Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 09-19-2018, 12:10 AM   #61
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

June 1, 2027

A stronger May leaves us pushing .500, at 27-28 overall. We had a six-game winning streak along the way. The pitching was better, particularly the relievers, and the team is getting on base and scoring some runs, scoring 16 runs in two games, and 14 and 12 in two others. Zach Guth was particularly good, striking out 38 and posting a 2.55 ERA on the month. Jarred Kelenic was terrific, hitting .343 with a .459 OBP, 6 home runs and 25 RBI, and Wan-hua Chai hit 7 homers and drove in 21.

We are currently tied for fourth place in the NL East, but we're just a game out of the fourth wild card spot, so certainly in the hunt. With our budget room limited, I'm not going to spring for any upgrades yet, but I'll certainly be considering them in the coming months.

Around the league:
-The Rays and Astros have the best records in the league at 36-19.
-Superstar Chad Workman (CWS) has a .384 average, a .506 OBP and 5.3 WAR just two months into the season. This could be one of the all-time great seasons we're looking at if he keeps it up.
-Matt Wallner (NYM) has 26 home runs already.
jaa36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:08 AM   #62
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

July 1, 2027

An eight-game losing streak torpedoed what had otherwise been a good month, and we are now 38-43 overall midway through the season. We actually lead the league in on-base percentage, but we're only 14th in home runs. The starters continue to struggle, with Yoelvis Reyes the only bright spot, with a 3.32 ERA. We're just four games behind in the wild card chase, so no need to give up yet.

Arturo Figueroa broke a finger, which gave me an opportunity to call up 24-year-old outfielder Chris Atherton, who's been hitting .345 at AAA. Atherton came over in an offseason deal for Tirso Ornelas.

Our first-round pick was high school first baseman Mike Berlin, who should make a good hitter but won't offer much in any other areas. I drafted high school pitcher Omari Estwick, college third baseman Jimmy Jensen, and high school catcher Sean Montalvo in the next three rounds. The fifth round pick was college pitcher Jon Osborne, who was an "impossible" sign and miraculously accepted my offer of $3M, about ten times what he claimed to be asking for. Osborne could turn into a dominant starter if he reaches his potential.

Around the league:
-Nolan Arenado (COL) hit career home run #500.
-Carlos Correa (HOU) got his 2000th hit.
Attached Images
Old 09-20-2018, 10:45 AM   #63
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

August 1, 2027

Another streaky month- a seven-game winning streak and two four-game losing streaks- leaves us at 50-54 overall. Unfortunately we are now four games behind in the wild card standings, and have several teams to leap over. But I'm reluctant to throw in the towel just yet. Jose Altuve had a good month, hitting .311 with five homers and 17 RBI. Yoelvis Reyes kept up his good pace (1.71) and Luis Patino looked much stronger this month (2.87, 27 K against 5 BB). Altuve and reliever Yovanny Cruz were our two all-star selections this year.

I ended up not signing any international free agents- they were all asking for ridiculous contracts, and I'm reluctant to go too far into the penalty. I still haven't made any trades this season, but I expect to make a few this month when I finally decide to go for it or throw in the towel.

Aaron Nola has started a rehab assignment after essentially missing the last 12 months. At this point, his skill have degraded to the point that he would probably not even make our rotation. I tried shopping him around, but unsurprisingly, no one wants the $80M+ left on his contract.

Around the league:
-The NL defeats the AL 4-3 in the all-star game.
-Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (TOR), Aaron Blanton (KC) and Anthony Rendon (STL) got their 300th home runs.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:46 AM   #64
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

September 1, 2027

An seven-game losing streak early in the month tipped the balance towards selling. We finished the month 12-15 and we are now 62-69 overall. Despite falling out of the playoff hunt, the big new was Jose Altuve getting his 3000th career hit. The 37-year-old Altuve is hitting .317 in what looks like it will be his fourth straight four-win season in Montreal. Altuve was the first player to reach 3000 hits since Adrian Beltre in 2017. Aaron Nola made his return to the big leagues and didn't allow a run in six innings in his first start.

I sent Matt Chapman and minor leaguer Wilfredo Venegas to San Diego for three players, pitcher Sergio Vanegas (making this a rare Venegas for Vanegas swap), infielder Dorian Gonzalez, and outfielder Alfredo Curiel. Chapman was good enough for us, hitting just .226 but with 15 home runs and good defense, and Venegas had been an international signing that other scouts rated higher than ours. Meanwhile, Vanegas is a decent left-handed pitcher that could develop into a starter. Gonzalez is an outstanding defender in the middle infield who can get on base. Curiel was the #6 overall pick just two years ago, but hasn't done much in the minors yet. The three of them are all 24 or 25 years old.

The next trade sent pitcher Luis Salinas to Texas for outfielder Mike Kane and pitcher Staffan Frolander. Neither is a major project. I then sent all-star reliever Yovanny Cruz and two minor leaguers to the Astros for starting pitcher Gilberto Fuentes, reliever Chris Bellew and outfielder Randy Wedeking. Fuentes is the big prize, the #5 overall pick in this year's draft, and someone who signed a major league contract for $1.6M/year. He has a strong arm and could develop four above-average pitches.

I also extended Zac Susi for $3M and Brandon Marsh for $5.2M, both with a team option for a second year.

Around the league:
-The Angels have the best record in baseball, and they and the Nationals pretty well have their divisions sewn up.
-Jose Ramirez (STL) hit his 300th home run.
-Anthony Rendon (STL) and Xander Bogaerts (CHC) got their 2000th career hits.
Attached Images
Old 09-23-2018, 01:04 AM   #65
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

October 1, 2027

Mercifully, the 2027 season has come to an end for the Expos. We finish at 74-82 overall. Aaron Nola actually pitched quite well in his return, with a 1.50 ERA in five starts on the season, and Yoelvis Reyes capped off a good season with a 3.11 ERA. Jarred Kelenic had an excellent final month of the year, hitting .323 with seven home runs. Infielder Dorian Gonzalez, acquired in the Matt Chapman deal, was excellent in a September call-up. Jose Altuve capped off another great year with a .321 average.

Around the league:
-The Los Angeles had the best record in baseball, at 99-57. Tampa Bay, Washington and Arizona were the other division winners.
-Chad Workman (CWS) finished the year with an impressive 10.3 WAR.
-Bryce Harper (WAS) got his 500th career home run.
-Andrew Benintendi (DET) got his 2000th hit.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-23-2018, 01:40 AM   #66
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

November 17, 2027

The Washington Nationals won the World Series, the first ever for their franchise. The Nationals were 93-63 in the regular season and were led by aging Bryce Harper (.281/33/86) and youngster Phil Moon (.261/36/99). Their bullpen was the best in the NL, led by Zach Britton, who saved 38 games at the age of 39.

Jose Altuve won a Silver Slugger for us, his eighth of his career. There was no love for Chad Workman, who didn't get a single first-place MVP vote, leaving to the 23-year-old Luis Estrada. The NL winner, Rodolfo Osorio, was a 21-year-old rookie!

AL MVP: Luis Estrada, TB (.329/58/159, 8.8 WAR)
NL MVP: Rodolfo Osorio, ARI (.328/37/146, 4.9 WAR)
AL Cy Young: Luis Bazquez, LAA (17-7, 2.81, 5.7)
NL Cy Young: Matt Mercer, NYM (16-8, 3.34, 3.9)

The good news is, we won't lose any free agents this year! The bad news is, Aaron Nola is not a free agent. This will be Zach Guth and Luis Patino's final year of arbitration- they will make $13M and $10.5M respectively. I also signed Cooper Benson, who missed all of last season, to a four-year extension worth a total of $16M; this buys out one of his free agent seasons.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:21 AM   #67
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

offseason 2027-28

This was a lean offseason, with little in the way of budget room. I was not a player for the big free agents. I ended up getting a couple of pitchers, 29-year-old Ian Anderson and 25-year-old Japanese import Noburo Ito, on the cheap, and I picked up another pitcher, 23-year-old Dan McQuillen, in the rule 5 draft. All three of them are fringe rotation candidates.

With a surplus of swingmen, I traded Alex Lange, who was under contract for $1.6M, and two minor leaguers to the Dodgers for starter Jorge Mendoza, reliever Juan Vega, and in fielder Tevin Tucker. Vega is a hard-throwing left-hander who struggled in his rookie season, and Mendoza pitched fairly well as a swingman. Lange had pitched well in his first two seasons with the Expos, but struggled to a 5.02 ERA last season.

I also swapped Kevin Enfinger, a former first-round pick who was quite bad in two seasons with us, and two minor leaguers for two 23-year-old minor leaguers, first baseman Shemar Shufford and pitcher Robby George. Shufford can hit, but only plays first base, and George is yet another a fringy starter.

You may (or probably do not) remember 23-year-old Jerry Barrett, the #2 overall pick way back in 2023. Barrett suffered severe elbow and shoulder injuries, though has actually pitched pretty well in his return to AA Sherburne the last two seasons. Sadly, I had to waive him to make room on the roster for players with more promise. Barrett was surprisingly claimed by the Blue Jays, but it looks unlikely that he would make the major leagues.

Around the league:
-Max Scherzer was elected to the Hall of Fame.
-Ronald Acuna (MIL) signed the biggest contract of the offseason, $277M over seven years. Hitoshi Nishio (CHC), a third baseman who came over from Japan, wasn't far behind at $243M over seven years.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:43 AM   #68
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

April 2, 2028

We enter the 2028 season projected to finish just 77-79. Charles Bronfman Jr. is unhappy with my performance, and expects us to stay respectable on the field. We are now the #29 farm system in baseball- moving on up! Our top prospect (#88 overall) is Gilbert Fuentes, one of the pitchers we acquired in the Yovanny Cruz trade last year.

Aaron Nola suffered a bone spur in his elbow and so the most expensive long reliever in baseball will be on the DL for the first few weeks.

The starting lineup:
SS Dorian Gonzalez
DH Jose Altuve
LF Chris Atherton
1B Wan-hua Chai
RF Jarred Kelenic
3B Ken Berry
2B Luis Victoriano Garcia
C Zac Susi
CF Carlos David Rodriguez

It's not a terrible lineup. We have an excellent defense up the middle with the addition of the rookie Gonzalez. Altuve sliding over to DH is probably a good idea now that he's 37. Chris Atherton struggled in the majors last year, but could break out this year.

The rotation is Zach Guth, Cooper Benson, Ian Anderson, Luis Patino and Yoelvis Reyes. Luis Urrego will become the closer, so hopefully Juan Ramirez will go back to being an excellent setup man.

I lost Griffin Jax to waivers. Jax had pitched in parts of all six Expos seasons, figuring prominently in the rotation in our first and our most reason year. While he was good depth, and offered excellent leadership, it's time for him to move on.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:56 AM   #69
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

May 1, 2028

What a difference a year makes! The Expos have started the year a blistering 19-5, the best record in baseball in the early going, and five games up in the NL East. Jose Altuve is hitting .403. Ken Berry, our 2023 first round pick who has slowly advanced to the majors at the age of 27, won the Rookie of the Month after hitting .341 with 6 home runs and 21 RBI. Including those two, we have five players hitting .300 or better. Luis Urrego has saved 11 games, Juan Ramirez has an 0.75 ERA, and the top three starters (Zach Guth, Cooper Benson and Luis Patino) are 11-0. The whole team is clicking, in essentially a mirror image of the start of last season.

Around the league:
-Kris Bryant (SEA) got his 2000th career hit.
-Estevan Florial (NYY) and Andrew Benintendi (DET) got their 300th home runs.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:48 AM   #70
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

June 1, 2028

Our hot start came crashing down, with the Expos falling to a 29-22 record after losing 17 games in May. We are now in fourth place in the NL East, four games behind the Nationals. Chris Atherton built on his hot start, hitting for the cycle and going .330/9/29 on the month. But there weren't too many other positives going into June.

Around the league:
-The Mariners, who did us the favor of sweeping us, have the best record in baseball at 34-18.
-Manny Machado (BAL) got his 2500th hit.
-Edwin Diaz (WAS) collected his 300th save.
-Greg Bird (STL) hit home run #300.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:33 PM   #71
MadBum
Minors (Triple A)

Enjoying your run so far, shame there hasn't been too many wins but it seems like the Expos are turning it around. Rough month of May tho, what was the biggest change between the two? Pitching fall apart or did the bats go cold?
Old 09-26-2018, 12:13 AM   #72
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

July 1, 2028

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBum View Post
Enjoying your run so far, shame there hasn't been too many wins but it seems like the Expos are turning it around. Rough month of May tho, what was the biggest change between the two? Pitching fall apart or did the bats go cold?
A little of both. The hot start was definitely not sustainable, and we fell from near the top of the league in both pitching and hitting to the middle of the pack.

We did turn it around in June, going 14-11, leaving us at 43-33 overall, third place in the NL East and in the thick of the Wild Card race at the midpoint of the season. Zaire Regular, a 2023 first-round pick, joined the club while Colton Welker and then Ken Berry hit the DL, and hit .294 for the month. Chris Atherton and Jarred Kelenic were both over .300. Luis Patino had a solid 3.21 ERA.

I drafted high school pitcher Chris Farrell with our first pick in the draft, #16 overall; Farrell is a lefty with a chance at developing three above-average pitches. Second-round pick C.J. Prell was probably the best player available in the draft, a potential ace pitcher, but was an "impossible" sign who ended up wanting over $26M- nope! I got three more high schoolers with the next three picks, pitchers Curt Cox and Dwain Reusch and infielder Nate Churchill.

Around the league:
-Ben Harris (CWS) threw a perfect game.
-Manny Machado (BAL) hit his 500th career home run.
-Hitoshi Nishio (CHC), the rookie Japanese import, hit for the cycle.
Attached Images
Old 09-26-2018, 01:02 AM   #73
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

August 1, 2028

Another blistering month (16-7) leaves us at 59-40, which is just a half-game behind the Nationals in the NL East. But there are a lot of pretty good teams in the NL this year, and we're just three games up in the Wild Card race. Jose Altuve and Wan-hua Chai both had walk-off hits amid a flurry of late-inning rallies. Altuve and Chris Atherton are now second and third in the league in batting average, at .322 and .318 respectively. Luis Patino and Zach Guth won three games apiece; each of them are in their final year of their contract, but it's unlikely I'll re-sign either for what they want, despite their long and meritorious service with the team. Jarred Kelenic was an excellent .312/7/20 on the month. Atherton, Juan Ramirez and Luis Urrego were selected to the All-Star team.

I'm looking around for some good deals for a starting pitcher or some help at catcher or center field, but haven't found any great deals yet. I did sign amateur Venezuelan infielder Baltasar "Big House" Crine, so that's something.

Around the league:
-The NL won the All-Star game 6-2.
-Chad Workman (CWS) is way ahead of the rest of the league in WAR yet again, at 7.0- next closest is 4.8.
-Chris "Rats" Turner (MIA) has a 1.84 ERA.
-Nolan Arenado (COL) and Francisco Lindor (CLE) got their 2500th career hits.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:59 AM   #74
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

September 1, 2028

We head into September with a record of 73-53. That's five games behind the surprising Marlins and two behind the Nationals, who did us the favor of sweeping us in August, but we're in the thick of the Wild Card race. Luis Urrego won the NL Pitcher of the Month after saving nine games and not allowing a run. Chris Atherton (.359/4/26) and Jarred Kelenic (.353/5/14) were both sweltering with the bat. With Kelenic needing some time on the DL earlier in the month, I called up 24-year-old rookie Shemar Shufford, who was hitting .325 with a .415 OBP at AAA Ottawa, but is an atrocious fielder; manager Fredi Gonzalez slotted him right into the #3 slot in the order, but he's struggled thus far.

I was active on the trade market, acquiring two starting pitchers--Niko Leontarakis from the Yankees and Eric Pardinho from the Blue Jays. Leontarakis, 30, had a 3.35 ERA with the Yankees, and is making $10M in his next-to-last year of arbitration, though New York will pay 35% of his salary this year. He came over with two minor-league relievers for pitcher Devin Davis, who won the AAA Pitcher of the Year award last year and was equally good in Ottawa this year, but doesn't have much upside. Pardinho had a 4.02 ERA in Toronto and is a free agent after this year. The Blue Jays will pay half his $9.5M salary, and he cost reliever Eric Pasceri, who was very good for us (3.14 ERA) but is replaceable.

I also got catcher Nick Fortes, a two-time all-star with the Tigers, for minor leaguer Amari Doston. Fortes makes $21.4M this year, but the Tigers will pay his whole salary.

Zach Guth suffered a minor injury but should return soon. Juan Vega, who was an unexpected addition to the rotation this season, fractured his shoulder so will miss of the rest of the season. Fortunately, the additions of Leontarakis and Pardinho help keep the rotation afloat heading into September.

Around the league:
-Bryce Harper (WAS) got his 2500th hit.
-Juan de Nova (TEX) was busted by the kangaroo court.
Attached Images
Old 09-27-2018, 12:23 AM   #75
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

October 6, 2028

We finish the season with the best record of any Expos team yet at 89-67. This is third place in the NL East, six games behind Miami, but good for the second wild card and the home-field advantage against the Milwaukee Brewers, who finished 88-69 after losing a one-game tiebreaker for the NL West against the Giants. The Brewers are a very good all-around team and finished second in the NL in runs scored and fourth in runs allowed. They have two players with 35+ home runs and 100+ RBI in third baseman Jordan Groshans and first baseman Brett Baty, and left fielder Ronald Acuna is no slough either.

There was a lot to like about the Expos' performance this year. Chris Atherton finished third in the NL with a .316 average and second with 122 RBI. Luis Urrego led MLB with 49 saves, and our bullpen was the best in the NL with a 3.49 ERA. Dorian Gonzalez had an excellent rookie year at shortstop, with a team-leading 4.2 WAR, largely from his outstanding defense. Ken Berry had a very good rookie year as well, and Jarred Kelenic was a consistent presence in the middle of the lineup. Our starters weren't flashy but got the job done. Aaron Nola ended up below replacement level for $39.5M, so that was kind of a bummer.

Around the league:
-The Marlins finished with the best record in the league at 95-61.
-Chad Workman (CWS) hit .373 with a .468 OBP, 48 home runs and 109 RBI, and ended up with 12.1 WAR, which was the eighth-highest total of all time, and the best mark since Ted Williams in 1946. Wow.
-Zach Burdi (NYY) threw a no-hitter.
-Rafael Devers (STL) and Kyle Tucker (CIN) got their 300th home runs.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-27-2018, 12:43 AM   #76
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

October 10, 2028

Well that was fast! The Expos were quickly ousted from the postseason by the Brewers, who bludgeoned us into submission in two games. The story was pretty much the same in each game: midseason starting pitching acquisition was roasted by the Brewers offense early on and the Expos bats were unable to come back. Game one saw Niko Leontarakis give up eight runs in 1 1/3 innings, and game two saw Erik Pardinho give up seven in 3 2/3. Brett Baty won series MVP for the Brewers with a home run and 5 RBI.

It was a disappointing end to a surprisingly good season.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:38 AM   #77
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

November 23, 2028

The Nationals won their second consecutive World Series, defeating the Orioles in six games in a face-off between two teams right up the road from each other. The Nationals had a potent offense including Bryce Harper (.295/37/94), Phil Moon (.287/32/99), Chiyosaku Ohno (.293/32/103) and Ozzie Albies (.339/22/84).

AL MVP: Chad Workman, CWS (.371/48/109, 12.5)
NL MVP: Ozzie Albies, WAS (.339/22/84, 7.4)
AL Cy Young: Daniel Espino, SEA (7-8, 2.76, 6.6)
NL Cy Young: Chris Turner, MIA (14-5, 2.22, 6.6)

How about Espino winning the Cy Young with a 7-8 record!! Luis Urrego won NL Reliever of the Year for his 49 saves, 1.90 ERA, and 8-2 record.

Fredi Gonzalez retired after five very successful seasons with the Expos, including two Manager of the Year awards. Matt Williams, who had won the Manager of the Year with the Nationals in 2013 but was then fired the very next season, was hired as the new manager- a controversial choice but one which I hope pays dividends.

This will be an offseason of change, as longtime Expos Zach Guth, Luis Patino and Brandon Marsh will all depart as free agents- Patino was the last of the "original" Expos from the expansion draft. Ian Anderson, Nick Fortes and Eric Pardinho will be free agents as well. Jose Altuve met the criteria for his vesting option, so will return for one more year at $28M, and Wan-hua Chai did not opt out of his deal, so we have him for two more years at $18M/year and possibly a third if he meets his vesting criteria. It's a relief to be able to retain them both heading into 2029. Other goals will be to unload Aaron Nola and his remaining $39.5M salary (extremely unlikely) and potentially Colton Welker and Luis Victoriano Garcia, who have been relegated to reserve roles but are making $8.5M apiece next year.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:28 AM   #78
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

offseason 2028-29

I brought back setup man Ian Anderson, who was excellent in that role last year (2.56 ERA), for $1.4M with an option for a second year. I also traded away Luis Victoriano Garcia to the Athletics for outfielder Ismael Zarate. Garcia was extraneous, with Hueston Morrill filling the role of utility infielder, and Zarate, a 26-year-old outfielder with a .295 career average, makes $3M less and fills a need for a center fielder. I have an offer pending for infielder Dansby Swanson for $1.4M as well. No big free agents for us this year- the budget is tight. Unsurprisingly, no one wanted Aaron Nola yet again.

Around the league:
-No one was elected to the Hall of Fame this year. Felix Hernandez and Joe Mauer were both right around 70% and will likely make it in the upcoming years.
-Luis Escamilla signed the biggest contract ever with- the Royals? For $341M over seven years.
-Eric Pardinho (BOS) was second with $238M over seven years. My other former starting pitchers Luis Patino and Zach Guth also will be making over $20M/year.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:55 AM   #79
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

April 1, 2029

We head into 2029 as the favorites in the NL East, projected to go 88-68. Charles Bronfman Jr. expects us to make the playoffs. I have my doubts- losing three starting pitchers hurts a bit. Our farm system is #31 overall, with Zaire Regular our top prospect at #139.

Opening day lineup:
SS Dorian Gonzalez
RF Jarred Kelenic
LF Chris Atherton
1B Wan-hua Chai
DH Zaire Regular
2B Jose Altuve
3B Ken Berry
CF Carlos David Rodriguez
C Arturo Buruca

Rotation is Juan Vega, Niko Leontarakis, Yoelvis Reyes, Cooper Benson, and... Aaron Nola? I may have to cut Nola to keep Matt Williams from using him. Luis Urrego will reprise his role as closer, and rookie Alan Howlett will step into a setup role.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:45 AM   #80
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

May 1, 2029

We went 14-11 in April and we are four games behind the Phillies in the NL East. Jose Altuve landed on the DL with a strained knee but should return soon. Dorian Gonzalez has been excellent at the top of the lineup, hitting .358 and winning a game with a walk-off home run. Chris Atherton is mashing to the tune of .329/5/16. The starting pitching has been fairly OK, even Aaron Nola, who has a 2.42 ERA!

Around the league:
-Cody Bellinger (LAD) hit career home run #500.
-Amari Polite (BOS) hit #300.