Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-27-2019, 02:17 PM   #21
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

April 28th - May 4th SIM

Ramrods stay atop the Rawlings Division by 1 game over the Atlantic City Rollers... Ok... some more background on my Ramrods... The initial Personnel Hiring proved their were slim pickins, so between grabbing some personnel that I recognized and some with average reputation here is my braintrust... along with me I say we are lacking a lot...

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (CHADWICK AND DOUBLEDAY LEAGUES):

21-year-old Art Shamsky made a few Atlantic City headlines during this past week as the rookie right fielder proved he could compete at the plate with his high-school idols. He captured the attention of fans, journalists and Chadwick League officials last week and today took home Player of the Week honors for his effort. He cracked 9 hits in 25 at-bats to put up a .360 average. Shamsky collected 3 home runs, 6 RBIs and scored 4 runs. In 28 games this year Shamsky has posted a .302 average and put up these numbers: 10 home runs, 25 RBIs and 18 runs scored.

21-year-old Jerry Moses sent shock waves through Ratified American Baseball Association last week with an eye-popping performance that brought him the Doubleday League Player of the Week Award. A newcomer to the league, Moses made the establishment sit up and take notice, punishing opposing pitchers with a .471 average, 8 hits in 17 at-bats, 3 home runs and 6 RBI. Where the Chattanooga Choo Choo's catcher goes from here, only the baseball gods know for sure, but Moses certainly made his mark last week. Currently Moses has 7 home runs and a .371 batting average.

PLAYERS OF THE MONTH:

NOTES:

On April 29th, I gave Bartolo Colon a start as Lefty Williams was nursing a DtD Hamstring... Colon went 8 IP and got the Win giving up 6 hits, 1 ER, striking out 4 and walking 3... Great Job Bart...

Tom Seaver has gotten hot at Single A Mount Sterling and seems to have straighten out his mechanics... After the next SIM we might bring Seaver back up as our number 4...

As posted somewhere earlier, I build around pitching, defense, and speed. Grading it out so far.. Pitching is 1st in FIP at 3.15 so all is good there, I lead the league in Stolen Bases with the top 2 in my lineup with Wiggins and Sax being the top 2 in the league. Defense, well that is a different story, I lead the league with 37 Errors... with 20 of them coming from the left side of the Diamond, Alvin Dark and Gleyber Torres have 10 errors each... Ouch... and they are my 3 and 4 hitters... This is something I will be looking at as we go to the trade deadline.. What is scary is Dark is my second best defensive SS (53) in the entire organization. Torres who has a thunderous bat is a lousy (14) at 3B, with his backup and pinch runner Ben Chapman at only a (34)... Well I hope this weakness does not raise its ugly head to much...

I will be doing another real time SIM tonight at 1930-2000 ET... Right HERE

Stay tune for further updates... also a post with some of the players that remind me of my younger days in real life and in all my years in the 60s and 70s playing APBA...

And some interviews with Ramrods Beat Writer - Chowdon Sum Burbone
Fredrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:57 PM   #22
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Some Favorites Letters A - L

Old 04-28-2019, 02:02 PM   #23
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

May 5th - May 11th SIM

Ramrods extend lead to 3.0 Games over the Rollers of Atlantic City with a big week. The Ramrods tied with the Chattanooga Choo Choo's for top spot in the weekly power rankings with a 117.5 rating. Oswalts 10 inning Win (see below) ended a road trip that included 14 games. Now returning Home for 11 games we dropped the first two to the Hoboes of Hoboken. May 13th - 16th in the upcoming sim will be a big one as we have 4 games against Atlantic City, with Bob Feller opening up the series for the Rollers on the 13th. Below is the current standings:

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

It can be difficult for a young player to step out of the shadows and assert himself in the Doubleday League, but last week Greg Colbrunn of the Skidaway Island Divers reminded everyone just why he's here as he threw up numbers that made him an easy selection for Player of the Week. Colbrunn rocked opposing pitching for a .407 average (11-for-27), 3 home runs and 6 RBIs to come away with the award. This season Colbrunn has hit 8 home runs and posted a .312 batting average.

So far in his young career, Ray Grimes has kept a low profile, but after his performance at the plate last week, he attracted the notice of the rest of the Chadwick League in a big way as he was named the Player of the Week today for his efforts. The 24-year-old Ocean City Islanders first baseman hit at a torrid .500 clip as he collected 9 hits in 18 at-bats, 3 home runs, 4 RBIs and 4 runs scored. So far this year Grimes is batting .387 with 3 home runs, 5 RBIs and 4 runs scored.

NOTES:

Tuesday, May 5th, 1903
Roy Oswalt of the Huntington Station Ramrods blanked Worcester 3-0 on 4 hits. He rang up 3 strikeouts, keeping batters off balance all day long. Oswalt has fashioned a 3-2 mark for the season, 2.30 ERA and thrown 54.2 innings in 8 starts. Opposing clubs are batting .206 against him. Box score below:

Tim Belcher is tied for the league lead in Win with 6. Belchers 1.35 ERA is second in the league to the amazing Rapid Robert Fellers 0.75 ERA.

Al Schweitzer is hitting at a .341 clip which is good for fourth in the league, with fellow teammate Gleyber Torres tied for second in Home Runs with 11.

Tonight at 2000 ET will be another real time weekly sim - RIGHT HERE

and Remember you can catch all the details at the RABA Website

Coming up an interview with Roy Oswalt by Chowdon Sum Burbone
Old 04-28-2019, 02:29 PM   #24
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Interview Roy Oswalt

May 10th, 1903 - The Huntingtonian

CSB - So Roy its great to be able to talk with you today, can you explain a little bit on how you feel playing in this brand new professional league?

Roy - Well Chowdon, I am honored to be a part of the inaugural season of RABA and to be playing with Fred Rocker and his Huntington Station Ramrods. We have a bunch of really good players and most of us have come together as a team pretty quick. That is an important part of the game that often goes overlooked.

CSB - Being born in Kosciusko, Mississippi the Long Island scene must seem totally different to you. Are you enjoying your time in Huntington?

Roy - Yes I love it here, I just got a nice little place out on Lloyd Neck and my girlfriend will be coming up from Mississippi for a visit during our current home stand... The town of Huntington is great with its little shops and fantastic bars, plus you can't beat living near the water.

CSB - Roy the other night you pitched a 10 inning complete game shutout to beat the Worcester Club 3-0. You only threw 111 pitches and looked masterful with your control and stuff. Can we expect more of that in the upcoming weeks? Have you hit on something?

Roy - Tuesday night I had all four of my pitches working great. When I get late break on my slider and my change is being effective I think I am one of the best pitchers in RABA. It was a great game to win but I tip my hat to my opponent Johnny Allen who struck out 18 in that game. The 2 big errors by Burroughs and Reynolds enabled us to win that one. Going forward I am still working out the feel on the changeup but if it is as good as Tuesday than watchout.

CSB - I heard that you and the other starters like to go out an cause a bit of a ruckus in the evenings when your not scheduled to pitch?

Roy - Well Artie and Tim and I do enjoy the nightlife at times. Little Artie can pound back some beers and act like an Napoleon, it really is fun to watch. We always seem to have a good laugh, and Artie is really good about sneakin back into the Hotel when we are on the road.

CSB - Thanks for sitting with me today Roy, and I wish you the best for the rest of the season.

Roy - As I always say; "Lets Go Ramrods"

-Chowdon Sum Burbone
Ramrods Beat Writer
The Huntingtonian
Old 04-28-2019, 03:07 PM   #25
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Favorite Players M thru Z

Old 04-29-2019, 08:46 AM   #26
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

May 12th - May 18th SIM

Ramrods take 3 of 4 from the Atlantic City Rollers, extend divisional lead to 4 Games. Huntington Station went 4-2 this SIM with a real classic series vs arch foes Atlantic City...

In game 1 we handed Bob Feller his first loss with a 3-1 victory. This game was kinda crazy with the Rollers getting 14 total hits (all singles), and scoring 1 unearned run. The Ramrods turned 3 key double plays during the event...

Game 2 saw the Rollers beat Tom Seaver in his first start since being recalled from Mount Sterling (A). Art Shamsky shined going 3 for 4 with a Triple, Home Run, and 3 RBIs. The Ramrods managed only 4 hits off starter Steve Rogers and reliever Mike Morin...

Game 3 saw the Ramrods take a 4-0 lead, but almost coughed it up by allowing 3 runs in the top of the ninth to the Rollers. Roy Oswalt looked great on the hill again going 6 innings allowing 2 hits, no walks, and 4 Ks. Bobby Thigpen got shelled in the ninth and Red Munger had to come on and get the final 2 outs for his 8th Save.

Game 4 was a classic pitchers duel with Huntington Station winning 1-0. Tim Belcher pitched 6 to pick up the win bringing his record to 7-2. The only Run was a monster shot by Gleyber Torres in the fourth inning of losing pitcher Bobby Locke. Red Munger came in the 9th to close the door and record his 9th Save.

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

Mike Lowell demonstrated his potential to be a star in the game last week and today he took home the Chadwick League Player of the Week Award. The Buffalo third baseman wreaked havoc on opposing pitchers last week, pounding them for a .556 average (15-for-27) with 3 home runs and 8 RBIs on his way to claiming the honor. This year Lowell is hitting .391 with 5 home runs and 16 RBIs in 16 games played. He also boasts an OBP of .432 with 5 walks and 9 runs scored.

One of the league's most exciting young players, Irish Meusel of the Winchester Rockers earned himself Doubleday League Player of the Week honors with a standout performance in last week's games. For the week the 18-year-old center fielder had a lofty .423 average (11-for-26), collecting 3 home runs, 10 RBIs and 6 runs scored. Thus far this season in 15 games Meusel is batting .359 with 5 home runs, 14 RBIs and 12 runs scored. He has 23 hits in 64 at-bats.

STANDINGS AND STATS:

Tonight a live real time SIM at 1730 ET - RIGHT HERE
Old 04-30-2019, 08:31 AM   #27
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

May 19th - May 25th, 1903 SIM

Ramrods go 2-4 this SIM but still Manage to maintain a 3 game lead over the Rollers of Atlantic City. After losing the final two games of the homestand to the Chattanooga Choo Choo's, the Ramrods went on the road to Ocean City where we proceeded to drop 2 of three to the Islanders... We returned home to face the Worchester Riders and won the first of three, with two to play in the next SIM.

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

Irish Meusel burst onto the Doubleday League stage in a big way last week. This promising rookie center fielder for Winchester garnered everyone's respect by putting up some remarkable numbers and picking up the Player of the Week trophy. The 18-year-old haunted opposing pitchers hitting .450 (9-for-20) with 2 home runs and 8 RBIs last week. This year Meusel has collected a .381 batting average to date with 32 hits in 84 at-bats, 22 RBIs, 7 home runs and scored 16 times. He has played in 20 games.

21-year-old Dan T Murphy made a few Atlantic City headlines during this past week as the rookie first baseman proved he could compete at the plate with his high-school idols. He captured the attention of fans, journalists and Chadwick League officials last week and today took home Player of the Week honors for his effort. He cracked 11 hits in 21 at-bats to put up a .524 average. Murphy collected 2 home runs, 3 RBIs and scored 4 runs. On the year Murphy is hitting .455 with 20 hits, 2 home runs, 4 RBIs, .510 OBP and has scored 6 runs.

NOTES:

Here is a quick look at my staff...

And a peek at the offense...

Next SIM tonight at 2000 ET - Real Time SIM RIGHT HERE

Last edited by Fredrocker; 04-30-2019 at 08:56 AM.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:40 AM   #28
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

May 25th thru June 1st SIM...

Ramrods have a good week going 4-2 and extending the divisional lead to 4 games of the Rollers of Atlantic City.

Monday the 25th of May's game was very exciting with the Ramrods leading at home 3-2 entering the 9th inning. With Roy Oswalt on the mound, he got the first out and was replaced by LHP Terry Foster... Worcester Pinch Hitter Josh Phelps drove in Bob Oliver (who had doubled with one out) with a Line Drive single that hit an exit velocity of 104.4 to left field. A throw to the plate by LF Alan Wiggins was a tad late and Oliver was safe on the slide, tying the game...
In the bottom of the ninth Riders brought in pitcher Steve Rachunok to face the Ramrods... Red McKee took a 3 and 1 pitch for a walk, which brought up Andy Tracy who got the start at first base... Tracy took a fast ball for strike one, on the second pitch Rachunok hung a curve ball which Tracy deposited 450ft away to center field for a walk off two run homer... Of course the crowd went crazy... Downtown Huntington was out of control after the game...

PLAYER OF THE WEEK:

It's always a thrill for fans of the team and students of the game alike when a superstar in the making shows what he's got. Al Ferrara, the Ocean City Islanders 21-year-old right fielder, put himself in the spotlight last week making him the clear-cut choice for Chadwick League Player of the Week honors. He ripped 12 hits in 20 at-bats, compiling a .600 average with 1 home run and 4 RBIs. Ferrara is swinging at a .345 pace on the year with 7 home runs, 21 RBIs and 16 runs scored. He has played in 26 games.

So far in his young career, John Olerud has kept a low profile, but after his performance at the plate last week, he attracted the notice of the rest of the Doubleday League in a big way as he was named the Player of the Week today for his efforts. The 18-year-old Cape Coral Starfish first baseman hit at a torrid .500 clip as he collected 13 hits in 26 at-bats, 2 home runs, 6 RBIs and 6 runs scored. This year Olerud is batting .328 with 8 home runs and 27 RBIs.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:

NOTES:

Here is the Ramrods current Batting and Pitching Stats in the 8 Team Chadwick League

There will be another real time SIM tonight at 1700 ET - RIGHT HERE

Last edited by Fredrocker; 05-01-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:36 AM   #29
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

June 1st thru June 8th, 1903 SIM

Ramrods go 3 and 3 and maintain their 4 Game lead over the Atlantic City Rollers... June 3rd Game was a blast...

The Station Grounds faithful were treated to a thrilling, walk-off win.

The Chantilly Airmen got a sterling performance from pitcher Jason Bere, but the Ramrods still prevailed, 5-4. Bere was named the player of the game in a losing cause. He threw 7 innings of 5-hit ball. Huntington Station leads the Chadwick League Rawlings Division by 4 games.

The Ramrods beat the Airmen with some clutch hitting. The single by Ben Chapman in the bottom of the tenth is a good example. With two down, Chapman gave his team the lead, 5-4, when he came through with the big hit.

"Glad to get this win," said Chapman. "But we need to keep playing at a high level."

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

It can be difficult for a young player to step out of the shadows and assert himself in the Chadwick League, but last week Jedd Gyorko of the Buffalo Tracers reminded everyone just why he's here as he threw up numbers that made him an easy selection for Player of the Week. Gyorko rocked opposing pitching for a .458 average (11-for-24), 5 home runs and 9 RBIs to come away with the award. In his season totals Gyorko has 10 home runs and a .336 batting average.

Jerry White has the tools to stick in this league for many years. The 19-year-old center fielder of the Viper Snakes had a hot bat in the Doubleday League over the past seven days and won the Player of the Week honors. White batted .417 with 10 hits in 24 at-bats, 4 home runs and 10 RBIs. White is presently hitting at a .313 pace with 12 home runs and 32 RBIs. He has played in 38 games and scored 23 times.

RAMROD NOTES:

Gleyber Torres on a tear... here is his last 10 games...

Defense is still my main concern as the Ramrods lead the league in errors with 71, which in turn equates to 27 unearned runs in 57 games. On a positive note my catchers have thrown out 57.5% of wood be base stealers...

Next Real Time SIM is tonight at 1930 ET - RIGHT HERE
Old 05-03-2019, 08:26 AM   #30
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

June 8th thru June 15th, 1903 SIM...

Well Ramrods have another .500 SIM going 3 and 3... The good news we have expanded our lead to 5 games over the Rollers and 6 games above the Airmen of Chantilly...

I was looking forward to the June 8th game which pitted Sandy Koufax vs. The Ramrods Tom Seaver... a sorta pass the torch games as Koufax retired in 1966 and Seaver entered the NL in 1967... Alas both pitchers didn't perform well as the Ramrods took the game 7-5...

The game that I would like to forget was on June 10th when going into the 8th inning we held a 5-3 lead... Belcher had the lead but a four pitch walk to open the inning to Hoboes Cass Michaels was followed up with a 1-0 fastball being driven for a line drive home run to right field by Frank Torre - exit velocity was 103.8 and distance 363ft ... This tied the game... The 9th inning saw Terry Foster come in and give up 4 runs with the key hit being a RBI single by Cass Michaels to propel the Hoboken team into the lead...

PLAYER OF THE WEEK:

24-year-old Ray Grimes made a few Ocean City headlines during this past week as the rookie first baseman proved he could compete at the plate with his high-school idols. He captured the attention of fans, journalists and Chadwick League officials last week and today took home Player of the Week honors for his effort. He cracked 11 hits in 26 at-bats to put up a .423 average. Grimes collected 2 home runs, 5 RBIs and scored 5 runs. Currently Grimes is hitting .372 and has collected 11 home runs, 33 RBIs and scored 23 times, while playing in 39 games.

19-year-old Barry Foote sent shock waves through Ratified American Baseball Association last week with an eye-popping performance that brought him the Doubleday League Player of the Week Award. A newcomer to the league, Foote made the establishment sit up and take notice, punishing opposing pitchers with a .526 average, 10 hits in 19 at-bats, 2 home runs and 6 runs batted in. Where the Viper Snakes catcher goes from here, only the baseball gods know for sure, but Foote certainly made his mark last week. So far this season Foote has hit .322 with 7 home runs, 23 RBIs and scored 16 times.

TEAM STATS:

Would love to send UTL-Ben Chapman down to Mt. Sterling by unfortunately I really don't have a utility player in the organization that is ready to be brought up...

Next SIM will be a real timer at 1800 ET - RIGHT HERE

Last edited by Fredrocker; 05-03-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:59 PM   #31
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

June 15th thru June 22nd, 1903 SIM

Ramrods go 2 up 4 down during a tough offensive week... Scoring only 10 runs in 6 games and getting 2 wins was some relief but the Ramrods lead over the Chantilly Airmen is now 3.5 Games with a 4.5 game lead over the Rollers of Atlantic City...

On Monday June 15th with the game against the Buffalo Tracers tied at 0-0, The Ramrods came to bat in the bottom of the 9th inning. Buffalo's Earl Whitehill was on the mound and on a 3-2 pitch he hit pinch hitter Gleyber Torres... Alan Wiggins followed with a Line Drive base hit to right field and Torres advanced all the way to third... Steve Sax came to the plate and laced a ground ball base hit to left field for the walk off win... Up till the ninth the Ramrods had managed only 2 hits... The shutout was a combined effort with Tim Belcher going 8 and a third followed by Terry Foster who picked up his 5th win for 2/3 of an innings work...

On the 18th of June the Ramrods beat the Southampton Sea Horses 4 to 2 at Hampton Grounds... Then the Ramrods proceeded to lose 3 in a row to the 1st place (Chadwick League, Spalding Division) Southampton ball club.

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

23-year-old Irv Noren made a few Chantilly headlines during this past week as the rookie center fielder proved he could compete at the plate with his high-school idols. He captured the attention of fans, journalists and Chadwick League officials last week and today took home Player of the Week honors for his effort. He cracked 11 hits in 20 at-bats to put up a .550 average. Noren collected 4 home runs, 13 RBIs and scored 7 runs. This season Noren has delivered 69 hits in 255 at-bats for a .271 average with 9 home runs. He is getting on base at a .342 clip and his totals also include 33 RBIs and 37 runs scored. This year Noren has played in 68 games.

21-year-old Trevor Story sent shock waves through Ratified American Baseball Association last week with an eye-popping performance that brought him the Doubleday League Player of the Week Award. A newcomer to the league, Story made the establishment sit up and take notice, punishing opposing pitchers with a .429 average, 9 hits in 21 at-bats, 4 home runs and 8 RBI. Where the Skidaway Island Divers shortstop goes from here, only the baseball gods know for sure, but Story certainly made his mark last week. This season Story is hitting .255 with 14 home runs.

NOTES:

Weekly Team Power Rankings -

Teams (Total Points, Tendency):
1) Chattanooga Choo Choo's (110.5, o)
2) Southampton Sea Horses (104.6, ++)
3) Viper Snakes (103.9, ++)
4) Skidaway Island Divers (102.7, o)
5) Chantilly Airmen (99.6, +)
6) Huntington Station Ramrods (94.7, --)
7) Cape Coral Starfish (94.1, --)
8) Atlantic City Rollers (89.0, +)
9) Worcester Riders (86.5, ++)
10) Ocean City Islanders (82.4, +)
11) Gulfport Shrimpster (82.4, o)
12) Buffalo Tracers (81.9, +)
13) Hoboken Hoboes (79.7, --)
14) Palm Bay Indians (78.7, --)
15) Spartanburg Sparklers (78.4, +)
16) Winchester Rockers (63.5, -)

The Ramrods at 6th in the power rankings represents the lowest they have been all season.

Down in A League Ball (The Kitty League) these were the players of the week:

RAMRODS TEAM INFORMATION:

Next Action is a Real Time SIM tonight at 2000 ET - RIGHT HERE
Old 05-07-2019, 01:11 PM   #32
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

June 22nd thru June 29th, 1903 SIM

The Ramrods who are now 44 up and 31 down for a .587 pct increase their lead to 5 games over the Rollers of Atlantic City.

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

It can be difficult for a young player to step out of the shadows and assert himself in the Chadwick League, but last week Art Shamsky of the Atlantic City Rollers reminded everyone just why he's here as he threw up numbers that made him an easy selection for Player of the Week. Shamsky rocked opposing pitching for a .385 average (10-for-26), 6 home runs and 13 RBIs to come away with the award. On the season, Shamsky is batting .266 with 26 home runs and 67 RBIs. He has played in 75 games.

Larry Doyle demonstrated his potential to be a star in the game last week and today he took home the Doubleday League Player of the Week Award. The Chattanooga second baseman wreaked havoc on opposing pitchers last week, pounding them for a .480 average (12-for-25) with no home runs and 2 RBIs on his way to claiming the honor. Doyle is currently batting .393 with no home runs and 12 RBIs.

INJURIES
  • Ocean City Islanders: SP Bob Kipper diagnosed with radial nerve compression, will miss 4 months.
  • Gulfport Shrimpster: 1B Ed Bouchee diagnosed with a concussion, will miss 5 weeks.
  • Hoboken Hoboes: SP John Tudor was injured while pitching. The Diagnosis: Shoulder bursitis. He's expected to miss about 4 weeks.

NOTES:

RABA and one of its Minor Leagues - The Kitty League (A) are in Full Swing. Here are their standings as of start of play on June 29th, 1903

Current Statistical Leaders in RABA as of June 29th....

Next Real Time SIM is tonight at 2030 ET - RIGHT HERE
Old 05-11-2019, 11:21 AM   #33
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

June 29th thru July 6th, 1903 SIM

Ramrods go 3 wins, 2 loses during this SIM, while maintaining their lead in the Rawlings Division. Atlantic City with a good week has cut the Ramrods lead to 2.5 games.

Saturday July 4th game vs the arch rival Atlantic City Ballclub saw the Ramrods losing 2-1 in the bottom of the ninth.. Artie Nehf who had pitched an awesome game through the first 8 innings was sent out to pitch the 9th... The first pitch he throws Rollers Dan T Murphy raps a double to right center field... That brought up Art Shamsky (the hottest hitter in RABA), you would think a free pass would be given since that run means nothing, but no the manager decides to let Nehf pitch to Shamsky... Well the second pitch of the inning is laced to right for a single, RF Al Schweitzer changed the ball and fired a strike to the plate, but alas it was just late and Dan T Murphy slid under the tag with the game winning run..

The upcoming SIM will bring us to the All-Star break with teams being announced. I will live 3D Broadcast the All-Star Game on the Fredrock Baseball Network (most likely later today)...

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

Lee Maye has the tools to stick in this league for many years. The 22-year-old right fielder of the Southampton Sea Horses had a hot bat in the Chadwick League over the past seven days and won the Player of the Week honors. Maye batted .433 with 13 hits in 30 at-bats, 5 home runs and 9 RBIs. So far this season Maye is batting .320 with 16 home runs, 55 RBIs and 43 runs scored. He has 108 hits in 338 at-bats, 23 walks and a .367 OBP. Maye has played in 81 games.

One of the league's most exciting young players, Ken Singleton of the Skidaway Island Divers earned himself Doubleday League Player of the Week honors with a standout performance in last week's games. For the week the 21-year-old left fielder had a lofty .538 average (14-for-26), collecting 4 home runs, 8 RBIs and 8 runs scored. Singleton is currently hitting at a .307 pace with 18 home runs and 52 RBIs.

PLAYERS OF THE MONTH:

KEY INJURIES:
  • Worcester Riders: SP Johnny Allen diagnosed with an elbow sprain, will miss 5-6 weeks.
  • Ocean City Islanders: SP Bob Kipper diagnosed with radial nerve compression, will miss 4 months.
  • Atlantic City Rollers: RP Johnny Hutchings diagnosed with a stretched elbow ligament, will miss 11-12 months.

NOTES:

Team Stats as of July 6th, 1903

Live SIM today at 1100 ET - RIGHT HERE
Old 05-11-2019, 01:33 PM   #34
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

July 6th thru July 12th, 1903

Ramrods go 3 and 3 leading into the All-Star Break, lead Rollers of Atlantic City by 2 Games.

Current RABA Standings as of July 12th All-Star break.

1903 RABA ALL-STAR TEAMS;

CHADWICK LEAGUE
  • SP Tim Belcher (HSR) - 8-7, 2.33 ERA, 131.1 IP, 1.21 WHIP, 7.5 K/9, 3.6 WAR
  • SP Bob Feller (ACR) - 9-5, 2.18 ERA, 169.1 IP, 1.22 WHIP, 11.6 K/9, 5.4 WAR
  • SP Roy Oswalt (HSR) - 11-7, 2.75 ERA, 173.2 IP, 1.00 WHIP, 7.9 K/9, 5.5 WAR
  • SP Biff Schlitzer (WOR) - 12-5, 2.44 ERA, 158.2 IP, 1.14 WHIP, 5.1 K/9, 2.5 WAR
  • RP Terry Forster (HSR) - 5-4, 17 SV, 2.11 ERA, 38.1 IP, 1.38 WHIP, 10.6 K/9, 1.5 WAR
  • CL Carlos Rosa (SHS) - 7-3, 17 SV, 1.34 ERA, 53.2 IP, 0.89 WHIP, 7.2 K/9, 2.7 WAR
  • C Billy Bryan (HOH) - .250/.299/.472, 284 AB, 18 HR, 119 wRC+, 2.2 WAR
  • C Gus Niarhos (ACR) - .317/.403/.388, 139 AB, 1 HR, 3 SB, 131 wRC+, 1.5 WAR
  • C John Orsino (WOR) - .274/.309/.493, 223 AB, 13 HR, 126 wRC+, 2.1 WAR
  • 1B Ray Grimes (OCI) - .335/.404/.586, 239 AB, 15 HR, 2 SB, 179 wRC+, 3.3 WAR
  • 1B Dan T Murphy (ACR) - .362/.409/.606, 218 AB, 14 HR, 193 wRC+, 3.2 WAR
  • 2B Hank Aaron (BUF) - .331/.374/.567, 305 AB, 20 HR, 152 wRC+, 3.3 WAR
  • 2B Heinie Zimmerman (OCI) - .329/.378/.560, 325 AB, 20 HR, 11 SB, 167 wRC+, 3.8 WAR
  • 3B Gleyber Torres (HSR) - .261/.327/.539, 306 AB, 25 HR, 140 wRC+, 2.3 WAR
  • SS Barry Larkin (BUF) - .296/.353/.521, 361 AB, 19 HR, 16 SB, 142 wRC+, 4.1 WAR
  • LF Carlos May (OCI) - .302/.394/.621, 235 AB, 21 HR, 188 wRC+, 3.4 WAR
  • LF Lee Maye (SHS) - .318/.367/.497, 358 AB, 16 HR, 8 SB, 145 wRC+, 2.7 WAR
  • LF Frank Schulte (CHA) - .347/.396/.554, 213 AB, 7 HR, 8 SB, 172 wRC+, 2.6 WAR
  • RF Al Schweitzer (HSR) - .317/.403/.492, 262 AB, 10 HR, 10 SB, 156 wRC+, 3.1 WAR
  • RF Art Shamsky (ACR) - .270/.347/.559, 333 AB, 27 HR, 153 wRC+, 2.3 WAR

DOUBLEDAY LEAGUE
  • SP Michael Bowden (PBI) - 9-7, 2.32 ERA, 186.0 IP, 1.00 WHIP, 5.3 K/9, 5.3 WAR
  • SP John Butcher (GPS) - 7-6, 2.55 ERA, 120.0 IP, 1.18 WHIP, 6.4 K/9, 3.3 WAR
  • SP Bob Gibson (VIP) - 8-3, 2.08 ERA, 117.0 IP, 1.05 WHIP, 8.0 K/9, 3.3 WAR
  • SP Buck O'Brien (SKD) - 8-6, 2.27 ERA, 126.2 IP, 1.07 WHIP, 6.5 K/9, 3.4 WAR
  • CL Bob G Smith (CCC) - 2-2, 20 SV, 1.42 ERA, 31.2 IP, 1.01 WHIP, 9.1 K/9, 1.7 WAR
  • CL Joakim Soria (SKD) - 3-1, 10 SV, 1.12 ERA, 40.1 IP, 1.09 WHIP, 8.5 K/9, 2.4 WAR
  • C Jay Clarke (CCS) - .297/.357/.371, 340 AB, 2 HR, 3 SB, 110 wRC+, 2.7 WAR
  • C Barry Foote (VIP) - .316/.352/.567, 187 AB, 11 HR, 1 SB, 156 wRC+, 2.5 WAR
  • C Wally Schang (SKD) - .292/.385/.454, 271 AB, 10 HR, 4 SB, 148 wRC+, 3.5 WAR
  • 1B Jim Bottomley (WIN) - .313/.361/.515, 326 AB, 12 HR, 1 SB, 152 wRC+, 3.0 WAR
  • 1B Bob Chance (CCC) - .359/.414/.543, 223 AB, 11 HR, 175 wRC+, 2.3 WAR
  • 2B Bill Hall (GPS) - .273/.319/.514, 311 AB, 15 HR, 3 SB, 133 wRC+, 2.1 WAR
  • 2B Ron Hunt (GPS) - .325/.378/.483, 234 AB, 5 HR, 3 SB, 151 wRC+, 2.7 WAR
  • SS Trevor Story (SKD) - .264/.318/.465, 303 AB, 16 HR, 8 SB, 124 wRC+, 3.4 WAR
  • SS Jose Valentin (PBI) - .291/.331/.487, 265 AB, 12 HR, 3 SB, 135 wRC+, 2.1 WAR
  • LF Rico Carty (WIN) - .364/.401/.560, 327 AB, 16 HR, 174 wRC+, 4.0 WAR
  • LF Phil B Clark (CCC) - .285/.307/.524, 246 AB, 17 HR, 1 SB, 137 wRC+, 1.8 WAR
  • LF Ken Singleton (SKD) - .311/.403/.566, 267 AB, 19 HR, 174 wRC+, 3.3 WAR
  • CF Jesse Levan (CCS) - .329/.394/.435, 292 AB, 2 HR, 137 wRC+, 2.9 WAR
  • CF Jerry White (VIP) - .289/.348/.506, 263 AB, 17 HR, 7 SB, 144 wRC+, 3.0 WAR

I will be Live 3D SIMing the First RABA ALL-STAR GAME Today at 1300 ET or about 30 minutes from now... you can catch it on The Fredrock Baseball Network
Old 05-11-2019, 02:41 PM   #35
stevem810
All Star Starter

Caught the last half of the All Star Game, Live, pretty good finish with plenty of drama
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:10 PM   #36
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

All-Star Game Info...

July 13th, 1903...

Chadwick League is hosted by the Doubleday League at Spartanburg Center.... Chadwick wins an exciting game and Ramrods Al Schweitzer is named MVP of the game... Schweitzer went 3 for 5 with 3 RBIs including a 2 run double in the top of the 9th to push the Chadwick crew back into the lead.

RAMRODS HAVE FIVE ALL-STARS:

You can catch replays of any 3D Live Action - 3D REPLAY CENTER
Old 05-12-2019, 11:51 AM   #37
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

All-Star Break - July 20th, 1903

Well the first 4 games after the All-Star game were against the second place Rollers of Atlantic City... Ramrods entered the series with a 2 game lead, but unfortunately we dropped 3 of 4 games, leaving us in a tie with the Rollers... All four games were decided by 1 run.

GAME 1: Steve Rogers kept the opposition off the scoreboard and the Atlantic City Rollers were all smiles after winning 1-0 against the Huntington Station Ramrods at Station Grounds today. The right-handed Rogers gave up no runs in his start, permitted 3 hits and had 4 strikeouts.

"If there was a stat for 'team shutout,' this would be it," Rogers said later. "My catcher called a great game, guys delivered at the plate and when I messed something up the guys behind me were where they needed to be."

So far in 23 appearances this season, Rogers has recorded 13 wins and sustained 6 losses. He has pitched 171 innings, yielded 161 hits, fanned 136 and has a 3.74 ERA.

GAME 2: The Huntington Station Ramrods stopped the Atlantic City Rollers, 7-6, at Station Grounds. The Ramrods got a big game from Francisco Cervelli, who went 2 for 3 with a double and a walk, while scoring 2 runs. Huntington Station goes to 50-38. The win puts them 2 games up in their division.

Gleyber Torres was the walk-off hero for Huntington Station. With the game tied in the bottom of the ninth inning, the Ramrods third baseman hit a dramatic run-scoring double to send the teams home.

"Enjoyed this one," Cervelli told the Huntington Station Daily News. "But it's back to work tomorrow."

GAME 3: The Rollers grabbed a win, 4-3, at Station Grounds, overcoming a fine effort from Huntington Station pitcher Art Nehf. Nehf went 9 innings and allowed 4 earned runs. Mike Morin got the save, his 13th in 18 chances. The Rollers bumped their record to 49-40 with this latest triumph.

In the top of the 8th, left fielder Bob Hazle gave Atlantic City the lead when he hit a 2-run double. The Rollers had been trailing 3-2, but the two-out double off Huntington Station pitcher Art Nehf changed that -- and Atlantic City went on to win.

"We made a couple of mistakes," said Huntington Station skipper Fred Rocker, "and it cost us."

GAME 4: Atlantic City Rollers starter Bob Feller was in a groove as he led his team to a win over the Huntington Station Ramrods, 3-2. Mike Morin notched his 14th save in 19 chances. With the win, the Rollers improved to 50-40.

The Rollers liked what they saw from Feller. The 21-year old pitcher had a commanding presence on the mound, limiting the Ramrods to 2 earned runs on 3 hits over 8 innings, and striking out 12.

"We'll pop the top on a cold one and get back to work tomorrow," Feller said.

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

So far in his young career, Mike Lowell has kept a low profile, but after his performance at the plate last week, he attracted the notice of the rest of the Chadwick League in a big way as he was named the Player of the Week today for his efforts. The 22-year-old Buffalo Tracers third baseman hit at a torrid .500 clip as he collected 8 hits in 16 at-bats, 3 home runs, 7 RBIs and 6 runs scored. This year Lowell is batting .313 with 82 hits and 15 home runs. He has scored 35 times and has batted in 45 runs.

Wally Schang demonstrated his potential to be a star in the game last week and today he took home the Doubleday League Player of the Week Award. The Skidaway Island catcher wreaked havoc on opposing pitchers last week, pounding them for a .579 average (11-for-19) with no home runs and 5 RBIs on his way to claiming the honor. This season Schang is batting .307 with 10 home runs. He has scored 50 runs and driven in 29.

KEY INJURIES:
  • Cape Coral Starfish: 1B John Olerud was injured in a collision at a base. The Diagnosis: Torn thumb ligament. He's expected to miss about 3-4 weeks.

NOTES:

Over the course of the first couple months Ramrods first baseman Duke Carmel was hitting around the .200 mark and his backup Andy Tracy was less than that. Not having a call up that looked better than those two, I decided to start playing Rico Petrocelli at 1B. Though not rated, I started him first against LH starting pitching... Well he hit so well I just made him the starting first baseman... After three weeks Petrocelli's Positional Rating at 1B went from 'none' to 19... I am hoping he can get up to 30+ which isn't good, but might be enough to justify his bat. Rico's slash line is .300/.361/.667 with 12 HR's in a 120 at bats...

Team Information:

Old 05-12-2019, 02:40 PM   #38
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

July 20th thru July 27th SIM...

Ramrods go for a 4 win, 2 loss SIM... while Atlantic City succumbed to 1 win 5 losses meaning the Huntington Station Club has put 3 games back between us and the Rollers...

The Rico Petrocelli project at first base is working out better than I thought... Providing punch in the 6 hole, Petro's slash line is at .309/.368/.669 and his defense went up a point to 20 during this SIM...

Alan Wiggins my speedster at the top of the order has started 94 of the 96 games we have played, and thou he leads the league in steals with 45 he has been caught 20 times... His RC/27 is a mediocre 3.7 ... I am thinking of cutting back his game strategy on Stealing bases one tick... but leave him on Full Aggressive for Base Running.. and even though I have his bunt for a hit at about 55-60% of the slider (a tick above the middle), I find it hard to figure how many base hits he got for bunting... Looking at his spray chart I guesstamate 8 of his 110 hits are bunt hits...

Gleyber Torres continues to impress with the bat .265/.335/.534 and is second in the league in HRs with 27 and third in RBI's with 64... But his fielding is really bad as he has a .906 Fielding Pct at 3B with 20 errors and a -7.0 Zone Rating... errrrrrrrrr....

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

Jackie Robinson is respected by most Buffalo Tracers fans for his no-frills style of play. The 26-year-old first baseman went about his business with vigor last week to grab the Chadwick League Player of the Week honors. He compiled a .433 average (13-for-30) with 3 home runs, 7 RBIs and 7 runs scored. This season Robinson has banged out 125 hits in 406 at-bats for a .308 average with 22 home runs. He is getting on base at a .368 pace and his totals also include 60 RBIs and 77 runs scored.

Reggie Jackson demonstrated his potential to be a star in the game last week and today he took home the Doubleday League Player of the Week Award. The Gulfport right fielder wreaked havoc on opposing pitchers last week, pounding them for a .345 average (10-for-29) with 5 home runs and 6 RBIs on his way to claiming the honor. So far this season Jackson is batting .227 with 16 home runs.

KEY INJURIES:
  • Southampton Sea Horses: SP Rube Bressler diagnosed with a partially torn labrum, will miss 3-4 months.
  • Ocean City Islanders: RF Al Ferrara was injured while throwing the ball. The Diagnosis: Strained hamstring. This is a day-to-day injury expected to last 3-4 weeks.

NOTES:

TOP SYSTEMS LIST

KITTY LEAGUE (A) STANDINGS:

NEW ENGLAND LEAGUE (R) STANDINGS:

A Live SIM today at 1500 ET - RIGHT HERE

Last edited by Fredrocker; 05-12-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:35 AM   #39
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

July 27th thru August 3rd, 1903 SIM

Ramrods maintain lead in Rawlings Division.... With another 4 win 2 loss SIM the Huntington Station ball club has kept a lead over the Atlantic City Rollers... The lead is currently at 1.5 games as the Rollers went with a 5 and 1 record this SIM...

Ramrods Ace Roy Oswalt has been on point in his last 9 starts with a record of 6 wins and 2 losses... Oswalt currently holds a 13-8 record with a 2.53 ERA in 210 innings pitched, and an excellent WHIP of 0.98...

Number 4 starter Tom Seaver has been pitching more like a Number 1 since his recall from Mount Sterling May 11th.... over his last 10 starts Seaver is 6-3 with 4 complete games... Tom 'Terrific' is sporting an 11 and 7 record and an ERA of 3.73 (2.18 since his return) and a WHIP of 1.24... One thing Seaver must work on is to keep the ball down as he has relinquished 22 HRs in a 164.0 innings pitched....

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

One of the league's most exciting young players, Roy Smalley III of the Atlantic City Rollers earned himself Chadwick League Player of the Week honors with a standout performance in last week's games. For the week the 20-year-old shortstop had a lofty .467 average (14-for-30), collecting 1 home run, 7 RBIs and 6 runs scored. So far this year Smalley III has hit .279 with 5 home runs, 29 RBIs and 37 runs scored.

It's always a thrill for fans of the team and students of the game alike when a superstar in the making shows what he's got. Harvey Kuenn, the Spartanburg Sparklers 19-year-old shortstop, put himself in the spotlight last week making him the clear-cut choice for Doubleday League Player of the Week honors. He ripped 14 hits in 30 at-bats, compiling a .467 average with no home runs and 7 RBIs. Kuenn's current batting average stands at .331 and he has chalked up 2 home runs and 29 RBIs.

PLAYERS OF THE MONTH:

KEY INJURIES:
  • Atlantic City Rollers: SP Bob Feller diagnosed with a fractured elbow, will miss 4-5 months.
  • Gulfport Shrimpster: C Earl S Smith diagnosed with a concussion, will miss 6 weeks.
  • Buffalo Tracers: SP Earl Whitehill diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament, will miss 9 months.
  • Palm Bay Indians: SP Al Javery diagnosed with a knee sprain, is day-to-day for 4 weeks.

NOTES:

The Petrocelli project shows Rico with a defensive rating of 24 at first base...

The Bob Feller injury is huge as Rapid Robert (who started the All-Star Game) goes down with a fractured elbow for 4-5 months which removes him from this season's play.... a quick look at what the Atlantic City Club is losing below:

There will be a Live SIM today at 0930 ET - RIGHT HERE
Old 05-14-2019, 09:52 AM   #40
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

August 3rd thru August 10th, 1903 SIM

Ramrods maintain lead in Rawlings Division going 3 up and 3 down.... Its down to a one game lead over Atlantic City with a big 2 game series with the Rollers at Station Grounds in Huntington.

Pitching staff is all I can ask for as we are leading the Chadwick league in Starters ERA, FIP, Pitching War, Runs Allowed, and Home Runs given up. On offense the team slash line is .266/.326/.384…

Before this SIM the Ramrods made a move, sending middle reliever Bobby Thigpen down to Mt. Sterling and bringing up RHP Ed Appleton. Reasoning behind this – Thigpen had an astronomical ERA of 11.37 and Appleton becomes an instant Leader in the clubhouse. Team Chemistry is Unhappy, hope that will improve….

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

18-year-old Carlos May sent shock waves through Ratified American Baseball Association last week with an eye-popping performance that brought him the Chadwick League Player of the Week Award. A newcomer to the league, May made the establishment sit up and take notice, punishing opposing pitchers with a .500 average, 11 hits in 22 at-bats, 2 home runs and 10 runs batted in. Where the Ocean City Islanders left fielder goes from here, only the baseball gods know for sure, but May certainly made his mark last week. So far this year, May is batting .323 with 28 home runs and 80 RBIs.

Matt Chapman burst onto the Doubleday League stage in a big way last week. This promising rookie third baseman for Palm Bay garnered everyone's respect by putting up some remarkable numbers and picking up the Player of the Week trophy. The 22-year-old haunted opposing pitchers hitting .409 (9-for-22) with 4 home runs and 10 RBIs last week. Chapman is batting at a .205 pace this season, picking up 63 hits in 308 at-bats with 11 home runs, 31 RBIs and 29 runs scored.

KEY INJURIES:
  • Skidaway Island Divers: RF Lee Walls diagnosed with a hamstring strain, will miss 3 weeks.
  • Chattanooga Choo Choo's: 2B Larry Doyle diagnosed with a knee sprain, will miss 5 weeks.
  • Hoboken Hoboes: Matt Ford has suffered a setback in his recovery. He is not expected to recover for another 15 months.

NOTES:
With the next two games against the Rollers (who are a game behind), I will be adjusting the pitching staff rotation. Artie Nehf is suppose to start game 1, but he will be skipped over for Tom Seaver who is rested even with 120 pitches thrown in his last start. Game 2 will put Ace Roy Oswalt up… It’s a shame Bob Feller is down with an injury, I could have gotten into a Seaver vs Feller matchup….

On the Petrocelli first base project, Rico had a 1 pt rating decline in fielding at 1B this SIM to a 23 rating… Ut Oh… maybe he is maxed out… I hope not….

TEAM INFORMATION:

There will be a Live SIM today at 1000 ET - RIGHT HERE