Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-30-2019, 01:52 PM   #41
dieselboy
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
IAFA and scouting discoveries are scouted as "international".
Players with no experience (ie. draft) are amateurs.
Players on major league rosters (or FA with major league experience) are majors.
Players on minor league teams are minors.
Just to clarify, and thank you for posting already...

An International player who you receive an email about in late November after arbitration as "International Free Agents Enter Market", would be scouted as majors?

Based on what I've read in this thread, I'm confused that they would be "international" because they are in fact international, or they could be a player with no experience and be "amateur," as well.
dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:08 PM   #42
dbqs
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy View Post
Just to clarify, and thank you for posting already...

An International player who you receive an email about in late November after arbitration as "International Free Agents Enter Market", would be scouted as majors?

Based on what I've read in this thread, I'm confused that they would be "international" because they are in fact international, or they could be a player with no experience and be "amateur," as well.
I always assumed those fall under "major" league scouting, since they are established international free agents coming from another major league (even if you don't have the league turned on so you can see the stats, etc.)

dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:19 PM   #43
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I believe they will get scouted as international, since we do generate them with "experience", but they don't have any major league history.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:41 PM   #44
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

OK...so let's get this straight....it actually runs the way I thought it should according to Matt if I am reading things correctly.

International money influences the level of scouting for both IAFA as well as IEFA? So are discoveries.

If this is the case, it is welcome news.

Last edited by PSUColonel; 04-30-2019 at 07:46 PM.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:49 PM   #45
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Sounds like the manual really needs a big update or OOTP wording both in manual and in game.

Why call it Amateur scouting if it only covers the Draft? Shouldn't it just be called Draft Scouting?

What's really the difference if they are high school home nation or high school foreign nation? They are still both amateurs.

Not discussing game play mechanics just the wording at least in the manual.

There should be a note under amateur scouting doesn't include international amateur.

I mean here it is directly from the manual
"Scout Amateurs Ability to scout amateur players, such as those in an upcoming first-year player draft. This includes any players with no professional service time"

Notice the word any. That implies all amateurs in the game since even internationals don't have pro service time. That's what any means lol. Wording needs to be changed.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote