Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:59 AM   #21
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefan1978 View Post
Cubs as always playing every game and I want to run the Padres as well. May even play as the Braves or Pirates.
I did pirates in 19 they were pretty fun I did a complete rebuild from day 1. Gutted the entire team and started wash ups and Mexican leaguers as my MLB team, lowest salary team in MLB.

Full universe so you get earlier start date that helped. Got lots of prospects and had money to gain assets like an NBA team.

I had no problem trading for high priced free agents with 1 year left then trading them an absorbing 100% salary. Those win it now teams go crazy for trade them when they don't have to pay 20 million. Again more prospects.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:45 AM   #22
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I will attempt to get the Tigers righted again. Will do a fire sale to dump Zimmerman and thankfully Martinez retired and Caberra's contract hopes he would eventually wave the no trade clause.( I have seen a few wave the clause in the game) and build a team.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:24 AM   #23
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

I might have missed this.. In 20 will the Live cards change ratings like in PP?...Oh... I guess so I believe that's what it says in the New Features"

Last edited by Ormondbeachdan; 03-13-2019 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Clarification
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:22 AM   #24
bborello
Minors (Rookie Ball)

the Pads..Always the Pads
bborello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:39 AM   #25
Galeg
Major Leagues

I had a ton of fun in 19 doing two separate rebuilds of the Tigers. Both GM only, but in one save I didn't allow myself any trades of FA signings so it was all about drafting and smart extensions.

This year I am feeling an expansion team. Hoping to have a lot of fun. I'd love to run my home team, Cleveland, but I think they're too good for me to have fun with.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:14 PM   #26
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

I do weird things.
-First, I only play as an NL team. I like the extra strategy of the pitcher hitting.
-Second, I realized in OOTP19 that the reason I don't watch MLB games anymore.....all K's and HR's and shifts and Tommy John surgeries.....are rolling over into my OOTP experience.
-So......I use current rosters, but I alter the league totals for HR, Hits, Ks and starters IP to about where it was 20 years ago.
-The thing I didn't mess with last year....changing defensive tendencies to take the shift out. I think it's easy....just forgot about it.
-I then do 1 of 2 things. 1. Sim 5 years, find out which NL team had the worst overall record and start with them. Or....do an expansion. but, if I do this (unless they fixed it), I do it in steps. I protect 15 per team, do 1 round, manually choose 1 per team. then re-start, trade the guy I selected to the expansion team, protect 18, draft 1 more round. repeat. I find I have to do the protect lists myself too
-Then, I do some random bull**** to fill my minor leagues. basically moving a little talent from each team to the 2 expansion teams to make their systems a little below average.
-Then, trading on hard / favor prospects. I'm allowed 1 trade, 1 waiver pickup and 1 FA per month (unless the AI offers me a trade directly). Trades should either be right off the shop player, or 2 for 2 at most (I'll do a 3 for 3 sometimes).
-Every year, I have to be bottom 5 in payroll.
chriskelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:35 PM   #27
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Mets.

Step 1) undo the Cano trade. Use commissioner mode if necessary
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:55 PM   #28
fifthorkid
Minors (Rookie Ball)

All-in with the O's for the rebuild. Going to be fun bringing the kids along!

Last edited by fifthorkid; 03-13-2019 at 10:57 PM.
fifthorkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:48 AM   #29
Arobbins
Minors (Double A)

Historic with Mariners then Expos
Arobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:01 PM   #30
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafton19 View Post
As an Orioles fan I try not to use my favorite team but they’re so bad the rebuild project might be worth using them even though I always say I’m going to try someone else and then go back to them but this task might be worth it.
I play the only realistic way. Fictional.

I'll create Two leagues each with four four-team divisions. Play a weighted schedule without the abomination that is interleague play. No wildcards as you have four division winners at the end. Two rounds of Playoffs and a head to head World series of League Champions.

Like the good old days, except with four divisions vs. two.

Being a long time PC baseball fan, reviewer and tester, I've learned that once you insert your input into a season, it all becomes fictional anyway. So why not just play with fictional players from the start and abandon all illusion that you're simulating anything.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:24 PM   #31
Yarideki
Minors (Double A)

My plan is to go with the first team that will hire me and ride it out as long as I can or latch on with a minor league club. My other option is I think I might carry over my current ootp 19 save and then add in the new (to ootp) European leagues by hand during the offseason to avoid duplicating players.
Yarideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:21 PM   #32
naturaldopamine
Minors (Double A)

I only use the Braves.

Acuna, Albies, Freeman, Donaldson..... World Series year 1
naturaldopamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:26 PM   #33
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Wow, seems there a number of Orioles fans here.

Well, as always, I will be managing the Orioles! This will be an interesting year to start the rebuild to say the least.

As a “technical Note”, I will be waiting till the patch that follows Opening Day to begin my universe; that way, all of the teams have some confirmation as to their Opening Day rosters, as well as some fixes following the open beta. While I wait, I will give Perfect Team a try. Anyway, this year should be a really interesting starting-point for the Orioles.

I play out all of my games (at bat) and my settings will be the standard out-of-the box settings, with these following notes / changes:

*20 to 80 ratings scale (what the scouts use)

*No stars (this has been great; highly recommend playing without the stars)

*Trade AI: Most difficult/favor prospects

*3 of the “major” baseball nation leagues: ***, KBO and Mexico (LMB).

*Change the names of major awards to the Real-life names.

Last edited by Calvert98; 03-14-2019 at 10:27 PM.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:09 AM   #34
Motorhead667
All Star Reserve

Marlins
They look to be an interesting rebuild
Motorhead667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:13 AM   #35
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

The Blue Jays as usual but 2020 they are in total rebuilt mode, might by painful to watch since I play all my games in 3D.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:00 PM   #36
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyGunner View Post
I always use the New York Yankees
Well....nobody's perfect, Wally.

For me, same as always...start with the 1901 Giants...but this year, I am thinking of doing something a little different as well. Perhaps the 1939 Boston Red Sox too.

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Last edited by Pineywoods OOTPer; 03-15-2019 at 01:02 PM.
Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:43 PM   #37
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
The Blue Jays as usual but 2020 they are in total rebuilt mode, might by painful to watch since I play all my games in 3D.
They have a stacked farm system though. Literally their entire infield and catcher are great prospects. With 3 of them in the top 100 and a pitcher for 4 total.

vlad, bo, jensen biggio not in top 100 overall but a top 10 second baseman. their 1st last year groshans rates high too. rowdy tellez did above avg at AAA last year at 1B.

pearson their pitcher is a top 100 prospect. Sean Reid-Foley another solid pitching prospect.

So hopefully your rebuild shouldn't be long if some of them pan out.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:26 PM   #38
bravesfan1984
Bat Boy

Forever and always, my Braves. I will be making some moves that should have happened this offseason!
bravesfan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:36 PM   #39
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984 View Post
Forever and always, my Braves. I will be making some moves that should have happened this offseason!
Please share? Is it a closer and right fielder?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2019, 08:40 PM   #40
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

After watching Cardinals spring training, I'm starting to rethink my choice to go with the Marlins.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote