Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-06-2015, 04:04 PM   #1
clamel
All Star Starter

Starting 2015 setup earlier with spring training games ??

How can this be done ??
That's starting up the "standard" game on an earlier date so that one can test out players and have some spring training games before end of March and the Season Opening.

I tried starting the "normal" 2015 game and saving as quickstart but I still have end of March as the date I begin 2015.

So any fast help ???

clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:23 PM   #2
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
How can this be done ??
That's starting up the "standard" game on an earlier date so that one can test out players and have some spring training games before end of March and the Season Opening.

I tried starting the "normal" 2015 game and saving as quickstart but I still have end of March as the date I begin 2015.

So any fast help ???

Save your created game as a template then create another game and delete all the teams, players, leagues, and any league history in the second game. Then, add the template of the first game to the second created game. The start date should be January 1 or i think you may be able to select the start date then.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:58 AM   #3
clamel
All Star Starter

I will try that, but it sounds a bit complicated....
Old 04-09-2015, 12:45 PM   #4
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I will try that, but it sounds a bit complicated....
In the first game, go to Game Settings. The first tab is Global Settings. On the right, click Available Global Actions and then click Save This Game As Template. Save it with whatever name you want. Then create the second game, make it a simple one so it's easy to delete. You can do all that under League Settings => Delete This League. Below that, click Erase The Entire League History. Then, click on your league name button, then Transactions then Free Agents. You can mass delete all the players there.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:42 AM   #5
clamel
All Star Starter

I still can't find how to change start date.
It's either a week prior to opening date, as standard OR
it's always 1 jan. That date doesn't seam to be an option anywhere.

Did I miss something.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:15 AM   #6
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I still can't find how to change start date.
It's either a week prior to opening date, as standard OR
it's always 1 jan. That date doesn't seam to be an option anywhere.

Did I miss something.
Well, if it shows up as January 1, you can always sim ahead to spring training which will set up automatically.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:20 PM   #7
estyles
Bat Boy

Has anyone tried this and actually gotten it to work?

The first several times I tried, I made a custom game with one league and the game crashed when I tried to delete league. Then I loaded the whole MLB (including minors) and deleted all the leagues, and once all leagues were deleted, it was impossible to delete the players (going to Free Agents showed no one - but I think that the players were still there when I loaded the template). But the worst part was that once I loaded the template, it was indeed Jan 3, but there was no Spring Training scheduled. Also, for some reason, simming days in January was extremely slow - much slower than simming in a normal standard start game.

I tried (before I found this topic), starting in 2014 historic start, planning to just play/sim through the year and try to make the transactions I could to get my team close to the way it should be to start 2015, but when I start in 2014, the minor leagues are all screwed up and my top prospect is missing (doesn't exist in the data). I think someone said that it would be too difficult for OOTP to find data for minor league systems for every historical year, but for the years that OOTP actually EXISTED and had that data, you'd think they could do it. But even if that's not possible, why the fictional minor league teams? Why not just use the minor league teams from 2015 and assume they're closer to reality than a bunch of made-up teams?

The last thing I'm considering trying is to play through 2014 in OOTP 2015 and then export the game at the end of the season and move it to OOTP 2016. Unless anyone else has any suggestions for what I'm doing wrong with this method or another method for fixing the start date...
estyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:14 PM   #8
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by estyles View Post
Has anyone tried this and actually gotten it to work?

The first several times I tried, I made a custom game with one league and the game crashed when I tried to delete league. Then I loaded the whole MLB (including minors) and deleted all the leagues, and once all leagues were deleted, it was impossible to delete the players (going to Free Agents showed no one - but I think that the players were still there when I loaded the template). But the worst part was that once I loaded the template, it was indeed Jan 3, but there was no Spring Training scheduled. Also, for some reason, simming days in January was extremely slow - much slower than simming in a normal standard start game.
You can go to League Events and set the date for Spring Training to start and it should induce the game to schedule those games. If that doesn't work, it wouldn't take long to schedule them yourself. There are pre-designed schedules available here on the forums. All it might take to make them work in your game is to tweak the team IDs in the schedule to match the team IDs in your database.

Last edited by OBSL Commish; 04-16-2015 at 09:23 PM.