Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 12-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
Practice Perfection
Bat Boy

Post Text based game?

So this is a textbased game? Do more reading and homework then looking at graphics of any sort?
So this is kind of similar to the one on Facebook that is something to do with gangs? I forgot the name of the game on Facebook, I played the game for a little while. I slowly lost interest in it.

I turned quadriplegic when I was 23, before then… I played baseball during the summer leagues, our small town wasn't rich enough to support a high school baseball team. Little League was all we had.

It would be nice to manage a team in great detail like what this game has to offer, but… I would also like to watch my players on the field while they are playing the game and possibly manage situation to situation.
Like putting in a fast pinch runner late in the game when the score is close, or… When the other team switches pitchers from a right-handed pitcher to a left-handed pitcher, I would like to be able to bring in a switch hitter or another batter who swings from the other side of the plate.
I'd like to be able to manage the little things in the game.

Does this game offer that, Out Of the Park?

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Practice Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #2
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Oh you can definitely manage play-by-play.

As far as 3D...Not yet but I expect that we will see it within a couple versions. Right now it only has ball flight.

It is a cerebral game that really doesn't need the 3-D aspect in order to be great but I fully understand why people want it. In the meantime pick up OOTP 14 for a great price and play that until you decide if you want to lay out more money for either 15 or the upcoming release of 16.

Welcome to the forum.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 12-22-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #3
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Practice Perfection View Post
So this is a textbased game? Do more reading and homework then looking at graphics of any sort?
So this is kind of similar to the one on Facebook that is something to do with gangs? I forgot the name of the game on Facebook, I played the game for a little while. I slowly lost interest in it.

I turned quadriplegic when I was 23, before then… I played baseball during the summer leagues, our small town wasn't rich enough to support a high school baseball team. Little League was all we had.

It would be nice to manage a team in great detail like what this game has to offer, but… I would also like to watch my players on the field while they are playing the game and possibly manage situation to situation.
Like putting in a fast pinch runner late in the game when the score is close, or… When the other team switches pitchers from a right-handed pitcher to a left-handed pitcher, I would like to be able to bring in a switch hitter or another batter who swings from the other side of the plate.

Thank you.
It's hard to tell whether you are serious or not, looking at your first two paragraphs. The nonsense in the first paragraph makes me skeptical about the second one but in the interests of moving on, and since you don't seem to have any problem getting your words to appear on screen in any event, let's indeed move on.

Because, from your third paragraph on ("It would be nice to manage a team in great detail"), you do indeed seem genuine and I would like to respond. Of what you asked, only this is NOT in the game: "I would also like to watch my players on the field while they are playing the game." But each year, the developers introduce new features (this past year, it was 3D stadiums) so animated ballplayers may not be far away now.

Bear in mind, however, that this is never (hopefully) going to be a video arcade game. The emphasis is always (hopefully) going to be on simulating reality in terms of baseball team management, league competition, and player performances and statistics. That's why they still call OOTPB a text simulation game.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 12-24-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #4
USF
All Star Starter

Quote:

Thank you.
Yes you can play each game and go into as much detail as you want in terms of how you want to play them. Typically the leagues you see online don't have GMs playing their own games, they set up their organization through an export file and the commish sims the games and sends back the results to the owners for them to update again. This cycle repeats. If you want you can play any or all the games manually. It is still text based ie., not a video game. But there is strategy involved and things to review and understand.
I love this game, I also play Stratomatic and both offer different + experiences.
Jason
ABL Commish
USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 03:32 AM   #5
Practice Perfection
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
It's hard to tell whether you are serious or not, looking at your first two paragraphs. The nonsense in the first paragraph makes me skeptical about the second one but in the interests of moving on, and since you don't seem to have any problem getting your words to appear on screen in any event, let's indeed move on.

Because, from your third paragraph on ("It would be nice to manage a team in great detail"), you do indeed seem genuine and I would like to respond. Of what you asked, only this is NOT in the game: "I would also like to watch my players on the field while they are playing the game." But each year, the developers introduce new features (this past year, it was 3D stadiums) so animated ballplayers may not be far away now.

Bear in mind, however, that this is never (hopefully) going to be a video arcade game. The emphasis is always (hopefully) going to be on simulating reality in terms of baseball team management, league competition, and player performances and statistics. That's why they still call OOTPB a text simulation game.
It's best you keep your comments to yourself.
Old 12-25-2014, 03:42 AM   #6
Practice Perfection
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF View Post
Yes you can play each game and go into as much detail as you want in terms of how you want to play them. Typically the leagues you see online don't have GMs playing their own games, they set up their organization through an export file and the commish sims the games and sends back the results to the owners for them to update again. This cycle repeats. If you want you can play any or all the games manually. It is still text based ie., not a video game. But there is strategy involved and things to review and understand.
I love this game, I also play Stratomatic and both offer different + experiences.
Jason
ABL Commish
I like the idea of being the GM and the Head Coach, kind of like being the Jerry Jones of baseball. Or being, "The James Brown" of baseball. The hardest working man in baseball.
Anyway, being able to make changes play-by-play without any real graphics is okay with me.

20 bucks doesn't seem too bad to give it a shot. When do you guys expect the release to come out, and how much?
Do any of you use this game to help you with your Fantasy Teams?
Old 12-25-2014, 09:47 AM   #7
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When do you guys expect the release to come out, and how much?
OOTP15 has been out since April.
Quote:
Do any of you use this game to help you with your Fantasy Teams?
I suppose you could do that, but in my opinion OOTP really wouldn't be a great tool for that. Players in OOTP may get injured or develop differently than they do in real life. As the famous forum saying goes, OOTP knows numbers, not names. The game won't say, "Oh, well, that's Clayton Kerhsaw, so he must do this...." OOTP will see him as a collection of ratings and may do things that you wouldn't expect to happen. To me, the unpredictability is a big part of the fun of OOTP.

There is a demo of the Windows version of OOTP15 available, so you can get a taste of what it does:

http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/oo...5demosetup.exe

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 12-25-2014 at 09:48 AM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 03:28 PM   #8
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's best you keep your comments to yourself.
With pleasure, where you are concerned.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote