Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:54 PM   #1
drewandpedey
Minors (Double A)

Do you control a team in your fictional league?

Do you guys control a team, and try and win championships, or just let the game do what it does and see the products of the beauty you've created?
drewandpedey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:12 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

i play as GM. Let my manager do line-ups and pitching, let my Asst. Gm control move ups/demotions in the minors, but i control all trades, contracts ,etc., hiring and firing of personnel.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:56 PM   #3
battists
Hall Of Famer

I’m the opposite of mitchkenn. I control a team as manager but not GM, and write stories about my manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2018, 12:42 AM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

GM, field manager, pitching coach, chief bottle (uniform) washer and keeper of statistical purity. Several hundred seasons worth.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:16 PM   #5
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I GM and manage but mostly don't control things when playing out games (and I play/watch every single game my team plays in the regular season and, if we ever get there, the post-season.)
But my focus really isn't on winning. Not that I don't want to win. Of course that is the ultimate goal. But it isn't exclusively my focus and sometimes isn't even my main motivation. For me it's all about the stories, the developing history, the characters, the league evolution, etc. And if I have to choose between keeping a player I really like or making a move that is probably going to make my team more likely a winner, at least half of the time I might decide to keep the player I like and hope I can find another way to improve the team.

Having said that, losing is getting a bit old too. So still searching for the right balance that works for me. Still, narrative over pure results is the way for me.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:52 PM   #6
stevem810
All Star Starter

I am GM of the franchise and attend to drafting and all roster moves. I use a full staff to manage the team on a day to day basis. Every once in awhile, I'll get behind the bench and play a game in 3D batter by batter.

It seems a bit more dynamic when I have an active role with a team.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:05 PM   #7
pauwoo
Hall Of Famer

I’m team Mitchkenn on this one. For extra OOTP need points I sometimes score games manually while I watch the 3D simulation. For extra MLB nerd points, I score way too many Ms games manually per season during radio broadcasts. It gives me zen.
pauwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:22 AM   #8
Izz
Hall Of Famer

I'm currently playing as historian, though I also control expansion and adding additional leagues and that kind of thing. Unlike many, I play with league evolution on, though I uncheck a few boxes (expansion, DH, etc) to limit the changes the game can make on its own.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote