Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-28-2019, 02:24 AM   #121
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Thanks, good luck to you too! The Small Ballers had a fantastic regular season, one of my best ever. With my 112 win record I'm guaranteed a promotion to gold even if I flop in the first round tomorrow, so that's nice.

Unfortunately, they will be my only playoff team this week. The SaberCats did hold their own in gold, finishing around .500 but last in a tough division. Again with that team, the run prevention strategy was very effective, but the offense really struggled. The Balancers did bounce back somewhat in the second half of the season, but finished 2 games back in the wild card. So that was a fairly disappointing season. It's funny, a week ago they looked to be on a similar level to the SmallBallers, but that just didn't hold up at all this week, with the two teams going in completely opposite directions.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 03:52 PM   #122
chazzycat
All Star Starter

The SmallBallers advance to the LCS round after a dramatic, extra-inning game 5 victory over the flying pizzas. Jim Gilliam set it up with a double, and Rod Carew knocked in the winning run with a single up the middle, in the bottom of the 13th. The bullpen had previously collapsed in the 9th, but then threw 4 shutout innings to keep us in the game. The unit is a bit tired heading into the LCS, so I'm hoping for some deep games from my starters in the first couple games.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:40 AM   #123
Canadaleaf
Minors (Double A)

Congrats on winning the ship!
Canadaleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:57 AM   #124
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Yup, that was pretty sweet! That was my first WS victory this season, and the team that most deserved it. Really nice season overall. And I also think it's fair to say the SmallBallers are winning this experiment so far. Their lifetime record currently sits at 427-222, a winning percentage of .658. Not too shabby for a $10 team!

Last edited by chazzycat; 04-29-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:30 AM   #125
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Nice job, chazzycat!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:17 PM   #126
neugey
All Star Reserve

I have really amped up the HR power for this week's team to try to keep up with the power I see a lot of other folks loading into their squads, but your victory is tempting me to go full Whiteyball next week. I guess we will see how fighting fire with fire goes for me this week in Silver.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:06 AM   #127
Charlatan
All Star Starter

My Sabercats-like team started this month in Diamond by ..... leading the league in ERA (????). When I checked we were 10th or higher in HRs, having barely hit any. But our defense was rated near the top (Nellie Fox, Frey, and Tulowitzki manning 2B and SS) and we were 1st or 2nd in ERA (Disclaimer: I did add an 89OVR Maddux at the end of last year). This game is funny sometimes.

Last edited by Charlatan; 04-30-2019 at 09:14 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:53 PM   #128
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

chazzy, did you leave your smallballers park settings set toward HR suppression?

My gap/contact/def team is currently rolling with high XBHs, but I didn't lower the HR factor. Most of my pitchers are currently groundballers.

I've spent $0 on packs, but had luck on pulls. 95 Liriano is a beast, I got in the first 6 packs. Has 2 Triple Crowns and won the ERA crown his first Diamond league season.
Landed the gold ichiro on a pack too. Picked up 89 Wade Boggs who has outstanding Avoid K to go with solid contact/gap and def. Currently in the 2nd week of diamond league, he's whacking .400 after Monday. I set him high on hit/run with Ichiro at leadoff and Aparicio in the 9th slot.

No WS wins though. Closest was their silver league season in which I led the league in about everything, but lost the WS after a 2 to 1 lead.

Lineup looks like:

Gold Ichiro - RF
Gold Boggs - 3b
Bobby Thomson - CF
Lloyd Moseby - DH
Daniel Murphy - 1b
2016 Betts - LF
Posey - C
G. Torres - 2b
Aparicio - SS

Subs - T Gwynn OF, M. Lavalliere - C

SP - 95 Liriano, Carrasco, Buehler, Gaylord Perry, 90 Satchel Paige (last purchase, 16kpp, so far walks everyone in diamond league so may sell. He must be sending the inf/of into the dugout.)

RP - A Chapman, E. Diaz, Will Smith - rest are chumps I need to upgrade.
Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:05 PM   #129
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornbreaker View Post
chazzy, did you leave your smallballers park settings set toward HR suppression?

My gap/contact/def team is currently rolling with high XBHs, but I didn't lower the HR factor.

Most of my pitchers are currently groundballers.
Yep, I haven't changed any of the park setups since the beginning. Since most of my offensive players have awful power ratings, it only seems appropriate to lower the HR factor, since homers would be benefiting my opponents a lot more. That in turn affected my pitching & defensive strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornbreaker View Post
I've spent $0 on packs, but had luck on pulls. 95 Liriano is a beast, I got in the first 6 packs. Has 2 Triple Crowns and won the ERA crown his first Diamond league season.
Landed the gold ichiro on a pack too. Picked up 89 Wade Boggs who has outstanding Avoid K to go with solid contact/gap and def. Currently in the 2nd week of diamond league, he's whacking .400 after Monday. I set him high on hit/run with Ichiro at leadoff and Aparicio in the 9th slot.

No WS wins though. Closest was their silver league season in which I led the league in about everything, but lost the WS after a 2 to 1 lead.
Looks like a pretty sick team to me! I've been eyeing that Ichiro for a while...

Don't worry about winning the WS, that is just luck. If you just try to keep making the playoffs it happens eventually. I'm sure I only won this week because I got a flat tire that day so my bad luck was all used up
Old 04-30-2019, 06:13 PM   #130
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Well, the SmallBallers seem to be picking up in gold right where they left off in silver. Currently 31-11 with a seven game division lead already. Also sitting on about 18k PP which I am unsure how to spend. I almost don't want to touch anything, they are just playing so well.

The SaberCats are faring a bit better their second week in gold, playing overall like a borderline playoff team...that is if they weren't getting shafted by Pythagoras. Still, even with the bad luck they are only a couple games back in the wild card and looking competitive.

The Balancers are looking more like the team I expected to show up last week. In their third week in silver they are somewhat resembling a playoff team. They have just a half game lead in the division, but the better run differential by far, 2nd best in the league overall.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:13 AM   #131
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Yeah I finally won a gold league WS in PT19, the week before 20 dropped.

Boggs is still .380 after today.
Ichiro is over .330 after last week and thru Tuesday for diamond league.

About 3 games under .500 tho. We've got a 5 loss whale in our division. So rest of us just fighting for mediocrity.

I'd say hold your PP if you're rolling.
Can buy something nicer for next week.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:39 AM   #132
Canadaleaf
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Well, the SmallBallers seem to be picking up in gold right where they left off in silver. Currently 31-11 with a seven game division lead already. Also sitting on about 18k PP which I am unsure how to spend. I almost don't want to touch anything, they are just playing so well.

The SaberCats are faring a bit better their second week in gold, playing overall like a borderline playoff team...that is if they weren't getting shafted by Pythagoras. Still, even with the bad luck they are only a couple games back in the wild card and looking competitive.

The Balancers are looking more like the team I expected to show up last week. In their third week in silver they are somewhat resembling a playoff team. They have just a half game lead in the division, but the better run differential by far, 2nd best in the league overall.

I would keep saving a little more and get a top tier pitcher if I were you. Your lineup is pretty solid from 1-9. Maybe if Sax is struggling again replace him.
Canadaleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:18 AM   #133
chazzycat
All Star Starter

The SmallBallers keep hitting on all cylinders, looking like the best team in their gold league, and it's not particularly close. They are actually 2 runs away from leading the league in runs scored AND runs allowed. I haven't touched a thing and don't plan on it. I like the suggestion above to save for a top tier pitcher.

The SaberCats are still playing like a fringe playoff contender, and not getting much help with a -4 pythag record. They are still just 1.5 games out of the wild card though, so anything could happen. I'm really starting to think the biggest difference between last year and this year is Mike Trout costs twice as much. He is such a perfect fit for this team build...and a huge reason for my success last year. But 45kpp is still out of reach (I am about 1/3rd there...)

The Balancers have continued to play well, as they should in silver level. They are still neck & neck, having a great division race with a closely matched team. But the loser between us has a 7 game lead on the wild card race, so we should be making the playoffs either way.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:20 AM   #134
chazzycat
All Star Starter

side note: does anyone know how to get the new banners in the signature?

I tried instructions I found from google, but looks like I ended up with the 19 banner instead of 20 somehow
Old 05-02-2019, 03:00 PM   #135
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Markus started a thread for it the other day

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=302756

pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:03 PM   #136
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Perfect, thanks!!
Old 05-03-2019, 12:46 PM   #137
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Hey chazzycat, if it's not too much trouble can you post updated rosters for each of the teams? Curious to see how they look now. Been following and enjoying.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:11 PM   #138
chazzycat
All Star Starter

sure thing - it has been a while. The pace of roster changes has slowed down quite a bit from the first few weeks, but there have been several changes anyway. I'm at work now, but will do at some point over the weekend.

I already strayed from the "save for top SP and don't touch anything" idea for the SBers...had been eyeing Dennis Eckersley as my stopper for a long time, but his card rarely pops up. So I had to to nab it when the opportunity presented itself last night. Him & Doolittle should be a pretty solid R/L two headed monster.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:55 PM   #139
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
sure thing - it has been a while. The pace of roster changes has slowed down quite a bit from the first few weeks, but there have been several changes anyway. I'm at work now, but will do at some point over the weekend.

I already strayed from the "save for top SP and don't touch anything" idea for the SBers...had been eyeing Dennis Eckersley as my stopper for a long time, but his card rarely pops up. So I had to to nab it when the opportunity presented itself last night. Him & Doolittle should be a pretty solid R/L two headed monster.

I just grabbed Eck last night too!
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 04:16 PM   #140
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Nice! Yeah I had been eyeing that card for weeks. He really fits the SmallBallers pitching strategy perfectly. Now, I'll resume saving for that SP...