Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #1
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

I don't know why i find this awesome!

But I just do!!! I love reading stuff like this from other leagues especially because he can't make in the pros so he goes over seas.

I love this game!
Attached Images
Aceshigh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
Storm
Minors (Triple A)

Haha! That's awesome! I'm seeing that too. A lot of AAAA quality players head over to Japan and become stars. For instance, Trevor Plouffe signed a four year deal with the Saitama Seibu Lions after being non-tendered by the Twins. 30 games into Japan's season, he's hitting .343/.390/.704 with 11 HRs and 25 RBIs. I bet he's not regretting the move!

Then there's Stephen Drew. He split time between my Red Sox and the Cubs last year, hitting a combined .238/.323/.341 - not good at all. He couldn't get a Major League job, so he decided to take his services to Korea and signed a 6 year deal. Well, uh, Mr. Drew - you may be cooked. If you are hitting .160/.256/.200 in KOREA, then you might just want to give up on baseball and retire to your home in Hahira, GA.

So yeah - I can't sing enough praise about incorporating the international league into the Major League Quickstart. It's added a whole new level of depth and immersion to an already great franchise.
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #3
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Haha! That's awesome! I'm seeing that too. A lot of AAAA quality players head over to Japan and become stars. For instance, Trevor Plouffe signed a four year deal with the Saitama Seibu Lions after being non-tendered by the Twins. 30 games into Japan's season, he's hitting .343/.390/.704 with 11 HRs and 25 RBIs. I bet he's not regretting the move!

Then there's Stephen Drew. He split time between my Red Sox and the Cubs last year, hitting a combined .238/.323/.341 - not good at all. He couldn't get a Major League job, so he decided to take his services to Korea and signed a 6 year deal. Well, uh, Mr. Drew - you may be cooked. If you are hitting .160/.256/.200 in KOREA, then you might just want to give up on baseball and retire to your home in Hahira, GA.

So yeah - I can't sing enough praise about incorporating the international league into the Major League Quickstart. It's added a whole new level of depth and immersion to an already great franchise.
I didn't even think to look for Stephen Drew in my league! These are the types of stories that make this game above all the rest!!!

I'm going to go look to see if i have any other guys jumping ship to other leagues. What was the total deal that Drew signed in KOREA?
Old 04-22-2014, 07:04 PM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh24 View Post
I didn't even think to look for Stephen Drew in my league! These are the types of stories that make this game above all the rest!!!

I'm going to go look to see if i have any other guys jumping ship to other leagues. What was the total deal that Drew signed in KOREA?
Can you teach Dave Dombrowski that "not looking for Stephen Drew" trick?
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #5
Storm
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh24 View Post

It's a six year deal (final vesting) worth 5.2 million. He still hasn't figured out how to hit in Korea either. Dustin Ackley also went to Korea, too - just found that out. He signed a 13 million dollar deal over 4 years with the LG Twins, where he's showing promise hitting .276/.370/.384 in 232 ABs.

One player I forgot to add, in the mold of Plouffe, is Chad Billingsley. He did nothing for the Braves and Dodgers in 2014, putting up a 6.54 ERA between the two. He took his services to the Saitama Seibu Lions like Plouffe did, and he's enjoying a resurgence - 3.83 ERA. Best part of it all? He's earning a cool 26 million over the next 5 years.

These are just a few names, too. I'm going to have to find the time to make a list of all the former ML players that jumped ship to a foreign league after being unable to secure a ML contract. When I get deeper into my league, I know that it's going to be fun looking for the Matt Murtons (and Dustin Ackleys too, I guess) of the world who were former top prospects, couldn't do anything in the Majors, and then went to Japan or Korea to become stars.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:44 PM   #6
Andy
Hall Of Famer

I'm waiting to start my league until the MLB quickstart is updated with the next patch. I had planned on just forgetting all the foreign leagues and sticking with MLB only, but this thread is making me reconsider. I have some thinking to do!
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:53 PM   #7
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
It's a six year deal (final vesting) worth 5.2 million. He still hasn't figured out how to hit in Korea either. Dustin Ackley also went to Korea, too - just found that out. He signed a 13 million dollar deal over 4 years with the LG Twins, where he's showing promise hitting .276/.370/.384 in 232 ABs.

One player I forgot to add, in the mold of Plouffe, is Chad Billingsley. He did nothing for the Braves and Dodgers in 2014, putting up a 6.54 ERA between the two. He took his services to the Saitama Seibu Lions like Plouffe did, and he's enjoying a resurgence - 3.83 ERA. Best part of it all? He's earning a cool 26 million over the next 5 years.

These are just a few names, too. I'm going to have to find the time to make a list of all the former ML players that jumped ship to a foreign league after being unable to secure a ML contract. When I get deeper into my league, I know that it's going to be fun looking for the Matt Murtons (and Dustin Ackleys too, I guess) of the world who were former top prospects, couldn't do anything in the Majors, and then went to Japan or Korea to become stars.
I love the Mariners so I'm playing as them in my game. Find it interesting that Ackley is gone and moving on so fast. Have you already finished a season? Or has all of this happened in your current league? (2014)

I don't remember looking for this in last years version let alone if it was even possible like it is now but man oh man i love to see how they do over seas.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #8
Storm
Minors (Triple A)

I have finished one season. I am in 2015.

ADD: Derek Jeter is playing in Mexico! Haha! I love this!

Last edited by Storm; 04-22-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:04 PM   #9
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

That is brilliant!!!!!!! Jeter just doesn't know when to hang em up.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:22 PM   #10
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Derek Jeter is playing in Mexico! Haha! I love this!
That's awesome.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #11
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ADD: Derek Jeter is playing in Mexico! Haha! I love this!
Wow...How very Jake Taylor...
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #12
Storm
Minors (Triple A)

Hiroki Kuroda and Koji Uehara returned to Japan after failing to secure major league deals. Kuroda went to the Saitama Seibu Lions, and Uehara to the Orix Buffaloes. Aaron Harang also jumped ship to Japan after a miserable season with the Atlanta Braves.

There's a running theme in all these signings with a foreign league, I think - at least in my league, anyway. They are all either old players that are struggling in the Majors, or young players not good enough to get a shot on a team's 25 man. The only one that has left me scratching my head is Kris Medlen. He posted a 4.07 FIP with the Braves in 2015 but unfortunately blew out his elbow in August, hitting the DL for 6 months. He reached free agency but went unsigned until February when the Hiroshima Carp snapped him up, paying him 60 million for the next 6 years.

I don't know what he was being offered, but that's pretty close to what he was demanding. Maybe the Carp had the better offer, I don't know. All I know is that he's now the best pitcher in Japan, so... he'll probably enjoy setting records and collecting accolades. I just don't think it's very realistic that someone like him would jump ship.