Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:55 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Cool OOTP 20 - Final release build for tomorrow is now compiling!

The time is near. We are about to compile the final release build for tomorrow's launch. Number 20. Can you believe it?

I would like to thank everybody involved in this incredible journey, starting with my ex-girlfriend from October 1997 who complained back then that I spent too much time with this nonsense baseball game idea. Which obviously motivated me even more.

This game would not be what it is today without the countless volunteers and beta testers who help us every year. And it would not be what it is without you guys, the community., who keep us on our toes and support us with so much feedback and so many great ideas. You guys are awesome.

So, 28 hours left and the game will launch. We can't wait!

OK. Sentimental rant is over. See you tomorrow for our biggest and best launch ever!

Markus

Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:00 AM   #2
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Everyone has a "mission in life".. You certainly found yours and ran with it!.. I think that's the hard part.. and because of that you have given so much pleasure to others. As a baseball sim player since 1963 (yes that is correct), playing a game like this has been my dream. Hats off to you and the wonderful staff for making it come true... SUPER EXCITED
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:01 AM   #3
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
The time is near. We are about to compile the final release build for tomorrow's launch. Number 20. Can you believe it?

I would like to thank everybody involved in this incredible journey, starting with my ex-girlfriend from October 1997 who complained back then that I spent too much time with this nonsense baseball game idea. Which obviously motivated me even more.

This game would not be what it is today without the countless volunteers and beta testers who help us every year. And it would not be what it is without you guys, the community., who keep us on our toes and support us with so much feedback and so many great ideas. You guys are awesome.

OK. Sentimental rant is over. See you tomorrow for our biggest and best launch ever!

Markus

Out of the girlfriend 2020
Gerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:02 AM   #4
neugey
All Star Reserve

Looking forward to tomorrow. Cheers to the hardest working team in the sim community!

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:07 AM   #5
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Markus, thank you again for another great version. Having played every version since 3, ootp has been a yearly right of passage and hearing from the wife it's time to leave for something and my response back, I need to finish this half inning or finalize this trade.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:33 AM   #6
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

This is the year, I can feel it!

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:55 AM   #7
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Can we expect anything new added to the game since Monday on the official release?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:57 AM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Can we expect anything new added to the game since Monday on the official release?
No new features. Many bug fixes, and some small adjustments to reliever usage and fatigue.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:07 AM   #9
jtnlange
Minors (Triple A)

Markus and team,

Thank you very much for an enjoyable game year after year. this is the time of the year I look forward to. Now to build my fantasy baseball universe and take my beloved Milwaukee Warriors to the World Series.

Thank you again

Trevor L.

Last edited by jtnlange; 03-21-2019 at 10:11 AM.
jtnlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:07 AM   #10
Shake Appeal
Minors (Double A)

Any further database updates tomorrow? There have been a lot of late injuries (Fulmer, Luzardo), extensions (Bregman, Trout), signings (Kimbrel to the Brewers, maybe?), etc.

I know this slow-moving offseason can't be easy on the release schedule.
Shake Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:19 AM   #11
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

Once again, thank you to the entire team for another excellent game! I've been here since OOTP 11 and the amount of time and effort put into this game can be seen by all. You guys are the best at what you do.
The Yurpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:20 AM   #12
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake Appeal View Post
Any further database updates tomorrow? There have been a lot of late injuries (Fulmer, Luzardo), extensions (Bregman, Trout), signings (Kimbrel to the Brewers, maybe?), etc.

I know this slow-moving offseason can't be easy on the release schedule.
With Live Start these will be updated as the season goes.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:24 AM   #13
Shake Appeal
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
With Live Start these will be updated as the season goes.
Will that be working as of tomorrow? Because apart from the Japan series, the season doesn't start for another week.
Shake Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:08 PM   #14
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

We can't update Kimbrel to the Brewers until they actually confirm that

We've been too swamped right now, so most of those other recent developments won't be in the new standard games before release, but as with every year, we'll continue to update the DB and try to stay on top of things as much as we can.

And to re-iterate to people, not *everything* gets captured by the live updates. Stuff like contract extensions won't get updated in the live start mode. But hopefully the rest of it will work
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #15
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

Well, can't the players that will begin the year on the IR (for example Aaron Hicks and Luis Severino) be reflected correctly in the game? On both Beta releases, they are on the Yankees active roster.
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:21 PM   #16
Neezer
Minors (Double A)

Cant wait!

Now....get to work on that darn football sim!!!!
Neezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:26 PM   #17
T-Bone
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezer View Post
Cant wait!

Now....get to work on that darn football sim!!!!
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:30 PM   #18
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post

Markus

No, thank you, Team Markus. And the ex-gf, her loss...in more ways than one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnlange View Post
Markus and team,

Thank you very much for an enjoyable game year after year. this is the time of the year I look forward to. Now to build my fantasy baseball universe and take my beloved Milwaukee Warriors to the World Series.

Thank you again

Trevor L.
Trevor, did they get tired of being associated with low quality beer?

And have fun all.

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:40 PM   #19
jtnlange
Minors (Triple A)

Well beer is only $8 a cup at the stadium so cant be that bad! :-)

Trevor L.
jtnlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:57 PM   #20
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmooth View Post
Well, can't the players that will begin the year on the IR (for example Aaron Hicks and Luis Severino) be reflected correctly in the game? On both Beta releases, they are on the Yankees active roster.
We have most of them covered in tomorrow's release build. If we missed any or more come up over the weekend, we'll update that for the default game in patch 1 which I'd expect on Wednesday.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote