Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 12-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #1
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Financial question

Is there a way to change the financial file so that it will be the same file used for any offline league you do?
bcduggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan View Post
Is there a way to change the financial file so that it will be the same file used for any offline league you do?
Heh, no sooner do I say what I said to you in the other thread, than here you are with a question! Well, the file is named financials.txt but let me check tonight. I cannot remember if financials.txt is centrally located outside the saved games folder. If it is, and you continue to use the same installation of the OOTPB program, all the leagues that you create should be looking at that same financials.txt file. I will edit this post later.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Thanks, I did find it. Leads to my follow up question. Problem with the financial file I use is there is a max cash. Do I need to add the cash back every year to each team that loses the money?
Old 12-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #4
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

You can change the cash max in the Leagues option.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #5
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks, I did find it.
Well, now you know that it's in the database folder, not the saved games folder, and as such is central to all leagues. Save your edited file over the default financials.txt in the database folder.

- Bru

Old 12-15-2014, 08:34 PM   #6
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
You can change the cash max in the Leagues option.
I did, but it reset the cash max after year one. If I have to fix it every year, no big deal. Just have to fix it right after WS. If it goes to cash max, all teams will be bankrupt in 30 years with the financials I am using.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:19 AM   #7
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I did, but it reset the cash max after year one. If I have to fix it every year, no big deal. Just have to fix it right after WS. If it goes to cash max, all teams will be bankrupt in 30 years with the financials I am using.
Isn't cash max one of the settings in that file? Load it into Excel and take a look. Hopefully you know how to load a text file into Excel, edit it, and save it back as a text file. Once you've done that for all years* in the file, you should be good to go.

* By the way, if you are talking about going forward from 2014, then this is not going to work. Obviously only historical data is loaded in financials.txt, up to and including 2013 or 2014, and that is it.

- Bru

Old 12-16-2014, 02:24 PM   #8
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Cash max is one of the numbers. League I am doing starts in 1871.Too much effort to do it all at once. Lol
Old 12-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #9
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cash max is one of the numbers. League I am doing starts in 1871.Too much effort to do it all at once. Lol
Oh. Well, you could try uploading it into Excel, using copy and paste, then saving it back to a text file if you know how to do that.

- Bru

Old 12-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #10
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Cash max never changes in my leagues unless I change it.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote