Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-17-2019, 12:57 PM   #41
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

August 10th thru August 17th, 1903 SIM

Sorry for the delay between the updating to 20.4.40 and having my two online leagues starting their drafts, and having opening days in 1924 and 1978.. I have been a little lax here... Will be gettin back to it now...

Ramrods at 65-49 hold a slim one game lead over the Atlantic City Rollers. In fact all 4 Divisions in RABA are currently quite tight. In the Chadwick leagues other Division (Spalding) the Worcester Riders have a 1 game lead over the Southampton Sea Horses…

Over in the Doubleday League in the Reach Division the Viper Snakes are leading the Chattanooga Cho Choo’s by a half game, and in the Wilson Division the Skidaway Island Divers hold a one game lead over the Cape Corel Starfish…

FYI almost the cities that teams play in throughout RABA and sub-leagues have a special meaning to me, either I lived there, worked there, have family/friends there, etc….

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

22-year-old Jeff Burroughs sent shock waves through Ratified American Baseball Association last week with an eye-popping performance that brought him the Chadwick League Player of the Week Award. A newcomer to the league, Burroughs made the establishment sit up and take notice, punishing opposing pitchers with a .458 average, 11 hits in 24 at-bats, 2 home runs and 6 runs batted in. Where the Worcester Riders left fielder goes from here, only the baseball gods know for sure, but Burroughs certainly made his mark last week. So far this season Burroughs has put up a .280 batting average with 99 hits, 20 home runs and 55 RBIs.

Mike Pagliarulo has the tools to stick in this league for many years. The 22-year-old third baseman of the Viper Snakes had a hot bat in the Doubleday League over the past seven days and won the Player of the Week honors. Pagliarulo batted .571 with 8 hits in 14 at-bats, 3 home runs and 7 RBIs. This year Pagliarulo has batted at a .277 pace with 62 hits, 16 home runs, 37 RBIs and scored 27 times.

KEY INJURIES:
No Key Injuries this SIM…

NOTES:

Some Great Pitching in back to back games by Oswalt and Seaver…

Oswalt Brilliant, Blanks Rockers
Sunday, August 16th, 1903
Roy Oswalt was in a zone of his own most of the day, shutting out the Winchester Rockers on 4 hits. "He was too darn good for us today," grumbled Winchester manager O P Caylor after the 4-0 loss to the Huntington Station Ramrods. Oswalt finished with 7 strikeouts and 3 walks in a strong outing. In the postgame press conference, Huntington Station manager Fred Rocker said Oswalt "had good velocity, good movement and had those guys off balance. He just pitched his butt off." In 31 starts this year Oswalt has fashioned a 15-8 record and a 2.38 ERA.
Seaver Whitewashes Ocean City
Saturday, August 15th, 1903
Huntington Station Ramrods hurler Tom Seaver was at his best as he whitewashed the Ocean City Islanders 3-0 today. "He just kept the ball down, did a good job, made his pitches," said Ocean City manager Jim Gifford. "We didn't do a good job making adjustments, so we helped him out a little bit." Seaver fired a 1-hitter and totaled 8 strikeouts and 1 walk in the shutout performance. Over the season Seaver has thrown 189 innings and dished out 138 strikeouts with a 13-7 mark and a 3.48 ERA.
There will be a Live SIM today at 2000 ET - RIGHT HERE

Last edited by Fredrocker; 05-17-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Fredrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:29 AM   #42
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

August 17th thru August 24th

Ramrods have gone 9 and 1 in the last 10 games and pushed their lead over the Rollers of Atlantic City to 4 Games… Tim Belcher has bounced back in his last 2 starts of a 2-0 record and 0.50 ERA and Tom ‘Terrific’ Seaver also has gone 2-0 with a 1.00 ERA… The Ramrods are first in Team ERA in the Chadwick league with an impressive 3.06 ERA

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

20-year-old Barry Larkin made a few Buffalo headlines during this past week as the rookie shortstop proved he could compete at the plate with his high-school idols. He captured the attention of fans, journalists and Chadwick League officials last week and today took home Player of the Week honors for his effort. He cracked 10 hits in 27 at-bats to put up a .370 average. Larkin collected 5 home runs, 14 RBIs and scored 7 runs. So far this year Larkin has hit .316 with 29 home runs, 95 RBIs and 79 runs scored.

Jose Valentin demonstrated his potential to be a star in the game last week and today he took home the Doubleday League Player of the Week Award. The Palm Bay shortstop wreaked havoc on opposing pitchers last week, pounding them for a .379 average (11-for-29) with 4 home runs and 8 RBIs on his way to claiming the honor. This year Valentin is batting .303 with 24 home runs. He has scored 58 runs and driven in 70.

KEY INJURIES:
  • Viper Snakes: SP Earl Johnson diagnosed with a torn triceps, will miss 4-5 months.
  • Ocean City Islanders: RF Al Ferrara was injured being hit by a pitch. The Diagnosis: Bone marrow edema (wrist). He's expected to miss about 5-6 weeks.
  • Cape Coral Starfish: SP Jason Jacome diagnosed with an elbow strain, will miss 3 months.

NOTES:

The Rico Project has Petrocelli’s first base position rating stop at 23 and hold steady for the last two sims…

Here are the Current League Standings…

Current League Stats…

Old 05-21-2019, 09:32 AM   #43
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

August 24th thru August 31st, 1903 SIM

Huntington Station had a tough week, winners of 2 and losers of 4 the Ramrods still increased their lead to 5 games as the Rollers of Atlantic City are on a 5 game losing streak. Catcher Francisco Cervelli was named the Chadwick Player of the Week (see below).

After losing Mondays and Tuesdays home games to the Skidaway Island Divers, both by the score of 6-2 the Ramrods went on the road to Chantilly, Virginia to face the divisional rival Airmen. The opening matchup featured each teams' ace as Huntington’s Roy Oswalt took the hill verse the Airmen’s number 1 Carl Hubbell. Oswalt proved the better in throwing a fine 3-hit shutout with 5 strikeouts and no walks for his 16th win. The 2-0 win was capped by a HR from Gleyber Torres (his 30th) in the sixth inning.

After going down 6-0 in the second game of the series, the Ramrods almost came all the way back scoring 5 runs in innings 6 thru 8 but came up short losing 6-5. Rico Petrocelli kept up his great hitting with a couple hits in in 5 trips with 2 walks, a double and 2 RBIs…

In game 3, little Artie Nehf was the happiest guy in the park. Nehf who has pitched well this year but at times has suffered from a lack of run support watched his teammates score 11 runs on 18 hits… In fact. little Artie got in on the act in the top of the sixth inning coming to bat with no one out, the bases loaded, and Huntington Station leading 4-0, the pitcher hit a bases-clearing double. The final was 11-1 and Nehf improved his record to 14-12 with 3.63. Catcher Francisco Cervelli had a big game going for 4 for 4 with a double and 3 RBIs..

The final game of the series should have been a victory as Tom Seaver was toeing the rubber for the Ramrods. Seaver who didn’t have his good stuff all day took the mound in the bottom of the 8th leading 4 to 2 and promptly walked leadoff hitter Ralph Garr (Fred Rocker got Red Munger quickly up in the pen). The 2nd hitter of the inning, Bobby Avila bounced to Torres at third who fired to Steve Sac at second for one out, but Sax couldn’t make the turn and Avila was safe at first. Frank Schulte then took the first pitch from Seaver and rocketed a ground ball passed the diving Alvin Dark into LF for a single, Avila stopped at second. Now Airmen’s third basemen Ron Santo strode to the plate and on a 3-1 count Seaver walked him to fill the bases. This is where all the second guessing the next day comes into play as Manager Fred Rocker, who had Red Munger ready in the pen, left Seaver in to face Earl Torgeson (one question was why LH Close Terry Forster wasn’t up in the pen and ready to face Torgeson), Seaver got Torgeson to hit a 1-0 slider to left fielder Alan Wiggins for the second out (the runners couldn’t advance). Now the bases loaded and two outs and switch hitting SS Jorge Polanco was set to hit, Polanco had hit a triple off Seaver in the 5th inning… Again Manager Rocker decided to keep Tom ‘Terrific’ in but, this time Polanco drilled a ball in the left-center field gap for a double driving in three runs to put the Airmen in front. At this point Seaver should have been removed and not left in to face lefty CF Irv Noren… Well Noren roped a 3-1 line drive to right center scoring Polanco…. Finally Munger was brought in. These questionable decisions by the Manager will be the talk of the town for the next few days…

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

So far in his young career, Francisco Cervelli has kept a low profile, but after his performance at the plate last week, he attracted the notice of the rest of the Chadwick League in a big way as he was named the Player of the Week today for his efforts. The 20-year-old Huntington Station Ramrods catcher hit at a torrid .429 clip as he collected 9 hits in 21 at-bats, 1 home run, 5 RBIs and 4 runs scored. In the 1903 season Cervelli is hitting .282 with 7 home runs.

22-year-old Phil B Clark sent shock waves through Ratified American Baseball Association last week with an eye-popping performance that brought him the Doubleday League Player of the Week Award. A newcomer to the league, Clark made the establishment sit up and take notice, punishing opposing pitchers with a .529 average, 9 hits in 17 at-bats, 4 home runs and 6 RBI. Where the Chattanooga Choo Choo's third baseman goes from here, only the baseball gods know for sure, but Clark certainly made his mark last week. Presently Clark is batting .276 with 24 home runs and 57 RBIs. He has played in 88 games and scored 50 times.

KEY INJURIES:
  • Worcester Riders: SP Michael Pineda diagnosed with an oblique strain, will miss 6 weeks.

NOTES:

Good News on the Rico Petrocelli project as Rico’s firstbase rating climbed to 26…. Petro’s current slash line is .292/.361/.576 with an OPS+ of 158 so there is no way he is coming out of the lineup…

Last edited by Fredrocker; 05-21-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:41 PM   #44
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Interview with Gleyber Torres

Interview with Gleyber Torres, Huntington Station’s Third Baseman
September 3rd, 1903

Burbone: Thanks for meeting with me today Gleyber as I know you are a busy man. First off, how does it feel to be 19 years old in a brand new start up league and hitting the hell out of the baseball?

Torres: Well Chowdon, when I took a shot at making it into this league I wasn’t sure if I would even be drafted, and after 15 rounds and not hearing my name called I thought I was probably doomed to be in one of the two minors leagues. I got lucky though when the Ramrods drafted me as the 8th Pick in the 18th Round… First thing I did was call my mama to tell her about it… As far as hitting the ball, I am off to a good start with my power numbers but Hitting Coach Cap Anson has been working with me to develop a better sense of the strike zone to cut down on my strike outs…

Burbone: Yea, Cap is old school and wants everyone to make contact, according to Cap you can’t do crap for your team with a strike out. So Gleyber how did you end up in American from Venezuela?

Torres: My family and I moved up to the States about 5 years ago, it was a tough trip, and then we had to wait a couple weeks to get our Visa’s… but now my Mama, Papa and I are all in classes to get our US Citizenship… It’s the dream baby, you know what I mean Chowdon…

Burbone: I hear ya, Currently you are second in the league in Home Runs and fourth in Runs Batted In, but the fans seem to bring up your liability in the field. Do you have any thoughts on that Gleyber…

Torres: I love these Long Island fans as they sure as hell know baseball. You know when I was a kid all I did was pitch and hit so I never really got a chance to play in the field much. I was a much better hitter than a pitcher, so I knew I would have to develop some fielding skills if I planned to move up in baseball, I decided on Third Base. One of my good friends and supporters is Jose C Herrera on the Henderson Hens in the Kitty League, Jose has taught me a lot about fielding and this off-season we plan to spend 3-4 days a week working on that aspect of my game…

Burbone: The Huntington Station team is in first place and except for a few ties have led their divisional all year… What is atmosphere like in the clubhouse with this team?

Torres: First off, that S..t about Manager Rocker keeping in Tommy Seaver too long is bull, and the fans should shut that S..t down…. That said, the locker room is in decent shape and everyone is striving to make the playoffs. Brocky (CF Brock Davis) is a real prankster, the other day he put some itch cream in one of the starting pitchers jock… Thank goodness he wasn’t pitching that day.. Otherwise we have a good crew, we are looking for something special in this inaugural season of RABA….

Burbone: Last question, What was it like to be named to the All-Star team in the summer?

Torres: It was a great honor… I never in my wildest imagination thought I would make it, less alone start at third base… I know I went 1 for 4, but I did have a run scored… wait till next year….

-Chowdon Sum Burbone
Ramrods Beat Writer
The Huntingtonian
Old 05-26-2019, 11:29 AM   #45
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

August 31st to September 7th, 1903 SIM

After a dismal week of just one win and five big losses the Ramrods maintain lead in Rawlings Division over the Atlantic City Rollers by 2 games…

In the all important 4 game series with the Rollers the Ramrods won 3 to 2 behind the complete game performance of Little Artie Nehf who pushed his record to 15-12… Nehf also hit a dinger in the top of the 6th for his 3rd homer of the year… It came down to Gleyber Torres came through for Huntington Station when he hit a run-scoring double in the top of the ninth. With a runner on 2nd, he hit a 0-2 slider to left field, staking his team to a 3-2 lead.

The Ramrods lost game 2 of the set with Tom Seaver on the mound… Seaver looked dreadful as he gave up 6 earned runs in 7 and a third… The Ramrods managed only 4 hits with one being Alvin Darks 6th Homer of the year.

Games 3 and 4 were both 3 to 1 losses, with Roy Oswalt taking his 10th loss in game 3, as the Ramrods offense proved to be struggling once again…. In game 4, with the Ramrods having a chance to even the series Tim Belcher took the hill against Bobby Locke. Belcher pitched well except for one hanging curve ball to Dan T Murphy who nailed the 1 and 1 pitch 436 feet to right center with an exit velocity of 103.8 mph… and that was all she wrote…

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

It can be difficult for a young player to step out of the shadows and assert himself in the Chadwick League, but last week Ray Knight of the Hoboken Hoboes reminded everyone just why he's here as he threw up numbers that made him an easy selection for Player of the Week. Knight rocked opposing pitching for a .500 average (10-for-20), 4 home runs and 8 RBIs to come away with the award. Knight is hitting .309 this year with 13 home runs, 44 RBIs and 38 runs scored. He has 87 hits in 282 at-bats, 11 walks and a .340 on-base percentage. Knight has played in 74 games.

It's always a thrill for fans of the team and students of the game alike when a superstar in the making shows what he's got. Joe DiMaggio, the Palm Bay Indians 19-year-old right fielder, put himself in the spotlight last week making him the clear-cut choice for Doubleday League Player of the Week honors. He ripped 12 hits in 24 at-bats, compiling a .500 average with 5 home runs and 10 RBIs. This year DiMaggio is hitting .261 with 27 home runs and 71 RBIs in 108 games played. He also boasts an OBP of .300 with 24 walks and 70 runs scored.

PLAYERS OF THE MONTH:

KEY INJURIES:
  • Southampton Sea Horses: 3B John Atz diagnosed with a hamstring strain, will miss 5 weeks.
  • Atlantic City Rollers: 1B Micah Hoffpauir was injured while running the bases. The Diagnosis: Strained hamstring. He's expected to miss about 6 weeks.

NOTES:

The Ramrods brought up three players on the September 1st roster expansion, a third catcher Choo Choo Coleman put on the Ramrods uniform for the first time. Coleman was hitting at a .301/.372/.551 slash line for A league Mount Sterling. Also coming back to the big club after stints in A league ball were Relief Pitchers Bobby Thigpen and Lefty Williams.

There will be a Live SIM today at 1100 ET - RIGHT HERE

Last edited by Fredrocker; 05-26-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:21 PM   #46
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

September 7th thru September 14th ,1903 SIM

Huntington Station plays .500 ball for the week and keeps a slim 1.5 game lead over their foes the Atlantic City Rollers…

Ramrods drop Monday the 7th’s game to Buffalo at Tracer Field 5 to 3.. Oswalt struggles, giving up 3 homers in the complete game loss. Oswalt is now 16-11 with a 2.60 ERA.

Game two against Buffalo had the excitement and offensive Ramrod fans have been asking for… Making his RABA debut at catcher was Choo Choo Coleman the 184th pick in the Amateur Draft in his first at-bat Choo Choo hit an 0-1 pitch to left field as a weak fly out. In the 3rd inning the Ramrods exploded for 7 big runs capped off by a 3 run big fly from Coleman, he deposited a 1-0 fast ball 371 feet over the right field fence… In the 4th inning the Ramrods again put up a crooked number with the strike of the inning coming on Back to Back homers by Rico Petrocelli and Choo Choo on consecutive pitches… Colemans was extra exciting as the ball hit the right center field wall and bounced past Tracers center fielder Bob Brower toward left center… Choo Choo was a chuggin from the time he hit the ball, with his legs a churning Coleman looked puzzled when the third base coach had the windmill going… Coleman rounded third and slide into home ahead of the relay for the inside a park homer… The Ramrods went on to win 15-8 and I am sure that is one day that Coleman will not forget…

The Ramrods went home to face the Southampton Sea Horses in a 4 game series… Winning the opener 4 to 2 in 15 innings the Ramrods cracked out 15 hits… The hero was Gleyber Torres who hit a 2-run home run in the bottom of the 15th to help the Huntington Station cause. The home run, which was hit off Red Lucas was a big walk off which allowed the crazy Huntington Station crowd to go wild.

The Ramrods lost the next 2 before coming back on Saturday the 12th to beat the Sea Horses 2 to 1. Tim Belcher pitched great to go to 14-12 with a 3.14 ERA, and Terry Forster picked up his 24th Save…

Bad news, in Thursdays loss to Southampton Gleyber Torres was injured in a collision at second base, it was determined that he has a sprained ankle and will be out 1 to 2 weeks….

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

22-year-old Bob Hazle made a few Atlantic City headlines during this past week as the rookie left fielder proved he could compete at the plate with his high-school idols. He captured the attention of fans, journalists and Chadwick League officials last week and today took home Player of the Week honors for his effort. He cracked 12 hits in 29 at-bats to put up a .414 average. Hazle collected 6 home runs, 10 RBIs and scored 11 runs. Hazle is batting .299 this year with 28 home runs, 73 RBIs and 73 runs scored. He has 135 hits in 451 at-bats.

One of the league's most exciting young players, Bob Chance of the Chattanooga Choo Choo's earned himself Doubleday League Player of the Week honors with a standout performance in last week's games. For the week the 21-year-old first baseman had a lofty .526 average (10-for-19), collecting 7 home runs, 10 RBIs and 8 runs scored. During the current season Chance is batting at a .338 clip with 26 home runs and 68 RBIs. He has played in 103 games and scored 63 times.

KEY INJURIES:
  • Ocean City Islanders: SP Rube Foster diagnosed with a torn ulnar collateral ligament, will miss 12-13 months.
  • Chantilly Airmen: LF Ralph Garr was injured when he got jumped walking down the street. The Diagnosis: Fractured foot. This injury keeps him out of action for 3 weeks.
  • Palm Bay Indians: SP Michael Bowden was injured while pitching. The Diagnosis: Elbow inflammation. He's expected to miss about 4 weeks.
  • Buffalo Tracers: SP Scott Olsen diagnosed with a torn flexor tendon in his elbow, will miss 12 months.

NOTES:

I decided not to place Gleyber on the DL for 15 days, but I did call up Larry Bettencourt a 1B/3B right handed bat to help off the bench… such is nice with the expanded rosters....

The Rico project is still ongoing, and shows that Petrocelli is now a 29 rated first baseman, his hitting has slipped a bit but he is still stroking it at .283/.350/.556

CURRENT STANDINGS AND STATS:

There will be another Live SIM today at 1400 ET - RIGHT HERE