Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Offseason Discount! SAVE 50%!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #81
Cornelius McGillicuddy
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Playing the inside game
Posts: 763
Thanks: 35
Thanked 100x in 60 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich12545
Steve, it's hard for me to read all that stuff on a computer screen so I'm printing the guide. I finished to page 230 when I had to stop and order more color ink. Could you please post the changes made prior to this page so I can print that also and add it to the end? Thanks, Rich.
I guess this was missed so I thought I'd give it a bump.
Cornelius McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:32 AM   #82
battists
Hall Of Famer
 
battists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,502
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 159
Thanked 1,578x in 639 posts
The Customization Guide has been updated. See the first post in this thread for more information!

(Oh, and I responded to rich12545 via PM, just so you don't think I'm ignoring him! )
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:34 PM   #83
MadMax58
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 266
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
In the Game Guide...page 258. Under the "Doctor" heading, both far right boxes say to "See X for more information".

I assume this was meant to be a hyperlink, but was missed.

Just figured you'd want it pointed out to correct at some point.

-Steve
MadMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:17 PM   #84
battists
Hall Of Famer
 
battists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,502
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 159
Thanked 1,578x in 639 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax58
In the Game Guide...page 258. Under the "Doctor" heading, both far right boxes say to "See X for more information".


Got it, thanks.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:38 AM   #85
D Love
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 908
Thanks: 5
Thanked 8x in 3 posts
I must say, the most enjoyable part of the game for me thus far has been printing the 360 pages on the managing partner's color laser printer and then having the duplicating dept. spiral bind the treatise, so that I have a handy little book now.
D Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:33 AM   #86
battists
Hall Of Famer
 
battists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,502
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 159
Thanked 1,578x in 639 posts
Version 1.2 of the Customization Guide is now available. I've added player photo customization instructions, including how to get rid of the pesky default player photo!

Use the link in the first post in this thread.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:34 AM   #87
battists
Hall Of Famer
 
battists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,502
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 159
Thanked 1,578x in 639 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp
Hmmm, I followed the instructions on how to change the default player photo and it didn't work for me. Oddly, it's still using the original photo despite the fact that I renamed it in all 3 skins. You'd think, at a minimum, it would show NO photo if it didn't like the new one I'm trying to use.
Kemp, could you post about this over in the photos forum? We can figure it out over there, rather than turn this thread into a troubleshooting one...

Thanks!

Steve
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:13 PM   #88
tysok
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12x in 6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by battists
including how to get rid of the pesky default player photo!
Cool... it's been a little disconcerting to see everyone look like they're on heavy drugs... and other things that might not be politically correct.

As a side note, isn't he a little blurry? Maybe the famous "blurred vision" career ending injury happened to US!
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:56 AM   #89
kagnew35
All Star Starter
 
kagnew35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Las Vegas, Nev
Posts: 1,967
Thanks: 184
Thanked 58x in 14 posts
guide updated?

No posts here for a while so must ask, is the guide fully updated?
__________________
Elder Statesman of the Board

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:18 AM   #90
M's rule
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Seattle
Posts: 873
Thanks: 6
Thanked 42x in 30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagnew35
No posts here for a while so must ask, is the guide fully updated?
Based on the number of changes the game has undergone since its initial release, I'd say the Game Guide needs a lot of updating. I know Steve realizes this, but he's currently on vacation, and I think it would be smart to hold off on any new release of the GG until we're sure that OOTP2006 is a done deal.
M's rule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:05 AM   #91
Andreas Raht
Administrator
 
Andreas Raht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Hollern/Stade/Germany
Posts: 8,840
Thanks: 858
Thanked 4,833x in 1,563 posts
Will be added to the manual

"Make Backup"

- Saves the current database to get .dat files which are up-to-date
- Makes a list of all files with extension ".dat" which are in the current leagues saved game folder
- Creates a date-stamped folder named like backup_2006_07_22__17_03_56
- Copies all .dat files from the saved game folder into this folder

To restore a backup, just copy all these files back into the saved game folder.

You should delete the old folders from time to time since they will use disk space.

This message will be displayed after making the backup: "The key (.dat) files from your game have been copied to a date-stamped backup folder inside your saved game folder.
Note: This process only backs up the basic game files (.dat). For maximum safety, you should always perform regular backups of your full saved_game directory."

A hidden feature:

Add the following lines to the file /data/config/app:

max_number_of_backups
10

This will tell OOTP to delete the oldest backups and to keep no more than 10 backups saved. You can use any value from 3 to 1000. 0 means not to delete any backups (default setting).
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:51 AM   #92
Cooker
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 592
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht
"Make Backup"

- Saves the current database to get .dat files which are up-to-date
- Makes a list of all files with extension ".dat" which are in the current leagues saved game folder
- Creates a date-stamped folder named like backup_2006_07_22__17_03_56
- Copies all .dat files from the saved game folder into this folder

To restore a backup, just copy all these files back into the saved game folder.

You should delete the old folders from time to time since they will use disk space.

This message will be displayed after making the backup: "The key (.dat) files from your game have been copied to a date-stamped backup folder inside your saved game folder.
Note: This process only backs up the basic game files (.dat). For maximum safety, you should always perform regular backups of your full saved_game directory."

A hidden feature:

Add the following lines to the file /data/config/app:

max_number_of_backups
10

This will tell OOTP to delete the oldest backups and to keep no more than 10 backups saved. You can use any value from 3 to 1000. 0 means not to delete any backups (default setting).
Thanks, Andreas. This is VERY helpful for those of us who aren't computer-whizzes. The backup features (and the explanation) are much appreciated.
Cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:38 PM   #93
Tycobbler
All Star Starter
 
Tycobbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 20 minutes from Comerica Park
Posts: 1,875
Thanks: 237
Thanked 84x in 53 posts
well i guess that tops it off then

copy paste time
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:43 PM   #94
HercMighty
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 111
Thanks: 8
Thanked 8x in 7 posts
Is this in the works to being updated? I don't want to print until I know this is it.

Thanks
HercMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:43 PM   #95
bp_
Hall Of Famer
 
bp_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,804
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 246
Thanked 65x in 36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HercMighty
Is this in the works to being updated? I don't want to print until I know this is it.

Thanks
I wouldn't print it yet. I'd guess Steve is planning to update it.
__________________
Commish: Over The Mound
bp_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:40 PM   #96
battists
Hall Of Famer
 
battists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,502
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 159
Thanked 1,578x in 639 posts
Update planned, but not scheduled for completion any time in the next week or two...

The next update will likely be the last one, though.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:13 AM   #97
M's rule
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Seattle
Posts: 873
Thanks: 6
Thanked 42x in 30 posts
Hey Steve, welcome back!
M's rule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:51 AM   #98
Cornelius McGillicuddy
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Playing the inside game
Posts: 763
Thanks: 35
Thanked 100x in 60 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Hi!

I was just wondering how the finishing of the customization manual was coming along.
Cornelius McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:28 PM   #99
devere
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Exclamation where is the bullpen when i need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn
This is just an insanely awesome manual. THANK YOU
All very well. but i am having problems with OOTP 6.5 How do i contact customer support.

I am very dissapointed with 2006. it looks good but in game changes like choosing relievers is too long winded. and what happened to bull pen warm up. i am disgusted that this option has been discarded. Even worse, having no historical records and a bunch of fictional players. I prefer to stick with 6.5 and write off 2006.

Please put me in touch with customer support.

Paul
devere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:49 PM   #100
battists
Hall Of Famer
 
battists's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,502
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 159
Thanked 1,578x in 639 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by devere
All very well. but i am having problems with OOTP 6.5 How do i contact customer support.

I am very dissapointed with 2006. it looks good but in game changes like choosing relievers is too long winded. and what happened to bull pen warm up. i am disgusted that this option has been discarded. Even worse, having no historical records and a bunch of fictional players. I prefer to stick with 6.5 and write off 2006.

Please put me in touch with customer support.

Paul
I believe for 6.5 you need to go here.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments