Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:09 AM   #41
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

sounds like you need to just play the single player version dude, you cant seem to handle losing and competition very well.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:09 AM   #42
The_Savage_1
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
Wrong..You give me to opportunity to get the best card or near the best card at every position I'll win 99 out of 100 leagues in Perfect leagues. But my point would be ?????
I think somebody who fails to grasp that the real life stats of a card are never going to be repeated when they are playing against players that were far superior to those that the stats were generated against is also going to fail at most things in this game.
The_Savage_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:13 AM   #43
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I agree that it is kinda silly to have a bullpen of all ace starters or guys playing positions perfectly well that they never played in their life. I hope it's something they work to address in future editions.

However you are masking your good points with your ignorance and insufferableness about everything else.
Certainly the pitchers are at least capable of pitching out of the bullpen. Just my point of view. I think that's different than the infielder over-generalization.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #44
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Brings up another point...

PT is not realistic baseball.

Although the field game is the same realistic game we've all played for years, the "organizational" part of the game is totally removed from reality.

We collect baseball cards, we build teams from what cards we can get free or purchase with either real money or achievement points, we sell players but don't trade them, we organize leagues based on previous results, and we (or more precisely OOTP) allows $1000.+ teams to play against F2P teams at the highest level of the game.

Once there, the F2P teams are basically cannon-fodder and continued interest wains...

Maybe it's OOTP's fault for thinking we were all going to be a happy family win or lose; maybe it was our fault for expecting too much; but the result is we have an "imperfect" game - a game that needs to find a way to appeal to both kinds of players or ultimately find itself only catering to thick wallets.

Having said that, I love the classic OOTP game, and wish Perfect Team was more fun than it is - but next version I'll try and find some way to play for free and NOT get promoted to insignificance.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:19 PM   #45
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
No he don't get promoted...I've seen thim around a long time. League is finalized the day I see I'm in same league as them. I guess I'm just in the minority here by hoping some teams would realize no money is won. Playing in competitive leagues is really freaking awesome, but knowing league is already determined is quiet a bummer & no motivation to really try
Small update: I took the series, four games to one, with a 100% zero budget pack team, two seasons old.

Proves nothing, but it was good for a gloat.

Grand slam off his Perfect Cole.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:40 PM   #46
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

He lost intentionally in order to not get promoted then rack up points all season again this week. Should have reported the team.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:13 PM   #47
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
He lost intentionally in order to not get promoted then rack up points all season again this week. Should have reported the team.
That's possible, of course, but I didn't notice any lineup shennanigans. And his rotatation was considerably better than mine.

I just don't take any Series at all seriously, the results are always essentially random (even in MLB).

And it's Iron. For double-plus randomness.6

My explanation is much simpler (in honor of Occam's Razor)--I out-homered him by two to one.

Last edited by Lemandria; 11-11-2019 at 01:16 PM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:18 PM   #48
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
Brings up another point...

PT is not realistic baseball.

Although the field game is the same realistic game we've all played for years, the "organizational" part of the game is totally removed from reality.

We collect baseball cards, we build teams from what cards we can get free or purchase with either real money or achievement points, we sell players but don't trade them, we organize leagues based on previous results, and we (or more precisely OOTP) allows $1000.+ teams to play against F2P teams at the highest level of the game.

Once there, the F2P teams are basically cannon-fodder and continued interest wains...

Maybe it's OOTP's fault for thinking we were all going to be a happy family win or lose; maybe it was our fault for expecting too much; but the result is we have an "imperfect" game - a game that needs to find a way to appeal to both kinds of players or ultimately find itself only catering to thick wallets.

Having said that, I love the classic OOTP game, and wish Perfect Team was more fun than it is - but next version I'll try and find some way to play for free and NOT get promoted to insignificance.
The true issue this game faces has nothing to do with how a team is acquired and whether or not money was involved. The true issue is a MASSIVE discrepancy in competitiveness between teams that are allowed to be in the same league (most notably at perfect).

Conflating these two separate issues does little more than anger the whales needlessly. And as we have seen in numerous recent forum posts, otherwise valid arguments and ideas will be disregarded by people who are upset over how they were presented because we're all human (allegedly)

Segregating players on two sides of a paywall will not solve the very real issues of competitiveness.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:03 PM   #49
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
The true issue this game faces has nothing to do with how a team is acquired and whether or not money was involved. The true issue is a MASSIVE discrepancy in competitiveness between teams that are allowed to be in the same league (most notably at perfect).

Conflating these two separate issues does little more than anger the whales needlessly. And as we have seen in numerous recent forum posts, otherwise valid arguments and ideas will be disregarded by people who are upset over how they were presented because we're all human (allegedly)

Segregating players on two sides of a paywall will not solve the very real issues of competitiveness.
"Angering the Whales?"

What, pray tell, have I ever said that would anger a Whale? I have defended them and stated multiple times that they have every right to play the game as they wish.

My complaint is - SPECIFICALLY - that Whales are allowed to play on the same field as F2P teams. That, AND THAT ALONE, is why the game is so imbalanced and unfair to people without resources.

It has NOTHING to do with whether the Whales wish to spend $1000 for entertainment or not.

The problem with this game is that "high school" teams are forced to play against "MLB" teams, and the expectation is we're supposed to be "OK" with getting our butts kicked.

Old 11-11-2019, 03:18 PM   #50
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
My complaint is - SPECIFICALLY - that Whales are allowed to play on the same field as F2P teams. That, AND THAT ALONE, is why the game is so imbalanced and unfair to people without resources.
I look at this differently. F2P players are allowed to play on the same level as whales. This gives them the opportunity to reach the highest level in the game which, under your rules, would be closed to them. All players should be allowed to access all content.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:20 PM   #51
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post

That's a PRETTY fair & good point. But I mean, sometimes budgets do severely handicap or enable a player.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:59 PM   #52
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I look at this differently. F2P players are allowed to play on the same level as whales. This gives them the opportunity to reach the highest level in the game which, under your rules, would be closed to them. All players should be allowed to access all content.
I'm not saying that F2Ps shouldn't be allowed to play at the Perfect Level if they wish (or can) - what I'm trying to get across is that the "promotion/relegation" rules should be tightened up to a point where ONLY the best teams get to go up. It should be "hard" to get to the top.

With a true pyramid not constructed correctly and wildcards getting promoted on the luck of a few games, the upper levels end up being a mix of teams representing the top 50% of the quality scale. By definition, the top half of the pyramid should represent ~30% of the total number of teams. That would increase competitiveness in the upper levels.

For the bottom 70% of teams (most of them F2P) it would be a successful run if one got into Silver or Gold.

Last edited by HRBaker; 11-11-2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:01 PM   #53
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

I think a large portion of the player base would be fine with increased promotion/relegation numbers at PL to somewhere between 8 and 20 but its unlikely to happen anytime soon.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote