Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 01-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
Oxydizer
All Star Reserve

Interesting

24.9% of the files downloaded from my website are for the logo's for 6.51 and older, I guess there are a few more folks still using the older versions then I thought. I guess I should come up with more logo's for the older games.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
PW MAX
Minors (Triple A)

I'm still doing a lot of my playing with OOTP5, (I like the newer ones, but they seem to make my computer go sloooooooooowwww for some reason). I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a few more logos for that one.

Last edited by PW MAX; 01-19-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:34 PM   #3
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Do you mean actual logo files? In that case, I wouldn't put solid numbers to it as, given the tremendous variety with which we all play the game, those could just as easily be being used in v2007+ games. Don't you think?
Old 01-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
Oxydizer
All Star Reserve

Yeah Endgame, you could be right. I am going to post a new logo style, this will be just for the older games because of 0,0,0 black that is used as a transparent color, That should give a better percentage of people using the older games
Old 02-20-2008, 07:08 PM   #5
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxydizer View Post
24.9% of the files downloaded from my website are for the logo's for 6.51 and older, I guess there are a few more folks still using the older versions then I thought...
Yep. I tried to transfer all my OOTP5 leagues to OOTP6 and then OOTP 2007, but it did not work very well. The players transferred, but the cities did not.

So, I created new leagues for OOTP 2007 and 2008, but I continue to play the 4 or so OOTP5 leagues I have.

OOTP5 is a bit less complex and detailed and is good for a change of pace. OOTP2008 is great, but it looks too much like an SI game.

I play Football Manager, and have fun with it, but SI to me means "cheating AI" and "tactics that don't work." Sometimes I want to play a baseball management game that does not remind me of an SI game.

So, I still go back to OOTP5 from time to time.

I'm looking for some logos for my OOTP5 leagues. Some generic letter logos like the ones that come with the game would be great. My OOTP5 "Summer League" includes teams like Las Vegas, Hartford, etc.

I have tried to make some logos, but the results are less than good.