Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 08-08-2015, 02:12 AM   #1
flatiron63
Bat Boy

MLB Rosters dumped

I am enjoying my first season of OOTP16, currently as manager and GM of all 30 MLB clubs. Unfortunately on July 1st, 1998 all 25 players of every MLB roster were released. It auto-saved when I exited so the last backup I have was June 1st. This is a huge pain, just wondering if anyone has experienced something similar or if this is something self induced on my part for having the league set up wrong. I appreciate any kind of help as to why this may have happened and if there is a solution
flatiron63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:59 AM   #2
battists
Hall Of Famer

MLB Rosters dumped

Well, given that this is the first we have heard of it, my guess is it's not a pervasive issue, meaning it's either an obscure bug or that you might have done something incorrectly.

Is it possible that in tinkering you mistakenly hit the release all option in the settings? That would seem the most obvious potential cause??
Old 08-08-2015, 09:42 AM   #3
flatiron63
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Well, given that this is the first we have heard of it, my guess is it's not a pervasive issue, meaning it's either an obscure bug or that you might have done something incorrectly.

Is it possible that in tinkering you mistakenly hit the release all option in the settings? That would seem the most obvious potential cause??

I made a few adjustments to rosters for injuries and call-ups after June 30th had been played, the next thing I did was "finish today" and on July 1st I had almost 200 messages from angry fans about their favorite players being released.

I do have a fictional German International League running for fun, and noticed that day, that a lot of the big leaguers were already on the German active rosters.

Edit.. I think I may have found a contributing problem, My computers hard drive is maxed out. Could this be the problem?

Last edited by flatiron63; 08-08-2015 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #4
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatiron63 View Post
I made a few adjustments to rosters for injuries and call-ups after June 30th had been played, the next thing I did was "finish today" and on July 1st I had almost 200 messages from angry fans about their favorite players being released.

I do have a fictional German International League running for fun, and noticed that day, that a lot of the big leaguers were already on the German active rosters.

Edit.. I think I may have found a contributing problem, My computers hard drive is maxed out. Could this be the problem?
Honestly, I'm afraid I can't add much more to this discussion. I can see the hard drive being a problem in general, but I cannot see it being the cause of the AI electing to release the players.

Do you have a backup of this league file from before this event? If so, consider, even if it's just for testing purposes, restoring that backup, and then playing past the same date again and seeing if the same thing happens.

Barring that, I would suggest opening a support ticket, and uploading your league files to somewhere the dev team can get at them. I'm afraid you need one of the developers to tell you what exactly happened here.

If you do have a backup from before this "event," and you can put it somewhere that would be easily accessible, feel free to post a link or shoot me a PM, and I will download and poke around a bit. But despite the words next to my user name, I'm not actually part of OOTP Dev any more, so I'd just be poking around to see if I can make any sense of it.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:04 AM   #5
flatiron63
Bat Boy

Thanks for the help Battists, I did go back from my most recent back up and play up to July 1 and found the problem. So my German League apparently held a draft of some sort that selected all of the MLB players. I looked it up and it sounds like a Fantasy Draft. So clearly this is my bad for having the settings wrong.

Im a longtime Baseball Mogul guy and this is my first crack at OOTP baseball and enjoying it thus far so please pardon my ignorance! I think when I return to my backed up game I am going to just disable the foreign league's draft. This fictional league I use for the big leaguers who get old and the guys that never make it, so not a big deal from a draft perspective.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:27 AM   #6
battists
Hall Of Famer

No worries! OOTP is so deep we are all ignorant to a certain extent! You have also clearly learned the most important lesson of OOTPing: back up your league regularly!

Let us know how it goes!!