Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-28-2016, 03:45 PM   #1
pezdaddy
Bat Boy

Newbie question(s)

I'm interested in FHM3 as I'm lost interest in using the EA NHL series to try to sim NHL hockey (yeah, I know ... ). I see that FHM3 has full NHL licensing support in it. So here are my questions

(1) If I choose to run my Devils team, will I be able to keep other team's rosters up to date with roster moves and such? I like to have the rosters realistic. For real player injuries I would send them down to the minors if I needed a roster spot. I also like to set each team's lineup based on what was used the night before by each real NHL team

(2) can I watch other team's games?

(3) if my team doesn't make the playoffs can I watch and/or control another team on their playoff runs?

(4)I'd want to add the Las Vegas team for 2017-18, do I have to use a random generated schedule, or will one be available for the 17-18 season with the authentic schedule?
pezdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
no way
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezdaddy View Post
I'm interested in FHM3 as I'm lost interest in using the EA NHL series to try to sim NHL hockey (yeah, I know ... ). I see that FHM3 has full NHL licensing support in it. So here are my questions

(1) If I choose to run my Devils team, will I be able to keep other team's rosters up to date with roster moves and such? I like to have the rosters realistic. For real player injuries I would send them down to the minors if I needed a roster spot. I also like to set each team's lineup based on what was used the night before by each real NHL team

(3) if my team doesn't make the playoffs can I watch and/or control another team on their playoff runs?

(4)I'd want to add the Las Vegas team for 2017-18, do I have to use a random generated schedule, or will one be available for the 17-18 season with the authentic schedule?
ad 1) If you use commisioner mode then you can edit pretty much anything, you can even edit injuries as in make player injured (at least was doable in FHM2). Rosters and lineups you might need to add additional managers, been a while since I played FHM2 so not sure on that one.

ad 2) you can watch all games one by one if you want (again at least in FHM2 it was possible)

ad 3) you can watch, for control you'd probably have to add manager if you haven't done that before

ad 4) here I doubt that even NHL does have their schedule for that season done, I might be mistaken but I think they make schedule for each season in the offseason before, so here I'd say not even possible for official schedule.
no way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:09 PM   #3
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by no way View Post
ad 1) If you use commisioner mode then you can edit pretty much anything, you can even edit injuries as in make player injured (at least was doable in FHM2). Rosters and lineups you might need to add additional managers, been a while since I played FHM2 so not sure on that one.

ad 2) you can watch all games one by one if you want (again at least in FHM2 it was possible)

ad 3) you can watch, for control you'd probably have to add manager if you haven't done that before

ad 4) here I doubt that even NHL does have their schedule for that season done, I might be mistaken but I think they make schedule for each season in the offseason before, so here I'd say not even possible for official schedule.
FHM3 does not currently expand the following season to add Las Vegas. Is it something we want to do? Absolutely. But we're now waiting for clarification from the league to make sure we implement everything right - so it may need to be patched in.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 05:33 PM   #4
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
FHM3 does not currently expand the following season to add Las Vegas. Is it something we want to do? Absolutely. But we're now waiting for clarification from the league to make sure we implement everything right - so it may need to be patched in.
Can you manually add Las Vegas?

Seems too be confusion about expansion. It was said that no expansion for the ECHL.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #5
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Can you manually add Las Vegas?

Seems too be confusion about expansion. It was said that no expansion for the ECHL.
You can´t add any Expansion Team to the NHL in career mode. We have to clear it with the NHL first.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:41 PM   #6
Anton
Minors (Double A)

Does that include 'Sandbox' mode?
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:47 PM   #7
Anton
Minors (Double A)

-double post, my bad.-

Last edited by Anton; 09-29-2016 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:49 PM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
Does that include 'Sandbox' mode?
At the moment: yes (that might change before release).
Old 09-30-2016, 11:08 AM   #9
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
At the moment: yes (that might change before release).
I want to make sure I understand, as of this moment we can not expand the NHL in either Sandbox or Path to Glory?
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 11:55 AM   #10
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
I want to make sure I understand, as of this moment we can not expand the NHL in either Sandbox or Path to Glory?
No.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:14 PM   #11
Anton
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
No.
Nuts. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:38 AM   #12
redtiger7
All Star Starter

But can we still expand Fantasy leagues?
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 03:12 PM   #13
pezdaddy
Bat Boy

Quote:
You can´t add any Expansion Team to the NHL in career mode. We have to clear it with the NHL first.
so if the NHL approves the use of Vegas, is this something that can be patched into FMH3 or do we need to wait until FMH4 is released?

thanks all for answering the other questions I had
pezdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:25 PM   #14
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
so if the NHL approves the use of Vegas, is this something that can be patched into FMH3 or do we need to wait until FMH4 is released?

thanks all for answering the other questions I had
The moment the NHL finalizes the Las Vegas franchise, we will add it to the game, get the OK from the league and release it in an update.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:13 AM   #15
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Nice to see another Devils fan on the forum.

That's all I wanted to say. Carry on....