Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-17-2015, 07:32 PM   #1
brewertoby
Minors (Double A)

Help with Names?

Once upon a time, I added a ton of names to the name database. I even had the forethought to make a copy of it so when updates came out, I could paste it in the database file.

It seems that I may have screwed something up though. Ever since the update, The new names don't work anymore. I've checked the names database, and the correct one is there.

I've looked in the "saved games" folder and there seems to be a "names.dat" file in there. Does this have something to do with it? Do saved games work off a different database? If so, is there a way to edit that?
Old 04-17-2015, 07:47 PM   #2
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
The names.dat is made when you first create a new game and is based on the names in the database folder at the time. It should be unaffected by any patches and cannot be edited, except by changing individual players' names in game or re-importing the names database.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:44 PM   #3
brewertoby
Minors (Double A)

Questdog...

I'm still not really sure what happened to my file then, but you seem to have told me how to fix it. I did not know there was a "re-import names and ethnicities" function, but after you said that, I was able to search for it and found it. Thank you so much brother.

Immersion factor re-attained.