Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:43 PM   #21
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo80 View Post
Yes it was
Stupid question, but by chance, did the use random rookies check box get unchecked some how? I just set up a 1946 with no draft and I was getting random players.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:48 PM   #22
Danbo80
Minors (Single A)

No it didn't get uncheckecked. Your getting random debuts the following seasons, after the initial setup? I know its user error on my part, I just can't figure it out
Danbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:57 AM   #23
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltrane View Post
Here's a question that I've been wondering about for awhile but never asked (probably because I've never actually made it to 2017 in a historical league).
Lets say you start a league in 1994 with stat output set to auto evolve. What the heck happens once you reach the current year? Do the stats stay put in 2017 forever? Does the game just randomly make up its own stat output eras? Am I making any sense?
The manual does not explain this but once you are done able to import financial settings for a certain year then they should stay the same. So if you start a league in 2017 the finances will never change without manual input. There is an inflation range you can set on the finance page but you have to be careful that the available monies don't spiral out of control. There is a global efficient button under global settings that you have to adjust if your finances approach the one billion range. What all this means? IDK. It's not explained very well at all. So, bottom line is you've reached the end for importing years into your universe and, if you do nothing, then the ootp development system takes over and the finances stagnate. If anyone can explain this better, please do.
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:22 PM   #24
Lordofbrewtown
Minors (Triple A)

I am considering trying this also. So, if you set it up as 1947 as your start year, are all players random debut's for the inaugural draft, or is it basically the 1947 rosters to begin with, and all rookies going forward are random?

Also, how did you set up? Historical league/release all players (it's been a while since I set up, can't remember how to do this best)
Lordofbrewtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 05:35 PM   #25
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofbrewtown View Post
I am considering trying this also. So, if you set it up as 1947 as your start year, are all players random debut's for the inaugural draft, or is it basically the 1947 rosters to begin with, and all rookies going forward are random?

Also, how did you set up? Historical league/release all players (it's been a while since I set up, can't remember how to do this best)
If you want to start in 1947, just select that year from the Historical Setup Wizard and select Random Debut. You can set your minimum and maximum if you so desire. Players will be random for your inaugural draft.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:04 AM   #26
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I using the year I'm playing, so last year 46, this year 47, next year 48 etc. If I make it to the 80's I will probably lock things down somewhere around 84. Have little interest to play the 90's or early 2000's. Bullpens are still tolerable in the mid 80's
I like your statement about the 90's and early 2000's. I'm running a historical league that ran from 1912 and just started 2017. Minors on, it was a test league to see how the minors worked. I can't stand how in a historical league all the records start getting broken in the 90's and how, in the back of my mind, it was all due to cheating. This happens every time I play a historical play through for good reason. Anyways, I'll stop rambling and start a Random Debut League with neutral stats probably set for around '84, '85. Seems to be the best way to go.
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote