Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-27-2014, 11:26 PM   #1
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Photos Vanishing..........

This may have been brought up in earlier posts possibly with OOTP 14 but I haven't been able to find anything.

I'm noticing that the longer i play the game without quitting the photo's start vanishing and I'm constantly having to regenerate the same photo just to get them back. I'm also having to run "Update/Generate all player pictures" just to get them to come back.

Is this a known issue or do I just not have a setting that isn't checked?

Currently I have these settings for the Facegen:

Player Pictures: All players
Create player pictures: On Demand
Update/Generate player pictures: Always if needed
Coach pictures: All coaches/scouts/managers
Facegen color mode: Normal
Facegen background: No background on pictures.

These are the boxes i have checked:

Load player pictures automatically: Checked
Load photofit files automatically: Unchecked
Enable away uniforms: Checked
Enable baseball cards: Checked

Any help would be great.

Love the game!
Aceshigh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:10 AM   #2
BCStone
Minors (Double A)

I had a problem with uniforms not updating whenever players changed teams. I corrected the problem by doing this. Never had anymore problems. Worth a try, I hope it works for you.

- Navigate to the folder for your saved game, go to News -> HTML -> Images -> Person_Pictures, and delete everything inside.
- As a last resort, delete the faces.dat file in your saved game's folder. This will force you to regenerate all facegens.
BCStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
mars001
All Star Reserve

I'm seeing this too. FaceGen photos are regenerated seemingly every time.
mars001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCStone View Post
I had a problem with uniforms not updating whenever players changed teams. I corrected the problem by doing this. Never had anymore problems. Worth a try, I hope it works for you.

- Navigate to the folder for your saved game, go to News -> HTML -> Images -> Person_Pictures, and delete everything inside.
- As a last resort, delete the faces.dat file in your saved game's folder. This will force you to regenerate all facegens.
Is this something that I should only have to do once you think? This was a big issue with me with OOTP 14 but and i felt I had to restart my game over and over again. I will give this a try and see what happens.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #5
BCStone
Minors (Double A)

I should have pointed out that my issue had been in previous releases. I realize my issue was a bit different since my players were not disappearing just not updating uniforms. So this fix may not work for your problem but it's worth a try. Yes if this works you would only have to do it once. Let me know if it works or not because if it does it could help someone else out.
BCStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:52 PM   #6
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCStone View Post
I should have pointed out that my issue had been in previous releases. I realize my issue was a bit different since my players were not disappearing just not updating uniforms. So this fix may not work for your problem but it's worth a try. Yes if this works you would only have to do it once. Let me know if it works or not because if it does it could help someone else out.
Sounds good! I'm going to try it right now.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:04 AM   #7
mars001
All Star Reserve

Aceshigh24, did it work?
Old 05-02-2014, 01:25 PM   #8
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars001 View Post
Aceshigh24, did it work?
Oh yeah my bad. You know what i did that for both of my leagues (OOTP 14 converted league and 2014 league) and so far it's been good. I know now that if it happens again that i can just delete that folder.

If it happens again I will let you know.

Thanks again!
Old 05-10-2014, 10:13 AM   #9
mars001
All Star Reserve

I deleted my faces.dat file and all of the contents of the News -> HTML -> Images -> Person_Pictures folder. My game keeps recreating player pictures every time I play. Only a minor nuisance, but I know something is wrong. Anyone else?
Old 05-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #10
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

I posted earlier about vanishing photos. I use actual pictures (just my preference) but my problem is that the pictures change to face gens at random---not all of them just at random. They (some of them) seem to change when I start the game up. It is very frustrating to have to constantly go thru the entire roster of players for every team and change the silly (IMHO) face gens back to actual pictures. So frustrating that I am no longer playing the game until I read about a fix for the problem.
mickey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #11
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
I posted earlier about vanishing photos. I use actual pictures (just my preference) but my problem is that the pictures change to face gens at random---not all of them just at random. They (some of them) seem to change when I start the game up. It is very frustrating to have to constantly go thru the entire roster of players for every team and change the silly (IMHO) face gens back to actual pictures. So frustrating that I am no longer playing the game until I read about a fix for the problem.
There was a bug with real pics and Andreas fixed it. Get the latest patch (15.2.8)..it fixes the real pic problems.
For your saved game...delete the pics in the profile_pictures and person_pictures folders. OOTP will rebuild them and you shouldn't have any more problems..
To avoid duplicates, turn off away uniforms.
Also, when using real pics only, turn off facegen.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:38 PM   #12
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

So I'm bringing this back up because I'm still having the same issue. I've followed all the steps that the previous user's have offered too me and it seems like no matter what i do they are always vanishing.

Any other suggestions?