Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:02 PM   #1
Lordofbrewtown
Minors (Triple A)

Stats & AI Setup Settings

So, I started a random debut league in 1960, and am trying to use 1985 stats outputs (& financials). I changed the Stats & AI setup to 1985 the day before opening day. However, one game into the season, when I look at this setting, it's saying 1960. No matter how many times I change this to 1985, after playing a day, it goes back to 1960. Am I missing something?

Also, I noticed that strikeouts are through the roof (up 79% 1/4 way through the season) - other stats are somewhat reasonable.

Do people generally check the "Automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy" box?
Lordofbrewtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:35 AM   #2
henry296
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofbrewtown View Post
So, I started a random debut league in 1960, and am trying to use 1985 stats outputs (& financials). I changed the Stats & AI setup to 1985 the day before opening day. However, one game into the season, when I look at this setting, it's saying 1960. No matter how many times I change this to 1985, after playing a day, it goes back to 1960. Am I missing something?

Also, I noticed that strikeouts are through the roof (up 79% 1/4 way through the season) - other stats are somewhat reasonable.

Do people generally check the "Automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy" box?
Don't check if you use a different year of stats than the calendar year in the game. In your situation don't check.
henry296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:00 AM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

The way I would change 1960 to 1985 is to sim ahead to a day or two before the season is supposed to start. I would then check the box for "automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy." I would then change the year from 1960 to 1985, initiating the game to run the calculations(status bar runs across top of screen). Once the calculations are completed, I would remove the check from the "automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy" box and proceed to opening day.

Now, when I play the season, the box is going to say 1960 or 61 or whatever the actual year is I'm playing, but as long as I did the above and the computer did the calculations, I'm using 1985.

The league I'm currently playing, I started in 1978. I used 1978 for the first few seasons. Now I'm using a 1978-1984(excluding 1981). At the end of each season, I use a random number generator(1-6) to determine what season's modifiers the upcoming season will use.

If you do use this method, make sure you uncheck the box for "automatically adjust" after the game runs the calculations and before you proceed to opening day. Very important, because if that box remains checked the game will run the calcs again and you will be back to the actual year of your game...in your case 1960.

Last edited by David Watts; 07-07-2017 at 10:03 AM.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote