Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 11-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
Joshua6021
Minors (Single A)

Ajou Baseball Simulator

Ajou Baseball SImulator is a 24 team fictional writing league with a coyple of extra fixtures to keep GMs on their toes, so I need good GMs. With this in mind, I only want to focus on Commishing, so I will need all of the teams filled. This league is new and un-simmed so if you would like to change the location or logo of your team, you should let me know soon before I make a finsihed report. Once we get up to 18 or so we can start and let others catch up. Either way lets get this going! I just added some links for everyone to get a look at the choices! I am clearing away most photos, in order to make way for any changes that might occur if a GM wants to create their own team. Oh yeah, Ball parks can also be changed but please do not make me wait too long for the specs.

Join Via Forum or email me

Forum
Open Teams:

Colorado Springs
Durham
Corpus
Dallas
El Paso
Fresno
Houston
Jupiter
Las Vegas
Little Rock
Long Beach(Taken)
Memphis
Nashville
New Orleans
Portland(Taken)
Sacromento
Salt Lake
San Fran
San Jose
Albuquerque
Buffalo
Aspen Allstars Home Page

League Settings
• Commissioner contact: Joshua6021@gmail.com
• Commissioner will not hold a team
• Fantasy Draft using computer generated rosters, which have played five, seasons before the start.
• OOTP9.2.3 is required to play
• DH is off
• Coaches and Scouts are off
• Format is Fictional
• Talent only, No Ratings
• All Teams begin on equal financial footing
• Fan interest is set at 65 across the board
• Amateur Draft is six rounds
• 24 teams; 2 leagues, 3 divisions each (4/4/4) each with AAA,AA,A minor league farm systems
• Three Round Playoff Format (Best of 5, 7,7)
• ERA= Starting in 1985 prices set to modern
• Players to refuse minors and arbitration activated
• (new) Armature Ringers Bidding (ARB)
• Colt 45 Top Writing Performances (5 a season for extra PP)
• ASPN Games of the week. Each team gets two chances for extra PP
• Pre-season Champions Tournament
• Minor League Champions Bonus

List of extra Features

Pre-season Champions Tournament:
The Pre-season Champions Tournament is a feature which all managers should participate. The games will be scheduled by the Commissioner during the winter meetings and carried out in a two game elimination bracket. The top teams from each bracket will be place in Group A, the Second place teams into Group B, Third into C and Fourth in D. The top four teams will be awarded fan increase points for the rest of the season with 90 being the highest obtainable.
Rewards are:
1st 5 fan increase + $1,000,000
2nd 3 fan increase + $800,000
3rd 2 fan increase + $500,000
4th 1 fan increase + $250,000

Minor League Champions Bonus:
If your minor league system is properly maintained, you should see a great increase in top quality players. In this case, you minor league teams will start to win. Each season, a total of $1million will be given to the franchise which has the three level champions.
AAA Champs: $1million
AA Champs: $1 Million
A Champs: $1 Million
Open Team Policy

Colt 45 Top Writing Performances
Throughout the season, the ten best articles will be picked through submitting or recommendation to the commissioner and voted on by the members of the league for this writing award. In the event of a tie, the article at hand will be voted on once more and divided in this manner. In case of a third tie, the commissioner will choose the winner. The highest rated article of each season will be placed in the writing section of the “ABS Hall of Fame” section for all to honor for all time, or the demise of the Internet.

ASPN Games of the week
Every week two games will be selected by the commissioner as game of the week candidates- two from each league. The owners will have two hours before the sim of the selected game, always a Sunday sim, to submit the pre-game synopsis of players and game outcome prediction. Each team will receive two opportunities per season to accomplish this. Owners can only gain points on the sim they are picked to participate. Owners can check the main page as well as the forum titled ASPN to find out when they are selected. The entire schedule will be posted before the regular season begins.

Last edited by Joshua6021; 11-26-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Joshua6021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:04 PM   #2
Joshua6021
Minors (Single A)

Ajou Baseball Sim is looking for GMs

Ajou Baseball SImulator is a 24 team fictional writing league with a coyple of extra fixtures to keep GMs on their toes. Need good GMs. I only want to focus on Commishing so I will need all of the teams filled. Once we get up ti 18 or so we can start and let others cathc up. Either way lets get this going!

Join Via Forum or email me
Webpage
Forum
Open Teams:

Colorado Springs
Durham
Corpus
Dallas
El Paso
Fresno
Houston
Jupiter
Las Vegas
Little Rock
Long Beach
Memphis
Nashville
New Orleans
Portland
Sacromento
Salt Lake
San Fran
San Jose
Albuquerque
Buffalo
Aspen

League Settings
• Commissioner contact: Joshua6021@gmail.com
• Commissioner will not hold a team
• Fantasy Draft using computer generated rosters, which have played five, seasons before the start.
• OOTP9.2.3 is required to play
• DH is off
• Coaches and Scouts are off
• Format is Fictional
• Talent only, No Ratings
• All Teams begin on equal financial footing
• Fan interest is set at 65 across the board
• Amateur Draft is six rounds
• 24 teams; 2 leagues, 3 divisions each (4/4/4) each with AAA,AA,A minor league farm systems
• Three Round Playoff Format (Best of 5, 7,7)
• ERA= Starting in 1985 prices set to modern
• Players to refuse minors and arbitration activated
• (new) Armature Ringers Bidding (ARB)
• Colt 45 Top Writing Performances (5 a season for extra PP)
• ASPN Games of the week. Each team gets two chances for extra PP
• Pre-season Champions Tournament
• Minor League Champions Bonus

List of extra Features

Pre-season Champions Tournament:
The Pre-season Champions Tournament is a feature which all managers should participate. The games will be scheduled by the Commissioner during the winter meetings and carried out in a two game elimination bracket. The top teams from each bracket will be place in Group A, the Second place teams into Group B, Third into C and Fourth in D. The top four teams will be awarded fan increase points for the rest of the season with 90 being the highest obtainable.
Rewards are:
1st 5 fan increase + $1,000,000
2nd 3 fan increase + $800,000
3rd 2 fan increase + $500,000
4th 1 fan increase + $250,000

Minor League Champions Bonus:
If your minor league system is properly maintained, you should see a great increase in top quality players. In this case, you minor league teams will start to win. Each season, a total of $1million will be given to the franchise which has the three level champions.
AAA Champs: $1million
AA Champs: $1 Million
A Champs: $1 Million
Open Team Policy

Colt 45 Top Writing Performances
Throughout the season, the ten best articles will be picked through submitting or recommendation to the commissioner and voted on by the members of the league for this writing award. In the event of a tie, the article at hand will be voted on once more and divided in this manner. In case of a third tie, the commissioner will choose the winner. The highest rated article of each season will be placed in the writing section of the “ABS Hall of Fame” section for all to honor for all time, or the demise of the Internet.

ASPN Games of the week
Every week two games will be selected by the commissioner as game of the week candidates- two from each league. The owners will have two hours before the sim of the selected game, always a Sunday sim, to submit the pre-game synopsis of players and game outcome prediction. Each team will receive two opportunities per season to accomplish this. Owners can only gain points on the sim they are picked to participate. Owners can check the main page as well as the forum titled ASPN to find out when they are selected. The entire schedule will be posted before the regular season begins.[/quote]
Old 11-25-2008, 08:49 AM   #3
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

This seems like a cool idea. Hit me up on aim at Fightin83irish. I would like to move the team from Portland, Oregon to Corvallis, Oregon. I got team logo, hat and jersey logo for my team in corvallis, if this is possible.
Syxx34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Joshua, what does "Ajou" mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx34 View Post
I got team logo, hat and jersey logo for my team in corvallis, if this is possible.
Are they the Beavers?
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:58 PM   #5
Joshua6021
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx34 View Post
This seems like a cool idea. Hit me up on aim at Fightin83irish. I would like to move the team from Portland, Oregon to Corvallis, Oregon. I got team logo, hat and jersey logo for my team in corvallis, if this is possible.
That is what new leagues are for! Compress your info and send to me via email. I have to re export the file to get logo and pic on it anyways. So you will be able to get the big by no later than Fridat your time if all goes well. Thanks and feel free to add an intro duction to the forum! Josh
Old 11-25-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
aljunge
Bat Boy

As far as I know, Ajou has chinese characters as there are many chinese characters in Korean language. A(亞) is Asia and jou(洲) is Continent.
aljunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #7
Joshua6021
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljunge View Post
As far as I know, Ajou has chinese characters as there are many chinese characters in Korean language. A(亞) is Asia and jou(洲) is Continent.

Your Han ja where correct but you translation is a little off. 亞洲 Stands for Asia The first charater is only a sound, but has no meaning by itself. It is mostly used in abbreviations for western words added to the languages. The second, Ju, stands for state. So translated directly you get Aisan state. Remeber that the concept of orientalism stands on a foundation dthat your people are one and everyonne outside is different. The actual word for continent is 大陸 or Dae Ryuk meaning "big land" in direct translation. So my league is the asian baseball simulator, 아주의야구시뮬레이터.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:39 AM   #8
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

Joshua, i'll be on later...hit me up on my aim at Fightin83irish. I will file transfer you the hat logo, team logo, and jersey logo. As well as tell you the colors to setup my uniforms. The team would be called "Corvallis Red Raiders." Can i setup my own ballpark and minor league teams and stuff?
Old 11-26-2008, 08:45 AM   #9
Joshua6021
Minors (Single A)

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, since your so in to your homemade team, I guess so. I'll talk to you in a bit. Remember that I am in Korea and it is 11pm now. No work tommorrow but I have a nasty cold. So not too late. Josh
Old 11-29-2008, 02:39 PM   #10
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

Yo man....just got busy with the holidays and work with all the people on vacation at my work. I have been putting in some extra times. However I am working on my teams. Such as Corvallis Red Raiders (ML Team). Do you want me to do the ballpark factors for each level as in AVG LHB/RHB, Doubles, Triples, HR LHB/RHB?