Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 01-04-2017, 11:39 AM   #1
azhockeynut
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Lightbulb Trade AI issue in PTG

Support asked me to post here for additional feedback from the community.
I started a PTG, got the AZ Coyotes, GM Only.
First season made playoffs but bounced in 1st round by the Kings. Second season, still in progress, hit the trading deadline. When it occurred to me...
I got 0 trade proposals in year 1 from other teams, I made some trades and proposals but never got any initiated by the AI. So in year 2 I put some guys on TB, got some proposals for them. But only for guys on TB.

This makes no sense. GMs would get calls daily or weekly about trade ideas big and small. Hey any interest in moving Max Domi? as an example. So and So is a FA at the end of the season and you guys are near the bottom, interested in moving him? what would it take? You know those calls go on all the time so why as the GM did I get NOTHING like that in a year and a half?

It seems in order to get an offer I have to put a guy on the block. Now On the block seems like a public thing, like public shopping player X and it should have an effect on their morale...if they want to leave its a boost, if they want to stay it is a negative. However, there should be a way to quietly shop a player without having to come up with a ton of ideas and a bunch of trade offers on your own.

Also, is there a report that shows which teams are looking for what? I only see it in the trade offer area and that is one team at a time.... If I wanted to shop a Center, it would be nice to have a list of who is in need of one. Maybe each team could set what they want not just what my scouts think they need. they might think they are ok at center because they are grooming 3 young ones but my scouts say they are weak there.

anyhow some feedback please.
azhockeynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:28 PM   #2
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

If you go to the trade window, you'll get a report for each team, individually, that they are weak at a position (or have no weakness), that's the closest I have as to who is interested in what. It's maddeningly inefficient, but I write down each team in a column for each position.

It would be great to be able to post something to the trade block that says "I'm interested in acquiring a ____", perhaps with some qualification (like scouting filters), which would then let the AI know you're in the market and potentially make some offers. A screen in the trade block with a list of each team's wants would be great.

Last edited by Torgonius; 01-04-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:03 PM   #3
azhockeynut
Minors (Rookie Ball)

[QUOTE=Torgonius;4134059]If you go to the trade window, you'll get a report for each team, individually, that they are weak at a position (or have no weakness), QUOTE]

That's all I could find and it is real hard to do that. a "spreadsheet" type view seems more like what a GM would have at his disposal.

..Talking to his asst gm... "Hey, who's looking for a Goalie, we think we can trade one of them now while both are hot, let's kick some tires on that?"

It just doesn't feel much like how it should work at the moment. Especially where I get zero offers from other gms unless I put a guy on the block
azhockeynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:09 PM   #4
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

my main issue is when a team is not renewing a contract of a certain player, and i try to trade for his rights for a late round pick they just reject it.

surely it makes sense to get a 7th rounder or ask for something back for a player you are letting go to free agency...
tk43 is offline   Reply With Quote