Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

View Poll Results: I'd Like OOTP Developments To Make A Game Based On ________
American Football 90 78.95%
Global Football (Soccer) 8 7.02%
Rugby Football 5 4.39%
Australian Football 4 3.51%
Cricket 7 6.14%
Lacrosse 5 4.39%
Basketball 36 31.58%
Golf 8 7.02%
Tennis 7 6.14%
Ping Pong 3 2.63%
Volleyball 2 1.75%
Car Racing 12 10.53%
Horce Racing 10 8.77%
MMA 6 5.26%
Other (see thread) 5 4.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #21
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

I voted for American football and basketball. I am a huge fan of WS's PB3, but the game is just so unstable that it is sickening.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #22
gglennwill
Minors (Triple A)

Would love to see....

1. Tennis. Would be great to have a stable of players playing in different tournaments on different surfaces, etc.
2. Car Racing. Would be really fun to watch your car with the pitstops, etc.
3. American Football, although there are already some good games out there.
I would also like some of the Olympic sports like gymnastics, the various ski racing, and so on. Maybe even a comprehensive Olympics game with several sports.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #23
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Markus turned down the idea of developing an American Football game because he lacked the desire and knowledge to do so. A respectable position, of course.

Yet, I keep wondering whether it would ever be possible for Markus to "franchise" the project to somebody who does have the desire and knowledge, giving him or her a head start by lending portions of the OOTPB program and GUI that could be adapted for football while maintaining aesthetic guidance and control.

Maybe I'm in the dark? Maybe this is the very development paradigm being utilized for Franchise Hockey Manager? I don't know.

Well, I'm glad Markus is a young fellow who has many years ahead of him to change his mind about an OOTPD American Football game. I will continue to dream.

- Bru

Old 10-11-2013, 12:00 AM   #24
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gglennwill View Post
1. Tennis. Would be great to have a stable of players playing in different tournaments on different surfaces, etc.
2. Car Racing. Would be really fun to watch your car with the pitstops, etc.
3. American Football, although there are already some good games out there.
I would also like some of the Olympic sports like gymnastics, the various ski racing, and so on. Maybe even a comprehensive Olympics game with several sports.
Car racing.

We haven't had a good F1 manager in ages.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:34 AM   #25
themonk
Minors (Triple A)

Basketball.

The only game that I actually played as young man among all the sports text sims that I'm currently playing (golf, baseball, & basketball). Played for my high school team as a center-forward.

Now playing and enjoying Wolverine Studios's Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 3 (DDS:PB3). Quite happy with it.

But how I wish it had the polish, customizability, and flexibility of OOTP...

Last edited by themonk; 10-11-2013 at 04:41 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #26
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

I'd Like To See OOTP Devs Make A Game Based On (Fill in the Blank)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonk View Post
Now playing and enjoying Wolverine Studios's Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 3 (DDS:PB3). Quite happy with it.

But how I wish it had the polish, customizability, and flexibility of OOTP...
Amen! If PB3 was an OOTP product that game would be absolutely amazing!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #27
Tib
All Star Reserve

Horse racing. I've searched for sims out there, but none seem to have the polish or fulfill the potential of a good horse racing management sim.

Many have the basics, but require registration and even subscription - and the money they ask for isn't worth the simple graphics and lack of depth.

The potential for online races with custom bred horses from different players is very cool. The breeding aspect is underdeveloped. There is no sense of continuity in these games like you get with baseball leagues on OOTP.

It could be structured very much like OOTP. You literally have a farm system where you raise potential superstars, only these stars are bred by you based on genetic factors that can be set up to produce foals of different ability, etc. They are named by you as well, and carry certain genetic "ratings", just like OOTP.

You hire a manager (trainer) to oversee the breeding or training like you would hire coaches for your farm system. You can travel the country with your "team" of racehorses, competing in stakes races at other venues (all customizable) - just like a league or baseball division. You have injuries, contracts, race strategy, cutom colors and designs for your stable - all just like OOTP.

And part of the fun would be to set up your race, click a button, and watch the race unfold. Oh, the suspense!

And you could call it Out Of The Gate.

Anyway, that's my 0.02.

Last edited by Tib; 10-11-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #28
iamcline
Minors (Rookie Ball)

American Football!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #29
kingcharlesxii
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
IIRC it's now just called "Ultimate" for trademark reasons, but I'm just pedantic lol.
Yeah, that's correct but it hasn't really caught on yet with that name.

There's pro leagues now so I'm hoping for a detailed management sim tomorrow!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #30
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Racing.

Just thinking about a racing management sim with the flexibility of OOTP is making me drool.

Last edited by shawa666; 10-14-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #31
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawa666 View Post
Racing.

Just thinking about a racing management sim with the flexibility of OOTP is making me drool.

This would be great! It would have to have a financial component, of course.

I'd also love to see a rugby management sim. But I do not need 2D or 3D graphics.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Old 10-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #32
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

I too would love a racing game.

Formula 1, GT series or Rally racing would be fantastic.
Hell, I would even enjoy a stock car racing sim.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #33
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post

A GT / Touring Car game would be awesome!

Old 10-20-2013, 01:18 AM   #34
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Obviously, we need OOTP Water Polo.

No, better: OOTP Wheelchair Basketball!

Nonono! Now I'm sure: OOTP Wheelchair Water Basketball!

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:59 AM   #35
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post

The beauty with OOTPD engines is their flexibility.

I'm pretty sure that If say Marcus were to have someone build a racing management game for say F1, it would be flexible enough to adapt to almost every series.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #36
dmytron

If we could help them with programming...

Old 10-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #37
MrMuse
Minors (Double A)

I would love to see a Rugby management game that works but I honestly don't think that will ever happen. Soooo - looking at what is currently available in the American Football market all we have are two very amateurish programs: Front Office Football and Football Mogul. Neither game has a good interface, any graphics engine, any audio worth mentioning, and both have very limited play-by-play commentary.

Football Mogul is nice but very limited in scope whilst FOF is badly presented, convoluted, and confusing to all but die-hard fans.

There is a HUGE gap in the market for a good product of this type and SOMEONE seriously needs to take advantage of it.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #38
MrMuse
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Markus turned down the idea of developing an American Football game because he lacked the desire and knowledge to do so. A respectable position, of course.

Yet, I keep wondering whether it would ever be possible for Markus to "franchise" the project to somebody who does have the desire and knowledge, giving him or her a head start by lending portions of the OOTPB program and GUI that could be adapted for football while maintaining aesthetic guidance and control.

Maybe I'm in the dark? Maybe this is the very development paradigm being utilized for Franchise Hockey Manager? I don't know.

Well, I'm glad Markus is a young fellow who has many years ahead of him to change his mind about an OOTPD American Football game. I will continue to dream.
I agree 100% with this entire post.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #39
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morris View Post
Have you tried FM Classic? It is basically a stripped down version of the game.
My understanding, from reading the SI boards, is that you have to buy the full, regular, grossly bloated version in order to get "classic," and that you then have to "unlock" certain features of "classic" like the can't-get-fired option--a feature I was begging for [and getting flamed for requesting] 10 years ago.

That's just silly. I don't know what I would need to do to "unlock" the "classic" version, but the whole idea is just dumb.

If someone would make a soccer management sim as sophisticated as, say, OOTP5 or the freeware Eastside Hockey Manager, I would buy it instantly, for the same price other people are paying for overdone, impossible-to-play-in-a-human-lifetime monsters like FM.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs

Last edited by Antonin; 10-21-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #40
MrMuse
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
My understanding, from reading the SI boards, is that you have to buy the full, regular, grossly bloated version in order to get "classic," and that you then have to "unlock" certain features of "classic" like the can't-get-fired option--a feature I was begging for [and getting flamed for requesting] 10 years ago.

That's just silly. I don't know what I would need to do to "unlock" the "classic" version, but the whole idea is just dumb.

If someone would make a soccer management sim as sophisticated as, say, OOTP5 or the freeware Eastside Hockey Manager, I would buy it instantly, for the same price other people are paying for overdone, impossible-to-play-in-a-human-lifetime monsters like FM.
I have played hundreds of seasons in FM over the years. "impossible to play in a human lifetime"? I think not. You need to auto play some games to get through quickly in the EXACT SAME WAY you wont play through OOTP seasons quickly without skipping here and there. And the classic version is just a part of the game. You select it from the start menu. So I really don't know what you guys are talking about with this nonsense about unlocks. And I can understand why you got flamed for the "not get fired" thing. What is the point of being a manager if your actions have NO consequences for you as a player? As you pointed out...the game is not small...you don't get fired for losing one game...you have more than enough time to learn the game without being fired....oh..and that GAME dropdown menu..you know? the one with "save" on it. That there is your "don't get fired" option.

Last edited by MrMuse; 10-22-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Closed Thread