Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-26-2019, 02:32 PM   #1
giventofly
Bat Boy

Question About Teams

I am sorry I have looked around and was unsure were to get this answer as I am still kinda new. I read some were on the forum (can't find it now) that one of the reason we are allowed 3 teams is in case we want to get family playing.

So my brother wants a team. If he downloads the game and I want to give him one of the teams from my legal copy I payed for.Does he also use my license key to activate it? If so how will this effect us playing on two different pc's as he doesn not live near me? Also he will be able to enjoy the rest of the game outside of perfect team as well?

Not wanting to do anything to effect my key at all. Just wanna get him playing.

TY in advance folks.
giventofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:12 PM   #2
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
So my brother wants a team. If he downloads the game and I want to give him one of the teams from my legal copy I payed for.Does he also use my license key to activate it? If so how will this effect us playing on two different pc's as he doesn not live near me? Also he will be able to enjoy the rest of the game outside of perfect team as well?
You clearly mean well, but there are two problems with what you describe:

1. The two license activations per purchase are for two computers in the same household, e.g., your desktop and your laptop. Giving your license key to someone else, somewhere else, to play separately, even if it's a family member, is a violation of the terms of service.

2. The three PT teams per license are also meant to be within the same household, e.g., family members playing separate teams on a shared computer (although OOTP clearly has no problem with one individual playing all the teams). You aren't supposed to be transferring an existing PT team to anyone else, either; I'm pretty sure that violates the TOS, as well.

So, if you want to let your brother play one of your teams when he visits your house, you're fine. Otherwise, your brother needs to buy his own license and start his own team.

Last edited by Threnodas; 03-26-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:17 PM   #3
giventofly
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threnodas View Post
You clearly mean well, but there are two problems with what you describe:

1. The two license activations per purchase are for two computers in the same household, e.g., your desktop and your laptop. Giving your license key to someone else, somewhere else, to play separately, even if it's a family member, is a violation of the terms of service.

2. The three PT teams per license are also meant to be within the same household, e.g., family members playing separate teams on a shared computer (although OOTP clearly has no problem with one individual playing all the teams). You aren't supposed to be transferring an existing PT team to anyone else, either; I'm pretty sure that violates the TOS, as well.

So, if you want to let your brother play one of your teams when he visits your house, you're fine. Otherwise, your brother needs to buy his own license and start his own team.

This is why I asked before hand. I will tell him just to buy it. I was unsure how it all worked. TY for the reply
giventofly is offline   Reply With Quote