Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2019, 02:47 PM   #41
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 386
Thanks: 5
Thanked 45x in 24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Yeah, I'll add that to our instructions, as that might end up being super helpful for some other folks.
Bad news. I closed the game, re-opened, was asked to re-license the game and am getting the same error now. The game won't run.
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:54 PM   #42
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 12,268
Thanks: 19,126
Thanked 9,035x in 4,506 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
Bad news. I closed the game, re-opened, was asked to re-license the game and am getting the same error now. The game won't run.
Are you running the game in admin mode each time you start it?

If you go to the directory where OOTP is installed and right click on the OOTP20.exe icon and then go to 'properties' > 'compatibility' you can select the option to 'run this program as administrator' on that screen and then every time you start the game it will automatically run in admin mode.

Given the issues with the activation on your system, I would guess that's going to be a necessary step to getting and keeping things working.
__________________


lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.


Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:55 PM   #43
Pirates
Minors (Triple A)
 
Pirates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 298
Thanks: 109
Thanked 155x in 79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
Bad news. I closed the game, re-opened, was asked to re-license the game and am getting the same error now. The game won't run.
Pete, I posted detailed instructions on how to contact ESELLRATE.
You need to read that post and take the initiative to fix your problem.
I believe they included a phone number.
Start there first and let us know if they were able to help you.
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:11 PM   #44
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 386
Thanks: 5
Thanked 45x in 24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Are you running the game in admin mode each time you start it?

If you go to the directory where OOTP is installed and right click on the OOTP20.exe icon and then go to 'properties' > 'compatibility' you can select the option to 'run this program as administrator' on that screen and then every time you start the game it will automatically run in admin mode.

Given the issues with the activation on your system, I would guess that's going to be a necessary step to getting and keeping things working.
That isn't working. I'll just contact esellerrate myself
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:21 PM   #45
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 12,268
Thanks: 19,126
Thanked 9,035x in 4,506 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
That isn't working. I'll just contact esellerrate myself
Are you on the same network where the license went through, or did you switch back to the old one?

I do think that contacting eSellerate is directly going to be your best bet, as this is really a very technically complex problem that is unfortunately beyond our expertise, much as we want to help.
__________________


lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.


Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:31 PM   #46
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 386
Thanks: 5
Thanked 45x in 24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Are you on the same network where the license went through, or did you switch back to the old one?

I do think that contacting eSellerate is directly going to be your best bet, as this is really a very technically complex problem that is unfortunately beyond our expertise, much as we want to help.
Just spoke to esellerate and was told by them to reach out to you. Full circle.
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:34 PM   #47
Orcin
Hall Of Famer
 
Orcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,324
Thanks: 4,440
Thanked 8,245x in 3,980 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
Bad news. I closed the game, re-opened, was asked to re-license the game and am getting the same error now. The game won't run.
That's because the license check is failing. Your work network's firewall will not allow the reply from esellerate.
__________________

Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:38 PM   #48
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 386
Thanks: 5
Thanked 45x in 24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
That's because the license check is failing. Your work network's firewall will not allow the reply from esellerate.
I'm not on my work network
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:41 PM   #49
Pirates
Minors (Triple A)
 
Pirates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 298
Thanks: 109
Thanked 155x in 79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
I'm not on my work network
Do you have another computer that you could download this game on?
Maybe a girlfriend/wife/parents computer.
This may help you to determine where the actual problem lies.

Just a thought.
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:50 PM   #50
krtgolfing
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 20
Thanks: 8
Thanked 3x in 2 posts
It is clearly something that is wrong on your end and not an issue with the software since it happens every year. Yet thousands of other people have no issue with getting the game licensed and working.
krtgolfing is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
jd200600 (03-19-2019), Pirates (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 03:56 PM   #51
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 12,268
Thanks: 19,126
Thanked 9,035x in 4,506 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krtgolfing View Post
It is clearly something that is wrong on your end and not an issue with the software since it happens every year. Yet thousands of other people have no issue with getting the game licensed and working.
Whoever's end it's on, we want to get it working right so Pete can play the game.

The problem is, I do not know what to do at this point. I've dealt with hundreds of license activation issues, but I've never had one this persistently difficult. I've talked with Markus and Andreas and the rest of the teams well, and we're at a loss.

Typically even in difficult licensing issues, offline licensing is the last step you need to take and that solves the problem. If the license check fails after that, running the game in admin, with all firewall/security stuff either turned off or at least with OOTP whitelisted in each of them, will get things going again.

Clearly there is something very much out of the norm going on here, but short of deactivating every other program running on the computer (particularly any security programs) at the same time and trying to run the licensing check after each time, to see if it's possible to determine where the problem lies, which would obviously be incredibly time consuming, I do not have any other brilliant ideas.
__________________


lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.



Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-19-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
5 thanks for this post:
BirdWatcher (03-19-2019), BoofBonser26 (03-19-2019), jd200600 (03-19-2019), krtgolfing (03-19-2019), Markus Heinsohn (03-20-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 04:04 PM   #52
Pirates
Minors (Triple A)
 
Pirates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 298
Thanks: 109
Thanked 155x in 79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Whoever's end it's on, we want to get it working right so Pete can play the game.

The problem is, I do not know what to do at this point. I've dealt with hundreds of license activation issues, but I've never had one this persistently difficult. I've talked with Markus and Andreas and the rest of the teams well, and we're at a loss.

Typically even in difficult licensing issues, offline licensing is the last step you need to take and that solves the problem. If the license check fails after that, running the game in admin, with all firewall/security stuff either turned off or at least with OOTP whitelisted in each of them, will get things going again.

Clearly there is something very much out of the norm going on here, but short of deactivating every other program running on the computer (particularly any security programs) at the same time and trying to run the licensing check after each time, to see if it's possible to determine where the problem lies, which would obviously be incredibly time consuming, I do not have any other brilliant ideas.
What are you talking about? A person that really wants to solve a problem takes the initiative to solve said problem. Obviously, He doesn't want to do that. He has been given many different reasons why this problem is happening. He does as little if anything, as possible.
If it was happening to me, I would have solved this problem years ago, so it doesn't keep happening every year. He chooses not to do anything, but complain.
What new advice can you give him, that hasn't been said 100 times?
You are a better man than me.

Take care.
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
saturn2187 (03-20-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 04:16 PM   #53
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 386
Thanks: 5
Thanked 45x in 24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates View Post
What are you talking about? A person that really wants to solve a problem takes the initiative to solve said problem. Obviously, He doesn't want to do that. He has been given many different reasons why this problem is happening. He does as little if anything, as possible.
If it was happening to me, I would have solved this problem years ago, so it doesn't keep happening every year. He chooses not to do anything, but complain.
What new advice can you give him, that hasn't been said 100 times?
You are a better man than me.

Take care.
You can excuse yourself from the conversation whenever you want. I called esellerate, in case you didn't see the post, and they directed me back here for help. I've taken every step I know of, uninstall/reinstall, try different computers, try different networks. Start in safemode and tracemode. I've done every troubleshoot I've been given and tried things on my own. So yeah, take care. I appreciate Lukas and Markus trying to help. We'll figure it out. Without you.
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:17 PM   #54
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 386
Thanks: 5
Thanked 45x in 24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Whoever's end it's on, we want to get it working right so Pete can play the game.

The problem is, I do not know what to do at this point. I've dealt with hundreds of license activation issues, but I've never had one this persistently difficult. I've talked with Markus and Andreas and the rest of the teams well, and we're at a loss.

Typically even in difficult licensing issues, offline licensing is the last step you need to take and that solves the problem. If the license check fails after that, running the game in admin, with all firewall/security stuff either turned off or at least with OOTP whitelisted in each of them, will get things going again.

Clearly there is something very much out of the norm going on here, but short of deactivating every other program running on the computer (particularly any security programs) at the same time and trying to run the licensing check after each time, to see if it's possible to determine where the problem lies, which would obviously be incredibly time consuming, I do not have any other brilliant ideas.
Thanks Lukas. You've been a great help. Others, no so much. I'll continue to work.
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #55
Pirates
Minors (Triple A)
 
Pirates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 298
Thanks: 109
Thanked 155x in 79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
You can excuse yourself from the conversation whenever you want. I called esellerate, in case you didn't see the post, and they directed me back here for help. I've taken every step I know of, uninstall/reinstall, try different computers, try different networks. Start in safemode and tracemode. I've done every troubleshoot I've been given and tried things on my own. So yeah, take care. I appreciate Lukas and Markus trying to help. We'll figure it out. Without you.
Then please explain why you keep having the same problem, year after year, for many years.
Why didn't you fix said problem years ago?
I'm not trying to be mean, but this is a reality. If every computer you use, this keeps happening, I would call a computer expert to come and fix my problem. Problem solved.
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:24 PM   #56
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 386
Thanks: 5
Thanked 45x in 24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates View Post
Then please explain why you keep having the same problem, year after year, for many years.
Why didn't you fix said problem years ago?
I'm not trying to be mean, but this is a reality. If every computer you use, this keeps happening, I would call a computer expert to come and fix my problem. Problem solved.
Because I dont have the issue with any other game. I always have issues activating OOTP.
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:33 PM   #57
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 12,268
Thanks: 19,126
Thanked 9,035x in 4,506 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates View Post
Then please explain why you keep having the same problem, year after year, for many years.
Why didn't you fix said problem years ago?
I'm not trying to be mean, but this is a reality. If every computer you use, this keeps happening, I would call a computer expert to come and fix my problem. Problem solved.
Please, I get you're trying to help, and appreciate it but this really isn't that helpful.

We need to get this working for Pete and it's adding to everyone's frustration to have a bunch of side issues interjected into the discussion.

He has a right to expect the game to work when he tries to install it. It's what we expect as well.

That being said,this is a really difficult issue and it's probably something that even your typical local computer expert wouldn't be able to handle quickly or easily or economically.

We'll figure this out one way or another, but it really would be best if we can just get down to doing that as efficiently as possible

Thanks!
__________________


lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.


Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
BIG17EASY (03-20-2019), BoofBonser26 (03-19-2019), old timer (03-20-2019), Pirates (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 04:34 PM   #58
Pirates
Minors (Triple A)
 
Pirates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 298
Thanks: 109
Thanked 155x in 79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
Because I dont have the issue with any other game. I always have issues activating OOTP.
I understand what you are saying. I know very little about computers.
These type of problems irritate me. I would have had a computer expect come to my house, and fix the problem.
Try going to a friends house and use their internet connection.

How did you get the game working, in prior years?
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:35 PM   #59
Pirates
Minors (Triple A)
 
Pirates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 298
Thanks: 109
Thanked 155x in 79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Please, I get you're trying to help, and appreciate it but this really isn't that helpful.

We need to get this working for Pete and it's adding to everyone's frustration to have a bunch of side issues interjected into the discussion.

He has a right to expect the game to work when he tries to install it. It's what we expect as well.

That being said,this is a really difficult issue and it's probably something that even your typical local computer expert wouldn't be able to handle quickly or easily or economically.

We'll figure this out one way or another, but it really would be best if we can just get down to doing that as efficiently as possible

Thanks!
No problem.
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Lukas Berger (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 04:35 PM   #60
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 12,268
Thanks: 19,126
Thanked 9,035x in 4,506 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
Thanks Lukas. You've been a great help. Others, no so much. I'll continue to work.
I'm going to have to sleep on this now unfortunately, but we'll be back at it tomorrow and we'll figure something out. I'll check in with our folks in America and Canada and other time zones as well to see if any of them can keep helping out or if they can think of anything I've missed.
__________________


lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.


Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments