Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:18 PM   #1
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Please help - historic rookies not appearing

I started my league in 1901 with the intention of simming up through 1980. Recalc off. Rookies auto assigned to the correct historic teams.

I set this up... twice. Each time no rookies have been put in any teams and no one in free agency.

I have no idea what's going on.

I have the import historical rookies turned on and amateur draft turned off.
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

the rookies appear the first day of the off-season. As i recall, the game in 1901 will start just before the pre-season. You'll have to play the first year and they should appear after the1901 world series is finished and the game says "post-season starts" or something along those lines.

you'll not have any free agents if you have "Reserve-Clause Era Rules" checked .... here's a bit of a letter i got from support team on how to correct that ....

"Go to the League Settings screen which can be found at the bottom of the league menu. Once on there, click on the Financials tab. Now look toward the upper middle left and see if Enable Reserve-Clause Era Rules is checked or not. If it is, then that would explain why you don't have the option to offer extensions and why you don't have free agents either. If you'd like these options, then uncheck that option."

Hope this helps .....

"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 06-15-2016 at 09:31 PM. Reason: change wording
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:36 PM   #3
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

I have run through 1908 twice. In each case by 1908 I cannot continue as teams run out of players. this is the issue.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:23 AM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieFan View Post
I have run through 1908 twice. In each case by 1908 I cannot continue as teams run out of players. this is the issue.
Any chance you can make a zip of your dats and post it on Mediafire i'll take a look at it today or tomorrow. Got canned today so I have some free time til Monday.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:30 AM   #5
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Are you pointed to the correct database in the league setup? If the game can't find the database, you might end up with no players.

Here is the manual page for historical setup if it helps:
Out of the Park Developments Online Manuals
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:04 PM   #6
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

1. I will upload when I get home from work... sorry to hear about your work situation. That blows.

2. I assume the database is fine as it imported the original season correctly...

I had this all working on my old computer, but it crashed. i was up through 1967 on it already and it was all good
Old 06-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #7
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

I have uploaded and its called 1901_v3.lg.rar
Old 06-16-2016, 07:24 PM   #8
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieFan View Post
I have uploaded and its called 1901_v3.lg.rar
Where'd you upload it to? i am not part of the help team i was going to look at it myself.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:59 PM   #9
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

If you ftp ootpsuport.com I put it up on there. You can download from there.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:40 PM   #10
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Did this get answered? I'm having the same issue. Started in 1871, went through the inaugural draft, and have simmed through 1876. No rookies. Teams are starting to run out of players. I have the import historical rookies checked, draft off, disable free agents on. I'm using the default data base which the manual says is correct. Any answers? Thanks.
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:51 PM   #11
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad5000 View Post
Did this get answered? I'm having the same issue. Started in 1871, went through the inaugural draft, and have simmed through 1876. No rookies. Teams are starting to run out of players. I have the import historical rookies checked, draft off, disable free agents on. I'm using the default data base which the manual says is correct. Any answers? Thanks.
I never saw an answer... and so I just started historic season starting in 1982 with a full amateur draft each year. That's working at least.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:40 PM   #12
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
I never saw an answer... and so I just started historic season starting in 1982 with a full amateur draft each year. That's working at least.
I started over and changed one thing. I unclicked (sp?) import minor leagues. Didn't realize that was clicked but apparently it may have been hiding the players since there are no minors in the 1800's. Just my theory but everything is working now and I'm in 1890.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:41 PM   #13
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
I started over and changed one thing. I unclicked (sp?) import minor leagues. Didn't realize that was clicked but apparently it may have been hiding the players since there are no minors in the 1800's. Just my theory but everything is working now and I'm in 1890.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:28 PM   #14
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Hmmm... that would mean you are generating players...
Old 07-05-2016, 04:48 PM   #15
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
Hmmm... that would mean you are generating players...
Yes, but the generated players are the actual rookies and they are placed on their respective teams. Some go to free agency because their initial team is not part of the league. Providence Grays for example. (PRO) If a players initial team was them and the Grays aren't in the league then the player shows up as a FA. OOTP is limited on what teams and leagues are playable in historical replay. In 1914-1915 when the federal league shows up, in real life, then all those rookies for these teams will be FA's.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:55 PM   #16
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Yes, but the generated players are the actual rookies and they are placed on their respective teams. Some go to free agency because their initial team is not part of the league. Providence Grays for example. (PRO) If a players initial team was them and the Grays aren't in the league then the player shows up as a FA. OOTP is limited on what teams and leagues are playable in historical replay. In 1914-1915 when the federal league shows up, in real life, then all those rookies for these teams will be FA's.
This indicates a very serious bug.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:26 AM   #17
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
This indicates a very serious bug.
I don't think it's a bug. For historical rookies to be put on their proper teams the game uses the team identifier in the database. For leagues outside of the National League and starting in 1901, the American League, these teams do not exist in these two leagues so they are included in the game as FA's. You can use commish mode to put the players on the teams they ended up with in these two leagues.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:52 AM   #18
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I don't think it's a bug. For historical rookies to be put on their proper teams the game uses the team identifier in the database. For leagues outside of the National League and starting in 1901, the American League, these teams do not exist in these two leagues so they are included in the game as FA's. You can use commish mode to put the players on the teams they ended up with in these two leagues.
The manual states that the import minors is supposed to be set in order to import minors. You are stating it is doing the opposite of what the manual states and that's a big bug.

Also note that my league was for 1901 - 1908... not pre-1901 as I have never been able to make pre-1901 work to my satisfaction. however previously anything after 1901 worked flawlessly until now.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:11 PM   #19
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Try unchecking historical minors until you import for 1918.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:21 PM   #20
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

This bug (and indeed it is) was introduced a few builds ago and affects every type of league. It has been reported.