and we were on the board. Chili hit into fielder's choice and I moved to 3rd. Rob Deer singled and I crossed!

Expos lead 5-2

Curt Brown took the mound. I took a Toby Harrah grounder for the 1st out and a Ticket Hatcher pop up for the 2nd out. Charlie Moore slipped one past me for a hit, though.

In the 6th Kenny O cracked a solo homer! I came up with two out and Mike Aldrete on 2nd. I popped out.

Expos lead 5-3

In the bottom half I got a Tabler grounder for the 2nd out and a Dale Murphy grounder for the 3rd.

In the 7th I bungled an easy grounder by Cowens. Error for me. I fixed the error by starting a Priske - Oberkfell - Aldrete double play on Harrah to end the inning.

I got the 3rd out in the 8th, catching a Rod Carew pop. (Carew!)

Greg Harris pitched the 9th for Montreal. Aldrete and Sixto Lezcano got on and Nestor pulled me for John Castino. Sigh.

We lost 5-3. Back below .500

Another game in Montreal tomorrow.

We have the struggling Jeff Robinson and the Expos have the sharp Andy McGaffigan.

Oh. All-Star voting starts today. Will any Giant go? I doubt it.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:05 PM   #70
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 27th, 1985

Jeff Robinson vs Andy McGaffigan
Giants vs Expos

I started off the game by... striking out. Again.

Davy Concepcion led off the bottom of the 1st by singling past me. Grrr...
And then Pat Tabler hit one over my head. Is it going to be one of those days?
Thankfully Jeff pitched out of it.

The 2nd went better. Kenny Oberkfell knocked in Rob Deer and then Bob Brenly scored on a balk. I made the 3rd out with a fly ball.

Giants up 2-0

In the 3rd I made the 3rd out on the right side, catching a pop up by Dale Murphy.

I came up in the 5th with one out and Mike Aldrete on 1st. I struck out again.

In the bottom of the 5th McGaffigan grounded out to me for the 1st out.

In the 6th our lead vanished as Al Cowens hit one out with Tim Wallach on base. Robinson gave up another hit and Nestor went to Frank Williams (and Tom O'Malley for Chris Brown in a double switch). Frank got out of it.

TIED 2-2

I led off the 8th, now facing Gene Garber, by grounding out to Concepcion at short.

Scott Garrelts came it to pitch for us, still a tie game. He got through the 8th but in the 9th, a pair of pinch-hitters - Toby Harrah and Rod Carew - gave the Expos a walk-off 3-2 win.

We are down to 20-22

And I can't buy a hit.

Not for nothing but Chris Brown was named NL Player of the Week! Good on ya Brownie!

We got an off-day and then home vs the Mets. Ron Darling is coming to town. We have Mike Krukow. Darling shut us down last time.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:12 PM   #71
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 29th, 1985

Home against the Mets. Mike Krukow for us. Ron Darling for them.

Challenge time.

Mike got all three in the first and then it was my turn. No good. Grounder to Cesar Cedeno at 1st.

The Mets scored in the 3rd, on a two out throwing error by Chris Brown. Ouch. I got a Wally Backman liner for the 3rd out to minimize the damage.

Mets up 1-0.

I came up on the 3rd with one out and Krukow on 2nd. Darling struck me out.

The Mets scratched across another in the 4th, after a single, passed ball, balk, productive out. Ugh.

Mets lead 2-0

But we finally got on the board that inning! Terry Harper knocked in Rob Deer to get us back within one.

Mets up 2-1

I led off the bottom of the 5th... by striking out again. Thankfully it wasn't tall on me as Deer cracked a two-run homer!

Giants lead 3-2!

The lead was short lived. In the 6th I took a grounder from Larry Harndon for the 2nd out but there was no way I could stop Cedeno from scoring from 3rd.

Game tied 3-3

The Mets tried to get something going in the 7th. Krukow did a good job but ran out of gas. He got pulled for Mark Davis (in a double switch with John Rabb replacing Harper). Davis got out of it. The game was still tied.

I am not sure why the double switch as Nestor immediately pinch-hit for Rabb. I came up with none out and Tom O'Malley on 1st, now facing Greg Minton. The changed look helped as I singled to right, moving O'Malley to 3rd. Chris Brown grounded out but I moved to 2nd. They gave Chili the four-fingers salute and the bases were jacked. Deer flew out to right but O'Malley scored on the sac.

Giants lead 4-3

Nestor went for some defensive changes, pulling Deer and Chili for Eddie Vargas and Sixto Lezcano. O'Malley stayed in to play 1st and Aldrete moved to left. We better hold this because we downgraded the offence a lot.

Davis got two out before giving ups s ingle so in came Frank Williams (and another double switch as John Castino took over for Brown at 3rd. There are only three of us left playing the position was started the game at.) It worked Frank got the out.

We got some insurance in the bottom of the 8th. Kenny Oberkfell knocked Castino in from 2nd. O'Malley knocked Kenny O in. By the time I came up there was still none out and O'Malley was on 1st and Aldrete was on 3rd. They brought Jesse Orosco in to face me... and he served up my 3rd K of the game. Ken Smith pinch hit and scored Aldrete on a grounder.

Giants lead 7-3.

Ron Davis in to pitch the 9th. A little grounder by Wally Backman came my way for the 3rd out and we picked up a win over the tough Mets!

Tomorrow they are sending Dwight Gooden against Atlee Hammaker.

Old 05-21-2017, 11:07 AM   #72
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 30th, 1985

We've got Atlee Hammaker. The Mets have Dwight Gooden. A nice afternoon for a ballgame. Let's get it in.

On the first we turned a nice Oberkell - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Lenny Dykstra and Wally Backman.

I started off the bottom of the 1st nicely, dropping a ball into left, getting a single from Gooden. After Chris Brown popped out I was sent to the bench on a Chill Davis fielder's choice.

In the 3rd I came up with one out and nobody on. I smashed the ball over Dykstra's head in centre and picked up a double! I moved to 3rd on a Brown ground out and then scored on a single by Chili!

Giants up 1-0!

We held that lead until eh 5th, when the Mets scored two, including one off a bad throw by Chris Brown.

Mets lead 2-1.

I came up that inning with two out and the bases empty. I flew out to Larry Herndon in left.

In the 6th Chili scored on a Bob Brenly grounder to tie things up.

Tied 2-2.

In the 7th I came up with two out and Mike Aldrete on 1st. Gooden struck me out.

Nestor had lifted Atlee for a pinch hitter so Scott Garrelts took over for us in the 8th. He get through that frame and then in the 9th I had my first defensive play, catching a pop off the bat of William Max for the 2nd out.

The Mets turned to Jesse Orosco to hold us in the 9th and push the game to extras. He was successful.

In the 10th I took a Backman grounder for the 2nd out.

In the bottom half I was scheduled to come up with one out and John Castino, who had just pinch hit for Garrelts, on 1st. Nestor went with John Rabb.

I guess the two hits I already had today don't mean anything.

Even worse, after we didn't score that put Tom O'Malley at short.

We did pull it off, though, with Rob Deer hitting a two-run homer in the 11th to give us a 4-2 win.

Ron Davis ended up with the win.

22-22

After the game Rabb was sent to Phoenix and Fran Mullins was called up.

They pinch hit for me with someone they then sent down?

The Phillies come in tomorrow. Two pitchers who are struggling a bit with Terry Mulholland going for us and Joe Niekro for them.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:49 PM   #73
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 31st, 1985

The Phillies are in town and they are putting Joe Niekro (2-3, 6.10). We are answering with Terry Mulholland (2-3, 5.13)

I led off the bottom of the 1st by singling to left. I tried to steal 2nd on a 1-0 count but they pitched out and caught me dead. Later that inning Chris Brown scored on a Terry Harper sac fly.

Giants up 1-0.

In the 2nd I got the 1st out by taking a Von Hayes grounder.

I came up that inning with two out and Tom O'Malley on 2nd. I lined out to Tim Raines in left.

I got the first out again in the 3rd, this time a Niekro grounder.

I came up that inning with two out and nobody on. I struck out but by that point we had scored SIX runs that frame.

Giants up 7-0!

And it is a good thing that happened because the Phils got three back in the 4th.

In the 5th... I made an error. A Craig Reynolds grounder that I should have made in my sleep. Grrr. That's my tenth error. They ended up getting 3 unearned runs. If we lose this game, it is my fault.

Giants lead 7-6.

I came up in the 5th, now facing Steve Fireovid, with Rob Deer on 1st and one out. I got robbed of a single by Hayes in centre.

Frank Williams came in to pitch for us in the 6th.

In the 7th we got two guys on ahead of me and Nestor lifted me for Mike Aldrete. He didn't get a hit but we did score two that inning,

We ended up winning 9-6.

23-22

Old 05-22-2017, 06:51 PM   #74
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

A lot happened after that game!

Brian Harper and John Rabb were both called up from Phoenix.

Mike Aldrete and Fran Mullins were sent down.

What is with the guy who pinch-hits for me being sent down? That is two in a row.

I am pretty surprised about Mike.

Last edited by rpriske; 05-22-2017 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:03 PM   #75
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 1st, 1985

Today the Phillies are sending Kevin Gross (4-3, 3.21) against Jeff Robinson (1-5, 6.06)

We have our work cu tout of run, but we have won 3 in a row, so let's go!

Things started off bad right away as Juan Samuel hit a lead-off homer.

Phillies lead 1-0

I lead off the bottom half by grounding out to Mike Schmidt at 3rd. Chili Davis did a little better, smacking a two-run homer.

Giants up 2-1!

I got the 1st out in the 3rd, taking a Rick Schu grounder for the play. I made a nice play to end the inning as well, cutting off a throw from the outfield to gun down Tim Raines trying to turn a single into a double. Unfortunately they got a run.

Game tied 2-2

I lead of the 3rd by grounding out to Juan Samuel at 2nd.

In the 4th Philadelphia grabbed the lead when Von Hayes knocked a solo shot over the fence. They got another in the 5th when Craig Reynolds hit an RBI triple.

Phillies lead 4-2

I came up that inning with two out and nobody on. I grounded out to Schu at 1st.

Schmidt grounded to me to start off the 6th. In the 7th Jeff Robinson ran out of gas and Nestor handed the ball to Mark Davis. I got the 3rd out by taking a Don Baylor grounder.

In the 8th Mike Schmidt showed off his power with a solo homer taking Mark deep.

Phillies lead 5-2

I came up in the 8th with one out and none on. I grounded out to Schu again.

Scott Garrelts came in to pitch the 9th. He did his job but we were only able to scratch one run across before running out of outs.

We lost 5-3.

Another move after the game. Jeff Leonard was activated from the D.L.
Terry Harper was Designated.

In baseball it is a good idea not to get too attached to people.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:21 PM   #76
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 2nd, 1985

We have a good match-up today. The Phillies are sending Don Sutton (3-4, 5.06) against Colin Ward (2-1, 2.51)

I went 0 for 3 against Sutton last time.

Yesterday Samuel started out with a homer. Today he popped out to me. Better start.

I lead off our half with a pretty bogus strikeout. Apparently Sutton gets the 'vet's strike zone'.

In the 3rd I came up with John Castino on 2nd and two out. I grounded out to Juan Samuel at 2nd... but he bungled it. I was safe on the error and John moved to 3rd.

The I got thrown out trying to steal. For the 3rd out. With a man on 3rd. There is no excuse for that. I never should have tried.

In the 6th I came up with Colin Ward on 1st and one out. Sutton struck me out.

Unmentioned in all this is that Ward pitched six PERFECT innings until walked Samuel to lead off the 7th. Samuel got thrown out trying to steal so when I caught the liner by Tim Raines for the 3rd out, Ward ha still faced the minimum through 7.

In the bottom of the 7th Rob Deer hit a solo homer, putting us up 1-0 (an the was then lifted for Eddie Vargas. Defensive replacement.)

You could see Ward dragging out there in the 8th but Nestor left him in until Ken Landreaux picked up a hit. With the no-hitter off the table, Ron Davis got the nod to try and save thing for Ward-o. It looked bad until Nestor's previous move paid off. With one out and the bases loaded, Darren Daulton hit a fly ball to deep centre. Mike Schmidt tried to score on the sac fly but Eddie Vargas unleashed a perfect throw to gun him down.

Ronnie held on through the 9th and we picked up the 1-0 win!

Great game Colin Ward! One-hitter (with a little help!)

24-23

Hey, I saw an all-star voting update. Bob Brenly is running 3rd at catcher, though he has no chance of catching Gary Carter.

Speaking of Carter, the Expos are in town tomorrow.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:06 AM   #77
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 3rd, 1985

Today the Expos are sen ding up Ed Whitson (4-2, 2.00) and the Giants have Mike Krukow (5-3, 2.83). Should be a good one!

The games tarted off the way I like it, as I handled a nice grounder from Davey Concepcion and a nice pop up from Dale Murphy for the second out.

When I led off the bottom half, I outran a grounder to Whitson for an infield single. I then grabbed stolen base #36. Kenny Oberkfell singled and I scored!

Giants lead 1-0!

I lead off again in the 3rd and I blasted the ball, hitting the wall in centre. I legged out a triple! Kenny O walked and I scored on a sac fly by Chili Davis.

Giants up 2-0!

In the 4th I got the 1st out - a pop up by Toby Harrah, but with two out Whitson singled past we (I should have had it!) to score Tim Flannery from 2nd.

Giants up 2-1.

In the 5th the Expos got one on a Mickey Hatcher sac fly, and another on a Harrah single.

Expos lead 3-2.

I led off the 5th by lying out to Harrah in right.

If I thought missing tha Whitson grounder was bad, in the 6th I actually bungled an easy grounder by him. My 11th error. I erased it by then starting a Priske - Castino - O'Malley double play to get Whitson and Concepcion. Later that inning Murphy hit a two-run homer. I got a Tim Wallach fly to end things but by then...

Expos lead 5-2.

Tom O'Malley knocked Jeff Leonard in that inning to narrow the gap by one.

Expos lead 5-3.

In the 7th I came up with one out and nobody on. I singled to centre. That was followed by stolen base #37. Just like in the 1st, Kenny O singled me home.

Expos lead 5-4

Scott Garrelts took the mound for us in the 8th. I got a pop up from pinch-hitter Rod Carew for out #2

In the 9th I was due up with Chris Brown representing the tying run at 1st and nobody out. But despite going 3 for 4 today, Nestor went with Ken Smith.

Not happy.

We did not score. We lost.

Record 24-24

I have understood Nestor wanting to pull me in other games. Today? I am not happy.

Old 05-28-2017, 11:33 AM   #78
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 4th, 1985

The Expos are sending up Bryn Smith (5-4, 3.81). We are answering with Atlee Hammaker (4-4, 2.30)

Good match-up.

I was unhappy with Nestor pinch hitting for me yesterday. Time to prove he was wrong.

I started things off well defensively, snagging a Dave Concepcion liner for the first out.

In the bottom of the 1st, I buckled down and hit a ball to deep centre. It went to the fence and I legged out a double. Kenny Oberkfell grounded out but I moved up to 3rd. After Chili popped out, Rob Deer doubled and I crossed.

Giants up 1-0!

It didn't stop there. In the 2nd John Castino knocked Jeff Leonard in from 2nd. I came up with one out and Tom O'Malley on 3rd and Castino on 2nd. I hit what looked like a sac fly but Dale Murphy made a beautiful throw to get O'Malley going home.

Giants up 2-0.

And STILL it didn't stop. In the 3rd Chili Davis was singled home by Jeff Leonard.

Giants up 3-0!

In the top of the 4th Concepcion hit it to me again Ground out.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and nobody on. I singled to centre. With Kenny O up I stole my 38th AND 39th bases. Kenny grounded out and I crossed for the 2nd time.

4-0 Giants!

The Expos got on the board int he 5th, pushing one across before I got the 2nd out, nailing Mickey Hatcher at 2nd on a Razor Shines fielder's choice.

Giants lead 4-1

I also got the 2nd out in the 6th, handling a Pat Tabler grounder.

I lead off the bottom half by striking out against Smith.

In the 7th Tim Wallach led off with a solo homer.

Giants still lead 4-2

In the 8th Atlee had reached his limit so Nestor brought in Ron Davis (and Brian Harper for Jeff Leonard in a double switch.) Ron let his inherited runner score.

Giants up 4-3. It is getting awfully close...

I came up with one out and nobody on, now facing Vern Ruhle. I grounded out to Tim Flannery at 2nd but he booted it. I reached on an error. I then, of course, took full advantage and grabbed stolen base #40. I moved to 3rd on a Kenny O ground out, but Chili flied out and I was left there.

Gary Matthews led off the 9th as a pinch hitter and ground out to me. One down. Mickey Hatcher then hit a line drive... to me. Two down. Ron Davis nicked Razor Shines so he went to 1st. Then the same happened to Flannery. (Iffy call. He leaned into it.) Ron struck out Davey Concepcion to end it.

We won 4-3.

(And I got two hits, scored twice and stole 3 bases.)

25-24

Fran Mullins was recalled after the game with John Rabb going back down.
Terry Harper was assigned to AAA, Phoenix.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:34 PM   #79
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 5th, 1985

The Expos are sending Bill Gullickson (5-4, 3.21) out there. The Giants will have Terry Mulholland (3-3, 5.16)

I went 2 for 4 vs Gully. Works for me.

The game started out the way I like it - Davey Concepcion grounded out to me. Then Pat Tabler lined out to me. Good inning.

Things looked good to start the bottom half but Tim Wallach made a diving catch and my hard hit ball to get me out.

I almost got revenger int he top of the 2nd but Wallach outran the grounder for a single. He ended up scoring, too. I did take a liner from Charlie Moore and picked off Toby Harrah on 2nd for a nice double play.

Expos lead 1-0

In the 3rd Gullickson led off with a triple and later scored.

Expos lead 2-0

Montreal kept it going in the 4th as Moore knocked in Harrah.

Expos lead 3-0

I lead off the 4th with Gullickson still not allowing a base-runner. I grounded out to Concepcion at short. Kenny Oberkfell ruined the perfect game with a single, but we still didn't score.

Everything fell apart in the 5th. Terry allowed 3 runs and five runners without getting an out before Nestor turned things over to Curt Brown. He induced a pop up from Mickey Hatcher which I caught. I also handled a Concepcion grounder for the third out but Montreal scored again first.

Expos lead 7-0

We got some back that inning, including an RBI single by me.

Expos lead 7-2

Frank Williams took over pitching duties for us in the 6th. I got the 3rd out on an Al Cowens grounder.

Brian Harper knocked one in for us that inning.

Expos lead 7-3

In the 7th I got out #2 on a grounder by Hatcher.

I came up with two out and nobody on. I grounded out to Wallach at third.

Pat Perry took over mound duties in the 8th. I got the 3rd out on a Dale Murphy grounder.

I was busy on defense today.

I started out the 9th by taking a Wallach grounder. A Child Davis throwing error turned into another Montreal run. They ended up getting two before I took a Tabler grounder for out #3.

Expos lead 9-3

That's how it ended.

Back to 25-25

Day off tomorrow as we travel to Houston.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:51 AM   #80
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 7th, 1985

We landed in Houston and are ready to go!

The Astros are pitching Bert Blyleven (5-3, 3.01). We are sending out Jeff Robinson (1-6, 5.98). A bit of a mismatch.

On the road means I get to start things off. Today that meant being struck out by the wily vet.

I came up again in the 3rd with two out and John Castino on 2nd. I popped out to Bill Doran at 2nd.

I made my first defensive play in the 4th - a simple groundout by Jerry Mumphrey.

In the 5th Castino got his second hit, and it was a solo shot to left centre.

Giants lead 1-0!

In the bottom half the Astros finally got their first hit... and it was also a solo homer, this one by Jose Cruz. The next batter was Doug DeCinces and he grounded out to me.

Game tied 1-1.

I led off the 6th by grounding out to Doran. Before the inning was up, though, Kenny Oberkfell and Child Davis had crossed on RBI hits by Bob Brenly and Jeff Leonard.

Giants lead 3-1!

I got a bit of revenge on Doran that inning, but taking a grounder from him for the 2nd out. An error by Robinson allowed Terry Puhl to score before we got the 3rd out.

Giants lead 3-2.

Nestor pitch hit for me in the 7th.

The SEVENTH.

We went on to win 4-2.

Nice game for Jeff Robinson. Not so nice for me.

26-25. 2 games behind the Dodgers. 1,5 behind the Reds. Tied with the Padres.