Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 02-25-2017, 10:26 PM   #21
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

One minor issue i noticed, when editing a player the salary and year are ok however when you save it modifies their Salary cap hit based on their remaining salary/term.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:29 AM   #22
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
One minor issue i noticed, when editing a player the salary and year are ok however when you save it modifies their Salary cap hit based on their remaining salary/term.
Yeah, that's intentional, cap hit is calculated over the life of the contract (as it is in the real NHL) and has to be uniform for each year of the deal, otherwise it'd break things like player valuation in trades - the AI wouldn't be able to tell if a guy is going to have a much bigger/smaller cap hit the following year, and could wind up with huge cap issues as a result.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:12 PM   #23
dissentowner
Bat Boy

Ok, not happy. Bought FHM3 off the Mac App store yesterday, paid $54.00 Canadian for it. Was playing GM path to glory and noticed my starting goalie was always playing. So I came here and saw this update. Downloaded it and now my game says I have to purchase it or enter licence number. I didn't get a licence number from the App store. How do I resolve this?
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:58 AM   #24
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Ok, not happy. Bought FHM3 off the Mac App store yesterday, paid $54.00 Canadian for it. Was playing GM path to glory and noticed my starting goalie was always playing. So I came here and saw this update. Downloaded it and now my game says I have to purchase it or enter licence number. I didn't get a licence number from the App store. How do I resolve this?
Ah, the Mac app store version updates automatically - the download above installs the eSellerate version, which is why it's asking for the license now (I'll update the post so that's a little clearer.) You may need to uninstall and reinstall to get it working properly again (your save will still be there, unless you specify during uninstallation to delete the saves and settings.) Let me know if that doesn't work properly for you, I may have another way around it.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:45 AM   #25
dissentowner
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Ah, the Mac app store version updates automatically - the download above installs the eSellerate version, which is why it's asking for the license now (I'll update the post so that's a little clearer.) You may need to uninstall and reinstall to get it working properly again (your save will still be there, unless you specify during uninstallation to delete the saves and settings.) Let me know if that doesn't work properly for you, I may have another way around it.
Yeah, I re installed it and all is good. Thanks for the reply.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:16 AM   #26
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Ive noticed sometimes the backups get a lot of starts when they heat up which does make sense, but the some starters like Price do not get too many starts. In my save Al Montoya started 75% of the first 41 games of the season over a healthy Carey Price

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:30 AM   #27
Charlie82
Bat Boy

Did you ever find a fix for the issues I raised? And if so will it be released soon. A reminder of the bugs:
1. Display issues on second and third special team units (both strategy screens)
2. Display issue for defensive slots on 4on3 power play (in-game strategy screen)
3. Display issue for third line forwards on 4on5 kill (in-game strategy screen)
4. Tactical scores not turning the right colour in game

It has been a while and a few updates now without this finally being resolved. Currently I am holding off playing much until it is because it is so irritating.
Charlie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #28
JeffR
FHM Producer

No plans for another update at this point. It'll probably require something that's completely game-breaking for us to go back and open up the FHM3 code again.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:09 PM   #29
Charlie82
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
No plans for another update at this point. It'll probably require something that's completely game-breaking for us to go back and open up the FHM3 code again.
Well I am unimpressed to say the least. You release a major update shortly after I buy the game which made a complete mess of the most fundamental aspect of the game (choosing your team), and after a couple of botched attempts to fix it (I don't know who on earth your playtesters are) it is still full of bugs and unenjoyable to play.
What was the point of me taking the time to upload my save? You admitted it would affect the roles I can choose during a game and led me to believe it would be fixed.
You shouldn't have released such a major update this late on if you weren't going to make sure it was implemented properly.

And not so much as a sorry from you. I play a Football Manager game from a certain rival of yours, and in comparison their customer service and product support is way better. It is the first time I have bought a hockey sim and I wanted to try a different developer from my football game. I guess though I will be heading to EHM next year.
Charlie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:40 AM   #30
JeffR
FHM Producer

I'm sorry you feel that way, but you seem to be alone in your opinion that the game has somehow been made unplayable; the problems you mentioned may be irritating to you, but they certainly don't make the game impossible to continue. If another, more serious, issue became evident that required an update, those things may get fixed along with it, but it hasn't happened yet. At some point, we need to move forward, just like any other developer, including SI. And I'll certainly stand by our support relative to EHM's - I'm here every day answering questions and taking bug reports.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:18 AM   #31
Knoeppel
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie82 View Post
.....and in comparison their customer service and product support is way better.
I must say i think you are quite unfair saying the costumer service is bad from the FHM team.

I think this is one of the forums were the gamedevelopers are very active and answer most of your questions!

I have even gotten one of my questions implemented in the game, and that is a first for me.

Every game has it´s flaws. You should really try out EHM, it´s also is a great game, but it also has its flaws.

If you go to SI forum, you´ll find people screaming at FM also.

FHM has it´s irritating moments, but i´ll take it any day. I mean you can take the Sharks all the way from 1991 to their first Stanley Cup!!!

Many thanks to the developers, you do a great job!!
Knoeppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:35 PM   #32
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

If you could open up Source Code again 3 things I would to see add to this version are World Template save option so can either be used start a new League or Imported into a League ,Edit League Structure because would like to do Geographical,League Evolution.

Last edited by mgom27; 04-16-2017 at 12:48 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote